Random text gets entered into the Messaging compose field on resume

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else see this, or know what I'm talking about? I think this has been happening ever since the first release of 8.1. It's so goddamn annoying I can't believe I haven't written about it before - or have seen it written about by anyone else. Maybe no one else has this issue? But I've had it despite multiple resets.

Basically if the phone sleeps while a messaging conversation is open, when I wake and unlock the phone, there will often be random gibberish in the compose field. So if I want to send a message, I first have to erase the gibberish.

idk, it's just weird and annoying and I can't figure out what's causing it. My best guess is that it has something to do with typing in the pin code to unlock the phone... which I just realized I should try and test with and without having to type in the pin.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice or to hear from anyone else who knows what I'm talking about

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Happens to me too. I think it's caused by a small delay after you turn the screen off where the digitizer is still active, capturing any inputs you accidentally make on the keyboard. Doesn't seem to happen if I turn the screen off and don't immediately touch it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon