Fast Ring vs Verizon's release

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been on the fast ring for a while now on my Icon. Wondering whether there is any advantage to downgrading to 8.1 and upgrading via Verizon's W10M release? Phone seems to be running quite well on fast ring for the last couple of releases, with the exception of a (I've heard) known issue with the BT LE driver that screws up notifications to my Garmin watch. I just hate the idea of going through the whole downgrade/upgrade/setup process if there isn't any real difference. Has Verizon released any firmware update to go with their release?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
There's no advantage. The OS updates that get pushed will be pushed to all devices (possibly over waves, but I'd assume otherwise (all at once, just like PC, on August 2nd)). Any firmware upgrade you may receive (probably won't...) will head to your device, no matter what Windows Insider ring you stick with, even if you get out of it completely.

So pretty much, stick where you're at, you won't notice anything different if you decided to refresh and go back (besides some wasted time, and apps not set-up to back-up... so more heartache than anything else).

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
There's no advantage. The OS updates that get pushed will be pushed to all devices (possibly over waves, but I'd assume otherwise (all at once, just like PC, on August 2nd)). Any firmware upgrade you may receive (probably won't...) will head to your device, no matter what Windows Insider ring you stick with, even if you get out of it completely.

So pretty much, stick where you're at, you won't notice anything different if you decided to refresh and go back (besides some wasted time, and apps not set-up to back-up... so more heartache than anything else).

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking/hoping.

I'm on 10586.420 on my icon and it runs great, I would think you're on Redstone?

Yup, Redstone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon