Hashtags

ololmarc

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
#Why #the #**** #do #people #hashtag #everything. #Especially #when #hastagging #doesn't #even #work #properly #on #the #websites #that #they #hastag #on.
#ie.
Using-Hashtags-on-Facebook-Does-Not-Work.jpg
hashtag.jpg

#seriously, #what #the #**** #is #wrong #with #people #these #days?

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I hate when people do it on Facebook, I actually posted the picard picture of him saying WTF do people hashtag on Facebook and lots of my friends stopped

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got to hash tag yet I'm still trying to solve the puzzle of FYI and all the rest :wink: (solved half of them like FYI use as an example because I can't remember the rest)

Hash tag are annoying it why I don't like going on twitter and it pointless on facebook but I haven't seen anyone use a hash tag yet :wink:

Last edited:

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
When I first got on Twitter in 09 hashtags actually meant something. They were simply used to make it easy to search for tweets about certain topics. As twitter has become more popular and more young people have begun to use it the hashtag has gone downhill. The younger crowd began using them on Twitter as sort of an afterthought to their tweet. Since they just made them up as they went along they were meaningless. Now people use them on other sites where they make absolutely no sense.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
^ Yeah, and even then, you'd barely see them! Now it's ridiculous, so sometimes I'll add "#hashtag #hashtag #hashtag #hashtag" at the end of a tweet.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering the same. I guess they simply don't know why it's originally used in some services and how it serves a function there, not to look cool :D

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've posted hashtags on facebook when I was posting from ME tile and forgetting to uncheck posting to facebook.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I always thought you could search hashtags on Facebook as well. At least, I have in the past. And I know that they mean something on Google+ by making your post searchable, and adding to the "Trending" timeline they have. Otherwise, the only times I use them are on Twitter and Google+. Then again, I haven't been posting to FB too much before I got my Lumia (I hated the Android FB client, but I actually like the WP8 MS client, so I've been using it more).

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Surprisingly, yes. I wouldn't even install the Facebook app for Android because it would turn on my GPS at random, and eat up battery finding my location, something I personally never use with Facebook. Then the interface was just their touch site done for Android. It wasn't personalized or anything. Yeah, all in all, the Facebook app for Android was a downer for me, and I never used it. At least I can bear installing the app on my WP8 device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon