best music streaming service, need advice

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So I have a windows 8 tablet, a windows 7 pc, and a windows phone 7. I was using spotify premium as its on all the devices but I'm a little pissed at them lately, the wp7 app keeps crashing(a persistent problem other people have had), their desktop app on windows 7 is fine but it keeps crashing on windows 8(another problem a lot of people have had). They also don't seem like they want to make a metro app for windows 8 as they've already had a year to do so if they wanted to and people keep asking them to make one on their forums. I just cancelled my subscription because I don't want to support a product that wont update or fix problems on various platforms.

I would consider xbox music but for whatever reason, they didn't want to put it on wp7 so I can't get it on that so that is out of the question. I'm probably going to upgrade my w7 pc to w8 soon, but the most compelling service seems like slacker. They have a windows 8 metro app, a windows phone 7 app, but I just read how it doesn't support playlists? SO now I'm stuck deciding what I want to get.

Mainly I want a streaming service that can stream on windows 8 and windows phone 7 and can let you make playlists and play radio stations. Otherwise, it looks like I'm back to just downloading music and sticking it on my device the old fashioned way lol.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
How about Rdio?

Had it for 7 days, and I never had any issues. The sync between my W7 laptop and my WP8 was flawless and quite sexy.

Xbox Music has a bit of work to do before I (personally) give them my monthly donation.

Using Spotify Beta for my 920, and I have not had any major issues.

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
+1 for Spotify and it works will all platforms. Syncs and streams from desktop to WP8 flawlessly and other way too. Create playlists on the fly, listens to Radio stations, and search function works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes