Favorite piece of tech gear?

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a tech forum on the whole, so I figured I'd get a feel from the posters what their favorite piece is. I'm referring to any tech you own, so let's hear it.

For myself, the nod goes to my beloved Kobo ereader. Ironic considering it's a single use device that really doesn't have any other function - but there you have it.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nook Simple Touch, sold it because I needed the money :( I miss it now.
Followed by my Nokia E63. 4th year and running great!

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My Vivo Tab RT with its dock is the perfect computer for me and is one of my favorite pieces of tech I have ever had. I have been searching for the perfect tablet computer with keyboard or dock for the past 6 years, and I think I have it in the Vivo. The Surface looked good too, but i think it is a little too large for use as a tablet, and the lack of a true, battery and port packing dock, and the difficult lap use keep it from being perfect IMO.

Another favorite is my Xbox 360. It is a nearly perfect device that is so much more than a game console to my family. It is our complete entertainment hub. Well, it would be if it weren't lacking a blu-ray drive. If it had a blu-ray drive, it may unseat the Vivo as my favorite piece of tech gear.

Honerable mention: Sprint Palm Treo 755p. I loved that smart phone. Way more than the Curve I had before it and nearly as much as all the Android, Apple, and Windows Phones I've had since.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to take a slightly different angle and say my headphones plus amp. I got a pair of AKG K240 MKII with a Fiio E7/E9 combo and it has brought whole new life to the music, movies and games I listen to, watch and play respectively. One of the best investments in tech I've made.

Close second would be my PC that I put together myself. Does everything I need and runs the games I play really nicely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon