Jolla Sailfish and Ubuntu Phone OS? Really...?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Just going through articles/videos and I hit upon these "new" OSs.

Really? I mean....really real? Common man..the icon era came and went with iPhones. The tile era is here with Microsoft. Anything in between is just plain redundant.

Both the OSs just looks skinned Android to me. Are they really reaL? I still can't get my head around them. So utterly confusing...there is something happning here, something happening there. Once corner does something...Other corner does something else...argghh...these people make quantum physics theories sound like nursery rhymes..

Nothing beats a Windows Phone's smooth and easy interface. I have read numerous articles of bloggers and reviewers who were once-upon-a-time iPhone users and are now Windows Phone users. Why? Ease of use. Simple and fluid UI. So simple yet so deep.

#Shame #Fail

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Sailfish is just a Meego reboot and Ubuntu will appeal to the Linux diehards who live for giving Microsoft the finger. Niche markets for hobbyists - nothing more.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I read view that Ubuntu still has lot issues to deal with with the top spec of Nexus 4 with all those spec s4 pro quad core, 2gb of ram etc but minimal spec for using the os is dual core with 512mb I would not put it on my phone put it dosen't meet the minimal spec requirement anyway:wink:

Jolla Sailfish sound like a funny name I would like to see what it look like I'm curious :excited:

Then you have Samsung Tizen os coming out next year with BB10 it going to be one jolly of a year :wink:

Last edited:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
There are too many os's coming out :angry:

Which is good for choice but how many of those will fail within the months they're release :wink: or won't get notice well apart from blackberry :confused:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
There are too many os's coming out :angry:

Which is good for choice but how many of those will fail within the months they're release :wink: or won't get notice well apart from blackberry :confused:

IMHO, the only two OSs that are original are iOS and WP. Everything in between are just gimmicks.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised nobody is bothering to revive WebOS, since HP gave up on it and made it open source. That sounds more logical than any of these new OSes.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised nobody is bothering to revive WebOS, since HP gave up on it and made it open source. That sounds more logical than any of these new OSes.

It maybe that the software is open source, but I am guessing there are patents one would have to deal with if you started to make a profit off it. Just a guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes