Will you be running the Windows 8 CP and on what?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Anyone here planning to install the Windows 8 Consumer Preview when its released on Feb 29? And if so on what machine, tablet, desktop or laptop? I will be putting it on my Acer W500 and am thoroughly looking forward to it.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually looking for a win7 tablet right now that I can put it on. I love win8 and can't wait for the full official release.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. I've got the hard drive on my laptop partitioned up just the way I like it right now and don't have a spare computer sitting around to play with it, so I'll probably sit back and wait to buy a new machine with the RTM preinstalled later this year.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I already have the last release on a partition on this computer, so I'll either update/upgrade/reformat that partition when the CP comes out. My laptop is a Dell Studio XPS 1640. I'll probably keep Win7 on this computer, but buy a tablet as soon as a nice one comes out with Windows 8 already installed.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just purchased a Series 7 slate for a steal. Paid for FedEx overnight. Won't ship til tomorrow obviously so it will get here Saturday.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm actually looking for a win7 tablet right now that I can put it on. I love win8 and can't wait for the full official release.

This would seem to be the cheapest, quality Windows tablet available, and videos from youtube show it running the developer preview pretty well. Should be fine with the CP. Acer Iconia Tab W500-BZ467 Refurbished Tablet PC - AMD Dual-Core Processor C-50(1.0GHz), 10.1" Wide XGA, 2GB Memory, 32GB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6250

Edit: just saw you got a Samsung slate, how much was it for?

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
yep i can't wait for the beta my secondary machine is prepared physically and Spiritually for windows 8 beta :D
and it will be installed on laptop

Last edited:

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I would love to, but I use my laptop for uni and can't afford to mess anything up (which I would probably manage to do somehow).

I wanna upgrade pretty soon after it comes out though

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have an older Asus laptop that I am always loading up with different distributions of Linux. I'll load it on there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon