So the changes to the RSS feed are awful

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm heavy user of RSS feeds. That's where I digest almost all my WPCentral news. But before I noticed I used to be able to read an entire article within wonder reader without hitting "read more". But now, literally 9.9/10 articles have this.

Maybe it'd make sense to me if there were ads on the mobile page (which really isn't set up very nicely, pictures are way too wide for the column with...pocketnow does this right), but there are any. But interesting enough, there are ads on the RSS feed.

Any chance this can be fixed in the future?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jacobjanzen

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm heavy user of RSS feeds. That's where I digest almost all my WPCentral news. But before I noticed I used to be able to read an entire article within wonder reader without hitting "read more". But now, literally 9.9/10 articles have this.

Maybe it'd make sense to me if there were ads on the mobile page (which really isn't set up very nicely, pictures are way too wide for the column with...pocketnow does this right), but there are any. But interesting enough, there are ads on the RSS feed.

Any chance this can be fixed in the future?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
I agree.

I don't know if this is a glitch, but I also follow the sister site iMore, and I have no such issues on that site.

Very disappointing.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I view the RSS feed in IE, and I've never noticed any ads there, but I will say that I really prefer the shortened "read more" versions of articles... especially on busy news days when the articles are really long. I find myself scrolling less and able to just open the full articles I care about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes