Should I jump ship and get an icon?

mike208

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
At my last upgrade several months back, I considered dumping andoid and switching to iphone or windows phone. I decided against windows phone due to the lacking app store, and against iphone cause it just seemed so boring. Flash forward to the iphone 6s release and I liked the 3D touch and what it could do. But the more I considered it, its not that amazing yet. And I started looking again and I like how "right there" windows phone puts the info you need on a daily basis. And I also realized that I don't use that many apps. I don't do social media other than facebook, my bank I can do online since I don't think PNC does have an app. I still need to check some more, but I doubt there will be many apps missing that I need.

So my current phone is a note 4 edge, which its a great phone, but again I am bored with android. I also managed to drop my phone and crack the screen. Still works fine, and I didn't see the point of paying the deductible to get it fixed. And I have found I can easily sell it as it for about the cost of a new icon.

Am I dumb to make that switch? Is it dumb to by a new phone thats 6+ months old? Is it dumb to by any windows phone on verizon, when they clearly don't seem to be getting along with microsoft? Verizon has retired the phone, will I still be able to do the firmware and OS upgrade to 8.1 denim? Any other reasons not to make the switch? I would wait for the 950, but its not looking good for it to work on verizon, what abotu the surface phone? If thats still 6 months out, I'm willing to get the icon now and upgrade to it later, again if it works on verizon.

Help!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
At my last upgrade several months back, I considered dumping andoid and switching to iphone or windows phone. I decided against windows phone due to the lacking app store, and against iphone cause it just seemed so boring. Flash forward to the iphone 6s release and I liked the 3D touch and what it could do. But the more I considered it, its not that amazing yet. And I started looking again and I like how "right there" windows phone puts the info you need on a daily basis. And I also realized that I don't use that many apps. I don't do social media other than facebook, my bank I can do online since I don't think PNC does have an app. I still need to check some more, but I doubt there will be many apps missing that I need.

So my current phone is a note 4 edge, which its a great phone, but again I am bored with android. I also managed to drop my phone and crack the screen. Still works fine, and I didn't see the point of paying the deductible to get it fixed. And I have found I can easily sell it as it for about the cost of a new icon.

Am I dumb to make that switch? Is it dumb to by a new phone thats 6+ months old? Is it dumb to by any windows phone on verizon, when they clearly don't seem to be getting along with microsoft? Verizon has retired the phone, will I still be able to do the firmware and OS upgrade to 8.1 denim? Any other reasons not to make the switch? I would wait for the 950, but its not looking good for it to work on verizon, what abotu the surface phone? If thats still 6 months out, I'm willing to get the icon now and upgrade to it later, again if it works on verizon.

Help!

You can get the phone unlocked and still use it on verizon :D Sure the phone is "old" but it can still hang with the best :) The camera is good. The soc might be a bit outdated now, but paired with the 8.1 OS it will still perform well and the 930 is in the line-up for receiving w10 first

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes