Lumia 930: problem with MS Camera on w10m

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 930: problem with MS Camera on w10m

Hey, guys. A friend of mine has this phone. Lately he has this issue that, when he starts Microsoft Camera, and try to take a shot by the hardware camera button, the phone restarts, and even after that the picture is nowhere to be found although I makes the sound of making a photo.

Do you also have this issue? I'm curious if this is some issue which regards Camera version, or an issue which regards the OS build itself. The phone is on production channel.

Thanks in advance.

And please, if you haven't noticed the issue, could you please try what I have described above and tell if you have this problem.

ADDITION: I made this topic in this section by mistake. Please, don't pay attention to this one, I'm opening another thread. Mods, if you could please delete this one. Sorry.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have an Icon on the production build and this happens occasionally but it's been more frequent recently. I rarely use the camera button so that's not the problem. I've also had photos "disappear" after taking the photo without the phone restarting.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for reply. So it appears it us a software issue. :( I have also found a thread in Lumia 930 section in which somebody was saying about restarts after taking few shots, but not necessarily when using the hardware button if I got it correctly. But he said l says it doesn't happen when using another app.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Best solution always for these kind of software glitches: Hard reset, and setting up clean. Will work flawless afterwards.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Best solution always for these kind of software glitches: Hard reset, and setting up clean. Will work flawless afterwards.
Yeah, except I hard reset after the AU and going through another setup in the hopes of maybe fixing an issue isn't what I would describe as the "best" solution. If I'm having a problem no one else is, then OK, a hard reset makes sense. The real solution is MS fixing the OS and/or their flaky camera app so it works reliably on supported phones.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My biggest complaint about the camera app is that since they took away the Nokia Camera app, we have nothing that takes advantage of the surround mics that this phone has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99