[Icon] Let's talk about the red tint!

Willy Soughers

May 27, 2013
Visit site
So it seems after the Denim update on Lumia Icons, people everywhere report a gradient (And gross) red tint towards either top or bottom edge of the screen on black colors throughout the OS that was not there on 8/8/1 dev preview. Its obvious its a firmware bug (Denim, not Software aka 8.1) because the tint is only shown throughout the OS AFTER what is presumably the firmware loading. Only after the Nokia logo on boot. Why hasn't this been fixed? We talked about this before even here on the forums but suddenly, everyone forgot about it. Heck, no posts from the editors have been made acknowledging this. Why did we stop talking about it if it hasnt been fixed? Do even us users not care? Please discuss. This is a glaring issue and no one is even paying attention.

Willy Soughers

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It sucks and honestly, I think we deserve for Verizon and Microsoft to push out a fix if they're not gonna push Update 2 anyway. At least a fix, geez.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No red tint on my Icon, guess im lucky

No, its that people afflicted are unlucky.

Just wondering, has adjusting the Color Profile helped? Also, have you pestered support? I haven't heard much of it until this thread. (meaning its nowhere near, say, the 1520's or 535's touchiness- pun intended.)

Willy Soughers

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Color profile doesn't help one bit. It works as it should but blacks stay as red/not black as they are. Support tells me it must be a defective unit but when I rolled back to 8, it was flawless. Same when the phone is booting up (Nokia logo) etc

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Color profile doesn't help one bit. It works as it should but blacks stay as red/not black as they are. Support tells me it must be a defective unit but when I rolled back to 8, it was flawless. Same when the phone is booting up (Nokia logo) etc

Still, there are units out there which are in working order, so i'd still call it defective.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Still, there are units out there which are in working order, so i'd still call it defective.

Keep in mind this issue is most notable when you are using the phone in low light conditions with the brightness turned all of the way up. If you are using it under normal daylight or normal indoor lighting conditions, you won't see it.

anon(9088458)

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Thing is so bad that I wanna throw my phone into a wall. Half of the blacks are red and half are green it looks like I'm using cheap android clone. Everything looks like that only after boot. Will it ever be fixed?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My blacks are OK...A little hue of red in there. Honestly, I gave up, after reading 20 plus pages of people calling Verizon and nothing. I found just to live with it.

It's like crying over split milk, there is nothing I can do it about it. We are also talking about a phone, although nicest WP device Verizon ever carried, that has been discontinued for well over a year and 1/2 now. Verizon does not care and wont care if you call them up...

Crossing fingers when we get the official Windows 10 Mobile upgrade (we ARE on the list!!!), the fix is included with it... As that is the ONLY official hope here...

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this since Denim as well and it also seemed to give me much darker video recording overall. Like the aperture is waaaaay smaller than it should be. Anyways, it's only during boot so I don't care as much as I did but hope firmware fixes this. Battery on on these AMOLEDs should be much better considering how dark the Windows OS is. Once you go black... LOL.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
after viewing the video I will say mine doesn't look like that. I have the red tint in the upper left during the boot sequence. That's it.

My video recording is much better now as well. I hated recording video because it was so dark compared to the camera but at some point that's been resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99