Does anyone else think that BB10 phone looks sexy :D

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I been taking an interest into BB10 and seen leaked images of the new phone which I think look very sexy. :excited:

Does anyone else agree :amaze:

Image below

blackberry-10-l-series-dec12.jpg
It would look better if it had WP8 as well :winktongue:

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
the front of the BB10L looks like the back of the iPhone 5, hehe:)

but all in all it does look nice, to bad there is nothing physical that makes it look much different than any of the other black slabs out there.

stressds

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. The phone looks really nice. And some of the features seem really cool (pull down a shade to enter bedside mode, the hub etc..) However the OS design looks old and boring. Happy with my Lumia 920 and glad I made the switch from BB.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I must be missing something, because to me it looks like pretty much every black phone out there, with the exception of the lack of keys.

Although that said, i think the 920 & 8X look pretty mundane in black too. Its the colours that really bring out the designs, Showing off the screen/keys in the 920, or details like the speaker grills on the 8X.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am cheering for BB. Think they are among the best hardware makers out there. Like the classy look. But the more I see of BB10, the less I see a reason to get excited. I am sure current BB users will enjoy it, it retains the grid formula of BBxx up to now and will keep their large Crackberry fan base home, but I am not excited. Some neat tools and some neat features, but really nothing that screams: "Buy me!! I am different and exciting!!"

But I do love their devices. I miss their keyboards and call quality a ton.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think the phone looks like one of the most boring phones I have seen since the original Galaxy S, which is fine since its supposed to be targeted at business users and they want clean and professional looking (which usually translates to boring in phones). I hate the look of the texture on the back, I wish they had used the same soft touch finish as on the front plastic, or made it a simple black or silver brushed aluminum. I think it would look much better in a white/silver combo (a la iPhone 5 and the MyTouch 4G before it).

All that said, if it sees adoption that out paces Windows Phone 8 and/or gets more dev support for big name apps, I will get this (or a newer version) instead of a Windows Phone 8 when I'm upgrade eligible in July. I cannot stand Android and as much as I love the iPhone 5's hardware (I've has a soft spot for 4" for a couple years) and the big name app support, I get so bored with iOS every time I try and use it as a main device. I'll probably end up with a Windows Phone 8 or BB10 and a red iPod Touch.

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't really find the looks of the OS nor the actual device very appealing, which is disappointing (for me) because I really want to see Blackberry jump into the fight with iOS and Android along with Windows Phone. Just my opinion though, it's hard to tell how well it will actually do when released to the general public.

I do like how you operate BB10 with these gestures though, it looks pretty smooth and intuitive. Reminiscent of MeeGo and the Nokia N9.

Last edited:

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Its pretty slick. Looks better than the black 920. For me its between this and a 920, if I hold off until it is released. I'm leaning towards the BlackBerry though because its browser is amongst the best in the world right now, like better than every desktop browser. The blackberry hub feature seems a lot better than the windows phone implementation and they're quite cosy with Facebook, so the app actually seems quite solid. Instagram is definitely coming too so yeah it might be another blackberry for me. Of course it will be very very hard to give up the windows phone OS and the 920's superb camera. But let's see I'll wait and watch. Wp8 seems too immature for me to go all in right away into.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I do like how you operate BB10 with these gestures though, it looks pretty smooth and intuitive. Reminiscent of MeeGo and the Nokia N9.

I agree. Now that I use a Windows RT Tablet and am so used to its gestures I get irritated when I can't control a phone with gestures and need to use a back button to go back in the browser or click a button to view open tabs. Swiping from the edges is so much more natural and second nature.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
It looks like what I imagine the Microsoft phone will look like. All black, all glass and all sleek.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely reminds me of the i5. I'm impressed but I would never go to BB. Never a fan and it's hard to be one now because 1.WP is too awesome 2. It's a dying company... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon