Bad USB port- how to get high res photos?

lancepr

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My wife's Icon has a busted usb, will not charge or connect to my computer. It will charge wirelessly fine, but how can I get the high res photos off the phone now without usb?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
an app called Easy Transfer comes to mind, uses WiFi network ...
Alternatively, I believe they can be saved to One Drive.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I sometimes use OneDrive just because I don't feel like plugging the phone into the computer. Just click them, then share to One Drive, and then pull them down on the computer.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What format are you saving images in? DNG RAW or JPG? If JPG, you can auto upload the high resolution images to OneDrive via WiFi. If DNG RAW, the only way to access the hires images is via USB (which yours is broken) or a 3rd Party file manager like Easy Share or Pocket File Manager. East Share allows you to access the phone from a desktop/laptop via web browser. Pocket File Manager (PFM) allows you to transfer files to OneDrive either via WiFi or cellular data. If you use PFM to upload to OneDrive via cellular data, keep in mine, the files are 20MB each for DNG RAW files. OneDrive also allows you to auto upload video via WiFi as well.

Easy share would work best at home inside your home WiFi. While PFM would work anywhere (but you could eat up data quickly). Easy Share also allows you to download directly to your desktop/laptop where as PFM can only upload to cloud storage.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
an app called Easy Transfer comes to mind, uses WiFi network ...
Alternatively, I believe they can be saved to One Drive.

My wife's Icon has a busted usb, will not charge or connect to my computer. It will charge wirelessly fine, but how can I get the high res photos off the phone now without usb?

Update: While at Starbucks yesterday, I started Easy Share on my phone while connected to Starbucks' WiFi hotspot. I couldn't get access via IE. So on a lark, I turned on my internet sharing (which disables WiFi), and using the IP addy that Easy Share showed me, I was able to access my phone on my SP3 via IE.

Soooo...in a nutshell, you can use Easy Share anywhere as well if your phone has internet sharing via WiFi capability (which the Icon does). This will come in handy when I'm not inside my home WiFi footprint.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon