[April 14] St. Louis Windows Phone Meetup

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Yes, the time has finally come. The inaugural St. Louis Windows Phone Meetup is confirmed for Saturday, April 14 from 12 noon to 4 PM at Triumph Grill. If you have even the smallest interest in WP7, you are invited. I have been asked if it's ok to come if you do not own a WP7 device. Of course! There's no requirements to attend other than having an interest in WP7. This meetup will be purely social. A meet & greet, if you will. I don't have any developers scheduled to speak or instruct you on any technologies this time. I am confident we'll have development-oriented meetups in the future, though. So come on out, get some lunch, some drinks, and let's talk WP7.

Follow on Twitter: Rob (@STLWPMeetup) on Twitter

12 PM to 4 PM

Triumph Grill
3419 Olive St.
Saint Louis, MO 63103
314-446-1801

Official website: Triumph Grill

Bing Maps: Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Google Maps: 3419 Olive Street,Saint Louis, MO 63103 - Google Maps

Just tell the greeter you're with St. Louis Windows Phone Meetup. You are responsible for your food and drinks.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Bump, getting closer. My buddy bvan314 has his Cyan Lumia on preorder. No reason he shouldn't have it in hand for us who don't to play with. Still keeping my Titan...for now?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to mention me and bvan314 are also bringing our full unlocked DFT flashed "Arrives" to play with too.

Nice! I have had my eye on DFT but never did it myself. I may just do that after seeing your phones and what you had to do to load it. Thanks a lot for bringing them along.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
All right, folks. We're in the home stretch! Just a few more days to go. If you can come, please take a moment to sign up on the GroupSpaces page. It helps us make a bigger blip on Nokia's and Microsoft's radar, which may help us get really nice goodies! (Like phones and in the future, possibly, tablets.)

I do have a "Smoked By" t-shirt to give away and some Windows Phone stickers. Microsoft is sending me some more t-shirts and paper notepads, but I am not sure if they're going to arrive in time for the meetup.

In any case, we're going to have a nice time. I look forward to seeing you there.

mayne222

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
For other Motorcycle enthusiasts

If anyone hasn't been there before, the Triumph grill is a motorcycle themed restaurant that is connected to a Vintage Motorcycle Museum and a Ducati/Triumph Dealer. It's one of my favorite places in the city.

If I can show up I will be on two wheels, and probably stop in to both those other destinations as well :)

Hope to see you lots of folks there on Saturday.

houdini13

Jan 8, 2007
Visit site
I'd really like to come and will try if I can (already have an obligation around the same time). I finally got tired of waiting on Sprint to get a newer wp device so I broke down and purchased a used arrive last week to upgrade my ancient wm6.5 tp2. Day one I downgraded the bootloader, loaded RSPL/HSPL, and flashed DFT freedom Rom v1 for Sprint. I'm loving the device so far and super impressed with mango. Certainly no need for dual core at this point...everything runs smoothly. Having said that, I wish sprint would get off their butts and get a new device already. I'm tired of waiting. For now, this fully unlocked arrive on the sero premium $40/month plan can't be beat. I've been reading that we should see some fully unlocked tango roms for the arrive in the next few days.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It was a great time! Had a good diverse group from enthusiast, homebrew users, and developers. We had a wide age range attend, as well as, both sexes represented. A great variety of devices were on hand too... Lumia 900 cyan and black, HD7, Arrive, Titan, Focus Flash, and even a Dell Venue slider. It was great to meet other WP7 users (my first experience other than my great friend bvan314). Speedtouch really went out of the way, making sure we all went home with some goodies from shirts, stickers, XBox games, and notepads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos