That feeling when you meet fellow WP8 Users

oscarcanada

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Here in Toronto, I have seen one other WP, and I think it was a Nokia WP7.
On the commute home, if I take the Yonge subway line (which goes through the more affluent areas) it's probably 50% iPhone, with the rest split between android and BB. When I go up north through the Univ-Spadina line (less affluent) you see a lot more older Blackberry models, then the rest are iPhones and a few androids.
In my workplace downtown, four of my colleagues have recently upgraded. One has got the z10, three have gone for the iPhone 5. When discussing potential phones to upgrade to, the WP wasn't even considered. Wen I mentioned it to a colleague, her reply was "windows phone? Ain't they really boring though?". I have since then tried to give live demos to as many colleagues as loss of my 8x.

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought an HTC 8S in blue last January, but I sold it because I can't play high RAM games (like Asphalt Heat), but it's a beauty nonetheless, 4 of my officemates practically lined up to buy the 8S. It seriously ended up in a bidding LOL! Then I bought the magnificent L920 in its full yellow glory. Everyone's just awestruck when they see my yellow 920. They like the UI as well so much because of its fluidity and aesthetics. People in the elevator ogle my phone all the time that I can't send a message in peace haha! So far I know 3 people with WP8s. Our project senior executive, my officemate with the blue 8S and my sister with her red L820. And I just convinced my dad to buy a white 920 to replace his aging SGS2. Hehe. All that's left is my mom then we're a WP8 family! I'm from the Philippines btw :)

Last edited:

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've only met one other person who had a Cyan 900 (before I got my 920) - playing with that phone is partly what put me on track to getting my 920. I haven't seen any others since, but then I don't get out much :)

lexus67

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I live in Co.Derry N.Ireland have had various HTC Windows mobiles over the years but i have yet to come across another W.P user ever. My 8x is a delight to hold and use didn't even consider Nokia.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Here in Toronto, I have seen one other WP, and I think it was a Nokia WP7.
On the commute home, if I take the Yonge subway line (which goes through the more affluent areas) it's probably 50% iPhone, with the rest split between android and BB. When I go up north through the Univ-Spadina line (less affluent) you see a lot more older Blackberry models, then the rest are iPhones and a few androids.
In my workplace downtown, four of my colleagues have recently upgraded. One has got the z10, three have gone for the iPhone 5. When discussing potential phones to upgrade to, the WP wasn't even considered. Wen I mentioned it to a colleague, her reply was "windows phone? Ain't they really boring though?". I have since then tried to give live demos to as many colleagues as loss of my 8x.

I fello Torontonia! We should do a Toronto Meet up!

I've seen quite a few but that is because I work in a cell phone shop. The feeling is interesting =)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have converted several friends and family to Windows Phone, but I have only seen WP in the wild once or twice. I would really love to see more!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I was helping a friend move into his new apartment today, and I saw the office staff pull out his white 920, while my friend was signing his lease agreement. I wanted to talk to him about it, but I really don't know how to start such a conversation without sounding like a dork! hahahaha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon