Does anyone have brand loyalty?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I think I like this one as well but the Yoga for the Ideapad line looks nicer to me and of course cheaper, I just didn't like how the screen orientation didn't work 100% of the time.

My first smartphone was a Nokia. When I decided to switch from BlackBerry to Windows Phone, I immediately decided upon Nokia due to my satisfaction with the build quality of previous Nokia smartphones and feature phones.

My first Cell phone as well was a Nokia, then they completely disappeared from the market. I remember in highschool everybody would get a different body for their cell phone. Then nokia's got really small, like could fit from top to bottom in the palm of your hand..... then they disappeared from the US. Samsung, Motorola and blackberry took over, then it was just Blackberry and the Motorazor for a few years....now nokia is back in the US with Apple and Samsung as the Smartphone gods.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
My next computer will probably be a Lenovo Ultrabook. I was thinking about the Surface Pro, but its specs do not impress me. Lenovo has some nice Ultrabooks now, and I believe more will be on the way.

The YogaPad is awesome! I use it for my work laptop and love it, it actually plays some games pretty well too...

For cars, I will always buy Chrysler brand vehicles, I prefer Microsoft's OSes...as far as cellphones go, I feel burned by the Lumia 710, it is an okay phone, but just not the best. HTC's phones have frequently been the best I have ever had, but I don't like their design as much as the new Lumia 920, just a decision if I want to pay almost 100 dollars a month for AT&T's service.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm fairly loyal to brands I like as long as they keep doing what it is I like about them. My next graphics suite will be Adobe, next camera or lens will probably be Panasonic (or Leica, haw, haw.) and Mitsubishi is top of my list for my next car. Once a brand is on my blacklist, though, it's very hard to for me to ever consider buying it again. Motorola is the most recent addition for the way they handled the email and OS upgrade issues with my Droid 2 Global - I think I'm going to hate them forever for that one, and I still get angry every time I see that phone. Microsoft was also on that list for a long time (countless hours spent troubleshooting Win3.0 through WinXP), but Win7 was solid and I really like the direction they're going in now and have always loved Nokia hardware, so I was finally willing to give them another shot with WP8 on the 920. So far, so good.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I like this thread so far.
As far as brands go I really never had one for phones. But I gotta say Apple, Samsung, and Nokia make very good products.
As far as cars go Chevy all day! Anything Chevy I will drive it.
Computers are different I can make almost any PC work. So I don't have a brand I lean on, as long as the specs are some what decent I can usually tweak to my favor. But since Microsoft done made the step into hardware I'm going to give them a try.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually liking the blackberry leak images looking good now they have to put WP8 on it and wrap up in a nice present. :D

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Old Volkswagens, Samsung basic phones and TVs, certain clothing brand loyalties, was loyal to Apple with their Power Macs and then their MacBook Pro line for the first two generations but my loyalty to Apple is gone and am going to be replacing with an all-in-one that runs W8. Oh, and I'm pretty loyal to run-on sentences.

Koato8

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I was anti-loyal to htc after a horrible experience with an android phone, but the 8x has turned my opinion of them upside down(so far). I also love Nokia as my first cellphone was from them.
When it comes time to buy something I do a lot of research first, every brand has fail products as well as win products.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I had a Lumina 710 and loved it. When it came to getting WP8 I was torn. I thought Nokia was so accustomed to WP that it would be better. No lie kinda felt a little sentimental about Nokia from back in the day. Although I wanted the N920 I got the N810 because the 920 isn't on TMobile. Thought about HTC but just haven't been impressed.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
loyal to Microsoft . but not blind one i don't mind trying different brands
as for smartphones my top brands are nokia and htc

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
If a certain brands proves to be reliable for me, I'll stick with it until it makes me mad or no longer works for me. Then I'll switch. Blind loyalty? Heck no.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Am the same if a brand is crap will not go back and that goes for SONY as well.

However I never had problems with SONY well not yet (touch wood) :amaze:

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
" Oh, and I'm pretty loyal to run-on sentences."

Your post made me lol...and your sig made me smile.

Loyal to Acura cars and Sony TVs...but this was about phones I think. Just purchased my first Nokia, a 920, and I think I might become a Nokia loyalist...we shall see!

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Not with my phones. Too many killer devices for that!

I can be a bit with my laptops. I tend to buy only Asus and Lenovo, just because I've seen the take massive abuse.

Tools I tend to only buy from Matco anymore.

Camera gear is where my wife and I get die hard. We're a Nikon family. Works to my advantage though, because I can steal from her high end stash to use on my projects (she's the photographer, I'm just a geek).

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I used to be back when brand names actually stood for something. These days I do research into products I'm interested in and go from there. There are however, some brands I stay away from.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm absolutely brand loyal, but not blindly.

As a rule, I support Microsoft... their products have, after all, kept me gainfully employed with companies as a system administrator for 20 years. That's not to say I think they're perfect, but I certainly don't think they're "evil".

I used HTC phones for years, but after seeing how they handle software updates for their phones, I made a switch to Nokia this time around. I'm extremely pleased with the decision.

I'm also brand loyal for other things.. I'm a Cisco guy for network equipment, Dell for PC's, Samsung for TV's, Nissan for cars, Hefty for trash bags, Crest for toothpaste, etc. I don't necessarily have animosity towards other companies, it's just a philosophy of using what I know works for me. If I have repeated problems, I reconsider.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I also prefer Crest toothpaste, but I'll use Colgate.

I took after my dad wrt toothpaste. My dad preferred Crest, but my mom preferred Colgate. We had both kinds in the house when I was a kid, depending on which happened to be on sale.

I also like Coke better than Pepsi, but I'll drink Pepsi if Coke isn't available.

I always buy Maxwell House coffee.

I've had AT&T as my wireless provider as long as I've had a mobile phone (it was Cingular when I got my first mobile phone).

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Well for phones, I've always known Nokia to be solid, and my new 822 is proving that. Other phones I trust are Samsung and Motorola.

For computers, I always like ASUS for their premium build quality on their products. And people are going to hate me for this, but I've always like Dell for their solid mid-range hardware.

For TVs, Samsung all the way.

For cars, Nissan for the low end (as if the GTR is low end, pssh), BMW for the high end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans