Icon, Netgear WNDR3700 and 5GHz network issues

huntersvt

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if someone has some thoughts on this issue I'm having. My Icon came with WP 8.0 of course and I was able to connect to my 802.11n network running on a Netgear WNDR3700 v1 router. I then updated to WP 8.1 using DP and I lost my connection to the n network. I couldn't even see it on the list of wireless networks. I figured it was a driver issue that would be taken care of once Cyan or Denim firmware came out. Updated to Denim last night and still no love. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Did some searching and couldn't really see anyone with a similar issue. If I missed a thread, apologies for posting the same issue again. Thanks for any ideas. I'm hoping I don't need to use the recovery software to do a full on wipe and reload, but I will if I have to.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
after a firmware update (or OS) it's always good practice to do a hard reset. This historically seems to address a significant number of issues, particularly battery life and wifi connectivity

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I also have problems seeing N (5G) networks. I have has this problem since the Developer Preview. Sometimes I could see it and connect, but usually I couldn't. I hoped Denim would resolve it but since updating I can't see the N (5G) signal at all.

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Getting a good 5G connection to Netgear nighthawk router on denim but the range isn't as far with this phone as my recent Androids. I assume the wifi radio is a little on the weak side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes