Gestures Beta on 8.1 Developer Preview Icon

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I was able to download the Gestures Beta app on the Icon with no problem. Upon opening the app, before restarting the device, the app opens and I see two of the four possible available functions:

1.) Answer incoming calls when I raise the phone to my ear.
2.) Toggle speaker mode during a call when I place the phone face up on a surface or raise it back to my ear.

I have not tested the first yet as I have not received a call this morning. But the toggle speaker does not work.

So I reset the phone, and tried to open the Gestures Beta app again. This time it simply won't open. Surprise, surprise!

I know that the app is in Beta, but I've gotta think that the problem is the firmware. I'm running the Icon with 8.1 developer preview & Black firmware. I don't have Cyan because Verizon is from Satan. Our lack of Cyan/8.1 on Verizon continues to haunt us as Microsoft moves forward.

Has anyone else been able to get it to work?

Ronak Vithlani

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
i dont have any issue on my l1320 with this app. every function i try works perfectly. sadly it aint work with flip cover... but happy to have ms works on most important field and makes our life easy(LOL)

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It works just perfectly on my Lumia 920 and I am quite surprised for a beta app to function such perfectly. Maybe you could tell us what phone you are using these features on as some features won't work on some phones like 530, 630, which don't have some important sensors like proximity etc.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
It works just perfectly on my Lumia 920 and I am quite surprised for a beta app to function such perfectly. Maybe you could tell us what phone you are using these features on as some features won't work on some phones like 530, 630, which don't have some important sensors like proximity etc.

Haven't you read the post OP is using Lumia Icon and he wants fellow lumia icon users to answer if they are facing the same issues or not...

mortecai

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I also have an Icon and after multiple soft resets none of the Gesture functions work. I'm guessing it needs to have Cyan but that's just a guess. No worries, I'm sure we'll have Cyan in another 6-18 months...:eck:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I also have an Icon and after multiple soft resets none of the Gesture functions work. I'm guessing it needs to have Cyan but that's just a guess. No worries, I'm sure we'll have Cyan in another 6-18 months...:eck:

That's been my experience as well.

By the way, welcome to Windows Central!

Trent Vann

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So it turned the speaker on when I sat it down on my desk, and then turned the speaker off when I picked it up. It's something with Cyan.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry OP. I read the post in a hurry and while asking you for your phone model I actually took a look at the post searching for numbers like 920, 1520, 930, I didn't find any. I thought all Nokia phones had numbers in it, completely had forgotten Icon. :D
Anyway, my guess is that it needs Cyan then, cause everything works perfectly fine on my phone, that is 920.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My guess is it needs the snapdragon sensor core enabled which won't happen until official Cyan comes out for the Icon :( Same goes for the step counter etc....

It doesn't seem to be sensor core related. I have a 925 (does not have sensor core) and all four functions work fine. It's likely due to Cyan.

I feel your pain, my Icon owning brothers...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077