What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

Ayush_WP

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I was asked by a 16 yr old girl what kind of phone I had (920). She said it looked really cool.

When I replied it was a Windows Phone, her faced turned sour and she said "Oh those things are so slow and buggy. And my friend said they get the blue screen of death."
I told her it was smooth and didn't get the BSOD, that was just a lie haters told. I showed her how smooth it was. I also told her that Android phones were the slow, buggy phones, not WP.

Then she said "Oh well those phones are for little kids or nerds. IPhone is more professional and business like. That's why I use it!"
I was like wow, she went full retard on me.
After that comment I just told her it was obvious she was clueless and I walked away.

I use a yellow lumia 920 for both business and personal. Noone has ever commented on how 'Unprofessional" it is. If anything ive got two responses. WOW! so beautiful. Or. Its nice... But i dont like yellow.

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
A guy in my class saw me using my white/blue Lumia 710 and asked to have a look. He's one of those 'its not a phone unless it's an iphone' people, so it didn't surprise me when he said 'its like they copied everything from the iphone.'

You know. Because the 710 and the iPhone are so similar looking and all. :wink:

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe my friend from another country said this: "Windows Phone? Apple should make an OSX Phone"

And my classmate who was using the iPad saw the Surface commercial. So, he tried to mimic the Surface that was dangling from the cover.
...I wonder if Apple would put a warning that would say "Do not dangle tablet from cover", my friend was crying over a pile of cracked glass and aluminum worth Php 45k (128GB model)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe my friend from another country said this: "Windows Phone? Apple should make an OSX Phone"

And my classmate who was using the iPad saw the Surface commercial. So, he tried to mimic the Surface that was dangling from the cover.
...I wonder if Apple would put a warning that would say "Do not dangle tablet from cover", my friend was crying over a pile of cracked glass and aluminum worth Php 45k (128GB model)

You should have warned him in advance before he broke it.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

and THAT kids, is why you never go full ****** '-'

i'm still confused about your friend who said Apple should make an OSX Phone...can someone rly be that stupid? .-.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
"Does that phone have random reboots or dust under the screen?"
Or
"Does it have an official YouTube app"

Stupid questions

sent from pure android on tapatalk. carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The fact that so few people are aware of Windows Phones just goes to show how terrible Microsoft's marketing campaign has been. They're throwing away millions on dorky lifestyle oriented marketing, celebrity spots and that stupid Scroogled campaign. So not only are consumers left in the dark about what's being marketing but they're coming away with a bad taste in their mouth. It's been shown that consumers don't respond well to attack ads.

What I've been finding is that no one even knows what Windows Phone is. They just assume I've gotten some really nice case for my iPhone. Nevermind that every single case that exists for the iPhone turns it into an ugly brick.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I did seriously think about getting my Surface out of my bag and really go to town on him but I was scared either his head would implode or I would test out the durability of the device by beating him over the head with it

Honestly dude I can not begin to express my thoughts on that story of yours. It really makes me worry about some people. And yes ahaha, I have the surface tablet and they are built like tanks. Why would he feel the need to make up rubbish about him owning your phone with his *****y iPhone ? Because in reality an iPhone doesn't even hold up a candle to a Windows phone.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
One person compared iPhone 5, galaxy s3 to HTC 7 mozart.
I said why do you compare low end phone with outdated OS to high end phones ?
He said: You stupid retard, do you want me to compare it with Lumia 920 ? You dumb piece of ****.

I really didn't understood what he meant at the last sentence...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
One person compared iPhone 5, galaxy s3 to HTC 7 mozart.
I said why do you compare low end phone with outdated OS to high end phones ?
He said: You stupid retard, do you want me to compare it with Lumia 920 ? You dumb piece of ****.

I really didn't understood what he meant at the last sentence...

Um...

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
This thread is entertaining, but man, is it sad how uneducated people are. I see this lack of intelligence everyday (not with WP because no one ever asks me about my phone other than family).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon