That's fine. I believe in choice and that each should choose the phone/OS that suits them. I use Windows because it think it suits me but I'm just as happy to try something else if it doesn't get itself sorted.

I'm also in a bit of a mood because I had to wipe my phone clean and start again. That and I couldn't download my apps from backup because I don't have WiFi at work. Add in the fact that I still don't have Black and I guess I'm a tad grumpy.
    I believe in choice as well, to each his own. I just don't want to hear about other things on WPC. I'd go to other boards if I wanted to.

Wiping a phone and starting again would put anyone in a mood. Unless you're one of those people who like tinkering around. For some reason not having Black doesn't bother me yet. I was more anxious for Amber.
    01-23-2014 10:35 AM
    Wiping a phone and starting again would put anyone in a mood. Unless you're one of those people who like tinkering around. For some reason not having Black doesn't bother me yet. I was more anxious for Amber.
    I don't really like to tinker with my phone or any IT really. When I used to build computers it was all about getting them to work. Any tinkering was due to not having drivers, etc.

I've been having issues for the last two or so days that programs have been crashing and my connectivity has been crap. Today, Nokia Mix Radio decided to crash on startup and suspend the phone. I couldn't get the thing to restart at first so I downloaded NSU. I got the phone to restart. Out of curiousity I started up NSU and it said I had an update so I updated it... Turned out it was Amber still. :/

Thing is, if the phone works better that's all that matters. Nothing irks me more than a phone not working probably. Especially one like WP where you can't do much with it really. However, for those wanting a clean install you can't go past NSU. It was pretty straightforward.
    01-23-2014 10:41 AM
    All my apps are old and not up to date though! That really irks me to no end! :/ Sigh.
    01-23-2014 10:43 AM
    I tinker when I have to, not for enjoyment. Between having to do it for work and people hitting me up for advice all the time, if my personal stuff is running fine, I leave it alone unless there's a problem.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-23-2014 10:47 AM
    I think the coming Atom tablets will be awesome. I think I will get a nice one. I read a German review about the most recent Atom, and it really seems to be great, powering most desktop apps without any issues!
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and stmav like this.
    01-23-2014 10:58 AM
    I fancy something amazing!
    01-23-2014 11:05 AM
    Another boring day why can't there be more issues!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-23-2014 11:07 AM
    I will even show someone how to use word!
    01-23-2014 11:08 AM
    5 or 6 years when it was clair 2.1
    Dude, Eclair was 2010. Come on now!
    Chregu likes this.
    01-23-2014 11:15 AM
    "Be careful what you wish for..."
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    01-23-2014 11:17 AM
    I will even show someone how to use word!
    Word can be pretty complicated (for a text program that is). I wrote my master thesis on Word. I think it requires quite some understanding to set correct picture and table cross-references, chapter cross-references, or just a directory that is formatted in the way you want it. Or having 3 different page counts.

Also creating a layout that is resilient to any changes at any point in the file requires at least a little thinking.

On the other hand, as soon as everything is set up the way you want it, it's great to work with Word.

You can have some of my issues.
    01-23-2014 11:36 AM
    "Be careful what you wish for..."
    Nothing happened today or yesterday or the day before that and for the past few weeks.
    01-23-2014 11:39 AM
    Dude, Eclair was 2010. Come on now!
    I had 1.6 before I had 2.1.
    01-23-2014 11:40 AM
    I had 1.6 before I had 2.1.
    So about 5 years ago
    01-23-2014 11:41 AM
    Word can be pretty complicated (for a text program that is). I wrote my master thesis on Word. I think it requires quite some understanding to set correct picture and table cross-references, chapter cross-references, or just a directory that is formatted in the way you want it. Or having 3 different page counts.

Also creating a layout that is resilient to any changes at any point in the file requires at least a little thinking.

On the other hand, as soon as everything is set up the way you want it, it's great to work with Word.

You can have some of my issues.
    Word is easy. Excel is where the fun is. :)
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-23-2014 11:43 AM
    Word is easy. Excel is where the fun is. :)
    I can do some fancy stuff with Excel, it comes somewhat with the territory of natural sciences. Nonetheless, I know that I actually know almost nothing about the possibilities of Excel.

Anyway, I wrote this remark about Word only because Word skills seemed so neglectable how BP was writing about it ;-)

...my spell checker doesn't know neglectable.
    01-23-2014 11:46 AM
    Great, the person who was helping me with the purification machine is sick today, so I have to find someone else who knows it. Unfortunately at the moment there's just no one around.

What a terrible start into the day. I adjusted the program in the way I think it should be right, but I don't know... maybe it will explode soon.
    I know what song will cheer you up
    01-23-2014 12:06 PM
    And now we don't have enough of these special tubes, and... what a crappy, crappy day.
    not a good day at all :(
    Chregu likes this.
    01-23-2014 12:07 PM
    Time for a coffee break. :)
    .................. always encouraging coffee
    01-23-2014 12:09 PM
    I was playing obliteration on operation locker, killing a lot of people and getting a lot of points, when all of a sudden, my internet stops working. Yes, ALL three of my networks stopped working. I tried to fix it, wouldn't work. I called TWC, and they sent a signal through the cable or something, and it is 20% fixed. What's worse is that was my LAST match for the night before bed, and I need to fix this internet before I sleep!
    you broketed the internet :P ( yes I know I spelled broke wrong )
    01-23-2014 12:10 PM
    I know what song will cheer you up
    I don't really mind this song, but it certainly doesn't cheer me up ;-)
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-23-2014 12:11 PM
    Okay, a colleague helped me find some more tubes somewhere deeply hidden in a cupboard, and another colleague who knows the machine well came to the lab and has time to help me today. Now I guess I have to eat something, then I will be my happy me again.
    something random
    01-23-2014 12:13 PM
    I don't really mind this song, but it certainly doesn't cheer me up ;-)
    yeah!! a song for every occasion!
    01-23-2014 12:14 PM
    I would destroy the ENEMY!!!
    o.o ehhhh
    01-23-2014 12:15 PM
    Here, I'll point you in the right direction - Apple (United Kingdom)
    the apple army D:
    01-23-2014 12:16 PM
145,180 ... 10051006100710081009 ...