Call me crazy but I just bought a used Icon

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am considering one right now. Lots of great deals on EBay. I am currently using 928 on 8.1 DP. Although its working fine, I would love the camera and hardware upgrade of the Icon. Too bad Cyan is not out yet. I really want Bluetooth 4 LE for my Fitbit.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Not everyone has an upgrade to use or even wants to use it. Considering how long ago this phone released don't know to many who'd use a 2 year upgrade credit on it. Just my .02

There was no offense intended with my question to the original poster- whom you are not.

I used my 2 year upgrade to get it just 2 weeks ago because I think it's a great phone- regardless of how many months it's been out.

Yes, everyone can comment, but your reply to my question (which only the original poster could answer) was rather snarky. And your following comment about not knowing too many who'd use a 2-year carrier renewal for the Icon came across as insulting. My comments and questions should be respected like anyone else's.

Slow the hate train down a little.. WOW!

I understood what cbreze was saying and I didn't for one second think he was slamming you until I read your response...

Holy bad day or what Batman?

I don't care if they were offering the Icon for free on contract as I'd pass it up and pay full price.. Not buying on a contract opens your options up.. I have not purchased an on contract priced phone in years..

I gladly paid the $499 retail price and I personally have no interest or desire in a contract from any carrier..

To be clear, I am not putting you down, calling you names, saying that you can't post your opinion or anything else that you may infer from this post right here..

cbreze, just like me, and just like you can post opinions..

[[[[ducking for the splatter back effect]]]

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Slow the hate train down a little.. WOW!

I understood what cbreze was saying and I didn't for one second think he was slamming you until I read your response...

Holy bad day or what Batman?

I don't care if they were offering the Icon for free on contract as I'd pass it up and pay full price.. Not buying on a contract opens your options up.. I have not purchased an on contract priced phone in years..

I gladly paid the $499 retail price and I personally have no interest or desire in a contract from any carrier..

To be clear, I am not putting you down, calling you names, saying that you can't post your opinion or anything else that you may infer from this post right here..

[[[[ducking for the splatter back effect]]]

Why are you inserting yourself in this? Why do you assume to know what any other person means? It's really not your place to represent another person here- either Cbreze or me or anyone else.

Please don't refer to me as "Batman" or accuse me of having a bad day, or of starting a hate train. You say these things and then write, "I'm not putting you down or calling you names" when that is exactly what you did!

I asked the original poster, xX_Solaris, out of curiosity (which I stated) if he found the Icon cheaper than the $99 renewal price. I never said the only reasonable way to purchase it was on contract. There was NO reason for you to comment (or Cbreze) since it was a question directed specifically to xX_Solaris (since he was the only one who COULD answer my question)- and he answered me directly and respectfully.

If you consider this a "splatter back effect" (?), consider it well-deserved.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Why are you inserting yourself in this? Why do you assume to know what any other person means? It's really not your place to represent another person here- either Cbreze or me or anyone else.

Please don't refer to me as "Batman" or accuse me of having a bad day, or of starting a hate train. You say these things and then write, "I'm not putting you down or calling you names" when that is exactly what you did!

I asked the original poster, xX_Solaris, out of curiosity (which I stated) if he found the Icon cheaper than the $99 renewal price. I never said the only reasonable way to purchase it was on contract. There was NO reason for you to comment (or Cbreze) since it was a question directed specifically to xX_Solaris (since he was the only one who COULD answer my question)- and he answered me directly and respectfully.

If you consider this a "splatter back effect" (?), consider it well-deserved.

Angry much? To the ignore list you go...

Have a nice day :)

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank you,
No one is slamming anyone. Some have less thicker skins is all, so what? We all come in here for the same reason, our love of Windows Phones. At least one person understood what I was trying to say and it wasn't meant to be condescending, a tad sarcastic? Possibly depending on viewpoint.

​To the OP. You buy phones like I used to. More power to ya. The ICON is indeed an awesome phone. If you've not had a chance to experience 8.1 on it or another device I'd encourage you to check it out with the DP. Worse case, you can always revert back, but not even(THE) best case and I'd doubt you'd want to go back:smile:, Either way enjoy your new ICON.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I honestly didn't get what all the commotion was about but I digress...

In other news, I picked up an iPhone 6 on AT&T the other day (full price) and while it is a nice phone, the screen and camera on the Icon demolishes it..

For an older phone, the Icon still holds it's own!

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Angry much? To the ignore list you go...

Have a nice day :)

No, I'm not "angry much". That does not mean I won't respond to other people who insult me or make snarky remarks. Please, DO ignore me. I would consider it a relief to not have to see your ridiculous comments about me, "Batman".
#EpicFailure

NancyAnnL

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you,
No one is slamming anyone. Some have less thicker skins is all, so what? We all come in here for the same reason, our love of Windows Phones. At least one person understood what I was trying to say and it wasn't meant to be condescending, a tad sarcastic? Possibly depending on viewpoint.

​To the OP. You buy phones like I used to. More power to ya. The ICON is indeed an awesome phone. If you've not had a chance to experience 8.1 on it or another device I'd encourage you to check it out with the DP. Worse case, you can always revert back, but not even(THE) best case and I'd doubt you'd want to go back:smile:, Either way enjoy your new ICON.

The "so what" is that common courtesy is clearly not so common. I did not say you were "slamming" me. I said your response to my original post (a specific question to a specific person who was NOT you) came across as snarky- and it did. And since your response was directed at me, I get to respond to you. How ironic that you accuse me of being thin-skinned when you thank your fan-boy for insulting me.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I, too, bought my Icon outright for around 550 smackers back in March. While it hurt at first, I really, really love this phone and it was totally worth it. My back plate (white) is pretty scratched and dirty, but the phone is still holding up great. Only thing I'm actually kind of sick of is the brick -like feel of this phone...it is kind of boring. Performance wise, this thing really is a beast. Best of all, I have an upgrade available and I won't be using it until something truly stellar comes along...which may be a while, from Nokia, at least (735 is so sexy but a significant downgrade). You made a great decision purchasing this device, in my opinion.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well don't feel to bad I just got one off Ebay should be here by Wednesday It has 8.1 on it already.
This is going to replace my HTC 8x which has 8.1 also, but I wanted to update to larger screen and of course the camera was the selling point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk