whats your bike? what accessories do you have?

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a Bell F12 cyclocomputer. It was like $8 on amazon. Pretty accurate device. Basic functionality which is all o desired like speed, distance, odo, max/average speed, and of course time.

More accurately tracks me than endomondo tracks on my phone.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a Bell F12 cyclocomputer. It was like $8 on amazon. Pretty accurate device. Basic functionality which is all o desired like speed, distance, odo, max/average speed, and of course time.

More accurately tracks me than endomondo tracks on my phone.
Ive been contemplating on wether or not to pick up something like this. there are so many out there. I downloaded endomondo but maybe ill just try one of these. itll save battery life too lol. but my question is wired or wireless?

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I still use endomondo, but it is not as accurate, but it is more than acceptable. I have just had a time or two where my phone died. I would rather have a phone rather than the stats in the time of need. I use them at the same time because I love the syncing and stat tracking of endomondo, but can manually upload my stats otherwise.

This little cheap guy picked up is wired. I installed it fairly cleanly. More than wired or wireless is what features do you want? The wireless may just be your only option. Wireless is nicer. I just made the decision on price and functionality.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I still use endomondo, but it is not as accurate, but it is more than acceptable. I have just had a time or two where my phone died. I would rather have a phone rather than the stats in the time of need. I use them at the same time because I love the syncing and stat tracking of endomondo, but can manually upload my stats otherwise.

This little cheap guy picked up is wired. I installed it fairly cleanly. More than wired or wireless is what features do you want? The wireless may just be your only option. Wireless is nicer. I just made the decision on price and functionality.
I don't really know if id care about wires or no wires as long as I didn't have to zip tie the thing down. Don't need it to look cheap ya know....

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
What are some good metal pedals that don't require special shoes for mtb? Ones that won't bend easily?

I would suggest Wellgo MG-1 pedals. Really light and well-reviewed pedals.

If you want to go cheaper I've got these and they do the job pretty well.

Ive been contemplating on wether or not to pick up something like this. there are so many out there. I downloaded endomondo but maybe ill just try one of these. itll save battery life too lol. but my question is wired or wireless?

In my experience with Endomondo it usually only records about 70% of the ride due to signal issues or something. It should differ from phone to phone. I've had no problem with battery life while using it, though. I even went on a 4-hour ride and it didn't use up too much battery.

I would definitely recommend a bike computer, though. I've got a wireless one, but wired is nice because it uses less battery, costs less, and there is only one battery to change instead of two.

This is the one I have. It's pretty good overall. There's also a wired version of it.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Trek 4500. Its a 2001 model, but it's still in great shape and rides like a champ. The weather is just starting to turn in PA and I hope to be able to ride again soon. Unfortunately, I haven't had as much time as I'd like to ride.

As far as accessories, not much. I have a Cat-Eye speedo/odometer computer, a small bike pump that mounts on-frame, and a tiny under-saddle bag that holds bug spray, a tire kit a flashlight etc. Oh, and I replaced the seat, because the old one was a little unfriendly. The most vital accessory is the camelback I wear when I ride. It is a much more convenient and safe way to hydrate on the bike.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

In my experience with Endomondo it usually only records about 70% of the ride due to signal issues or something. It should differ from phone to phone. I've had no problem with battery life while using it, though. I even went on a 4-hour ride and it didn't use up too much battery.

I would definitely recommend a bike computer, though. I've got a wireless one, but wired is nice because it uses less battery, costs less, and there is only one battery to change instead of two.

This is the one I have. It's pretty good overall. There's also a wired version of it.
So I picked up a mount for my Garmin Oregon 450t. I'm gonna see how that works for acting as a bike computer with trail maps on it. Thanks for the pedals input. I'm gonna look into the wellgo ones.they look like they offer better grip.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

So my new pedals came today! I got these for half off brand new �� I'm so excited to try them out!

Attachments

• Shimano-Saint-MX80.jpg
    Shimano-Saint-MX80.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon