I haven't bothered to read through the entire thread seeing as it's 488 pages long but I'm sure there is some interesting stuff in there. Anyway, just thought I'd like to mention that I am planning on getting a Nokia Lumia 1020 sometime soon and donate my 920 to my wife. We will then put the 620 away and use it as an emergency backup phone in case one of the other Lumia's goes belly up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    that's great, hope that lumia family won't disappoint... your family : )
    09-01-2013 07:37 AM
    Do you think I should prepare for tomorrow, or relax and do nothing for the last time? ...I think I should prepare, but I'm not in the mood.
    Relax that what I'm doing!
    Martsicky and Chregu like this.
    09-01-2013 07:42 AM

I will read in a relaxed manner the most important papers concerning my project again, then I will at least know what they expect me to do.

My 8X just stopped recognizing head phones, it did that before but usually a restart helped. I don't want to send in my phone, the replacement during this time will be terrible :-(
    : )

that's it, just find out about expectations, read introduction and you'll do great.

and about 8X... Is there a soft reset option? :p
    Chregu likes this.
    09-01-2013 07:43 AM
    Relax that what I'm doing!
    Paddy is always right :p so relax!
    Chregu and BIGPADDY like this.
    09-01-2013 07:44 AM
    North London Derby
    Emirates Stadium
    Arsenal FC - Tottenham Hotspur
    16.00 BST
    GET READY!!!!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-01-2013 08:26 AM
    North London Derby
    Emirates Stadium
    Arsenal FC - Tottenham Hotspur
    16.00 BST
    GET READY!!!!
    Tottenham will win :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-01-2013 08:29 AM
    Tottenham will win :P
    I also like ham.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-01-2013 08:40 AM
    I also like ham.
    I like my ham in a sandwich :P
    09-01-2013 08:44 AM
    Good morning, good afternoon and in case I don't see ya... good night!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-01-2013 09:05 AM
    Your not staying?!
    09-01-2013 09:34 AM
    Wish Monday was a bank holiday!
    09-01-2013 09:41 AM
    Wish L520 has a flash..
    BIGPADDY and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-01-2013 09:46 AM
    Wish I wouldn't have to start with a meeting in which I'll just sit in and hope somebody notices me.
    BIGPADDY and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-01-2013 09:48 AM
    I'll write this here as it doesn't rally fit into the movie thread: I don't really know what to think about Oprah Winfrey.

The story, how Oprah told it, was that after this grand wedding party of Tina Turner, Oprah went out to Zurich for shopping. She entered a story, saw a black crocodile leather bag (yeah, great on animal protection, are we?) and wanted to buy it, but the assistant told her this bag is too expensive for her, and she did that because Oprah is black of course.

This lead to an incredible outrage about racism in Swittzerland, Switzerland Touristic wrote a panicky post on twitter and it made news in all the world. Now don't get me wrong, we have racism here, and a lot of it. But this story just seemed strange to me from the beginning.

The comments from people of Zurich were mostly: "She wasn't treated badly because she is black, but because the assistants in Zurich's high society shops are just uptight snobs and treat everybody badly."

After a while the assistant herself gave a comment, and her side of the story was, that this bag was heavily secured and therefore she wanted to show Oprah a similar bag, which is just standard store policy.

In such a situation, when shortly after a movie about discrimination by this same person is released, I just smell promotion. Or as Oprah herself made the point: Nobody knew her here before this all came up.
    My take personally was that she did experience racism during that incident to some degree but it ended up spinning so much more out of control than necessary and in my eye Oprah to a hit and the Swiss image got a slight scuff too.

I think Oprah as a celeb worth all that money doesn't need to pull a publicity stunt like this for a movie. My take is she didn't do that here. The problem with many Amarican celebs is that even though the world is a global village, there are always places that people will not know you're a celeb and why. But there are always places that people will know your ethnicity and if they have negative views of your ethnic group, that will be what always supercede how they interact with you. There are places within the US itself that Obama cannot go, for instance, simply because he is black and not welcome there.

As an actress, she is decent and has experience both on screen and in plays. It was just a sad incident all around.
    Chregu likes this.
    09-01-2013 09:55 AM
    Lots of things will need doing
    You're quite right indeed. I start my insane school schedule on Tuesday. For three days each week, I work from 9-5, have class from 6-9 and it still takes me 75 mins to get to class from work, 20 mins to get from class to home and 90mins to go,from home to work. I will wake up at 6am and go to sleep at probably 12am. I need gunniess and carsleg to survive.
    Chregu and BIGPADDY like this.
    09-01-2013 09:59 AM
    You're quite right indeed. I start my insane school schedule on Tuesday. For three days each week, I work from 9-5, have class from 6-9 and it still takes me 75 mins to get to class from work, 20 mins to get from class to home and 90mins to go,from home to work. I will wake up at 6am and go to sleep at probably 12am. I need gunniess and carsleg to survive.
    That sounds very intensive, I hope everything works out fine for you.
    09-01-2013 10:09 AM
    What you doing at school?

That a physical schedule you got there!
    09-01-2013 10:53 AM
    Will there be a lightning sale on Lumia 1020..?? For 150$ without contract maybe... :P
    09-01-2013 11:02 AM
    I just notice.....

I GOT TO GO BACK TO WORK TOMORROW!!!
    i feel sorry for you. 😆 I am crying too 😢
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-01-2013 11:06 AM
    Wish i had a 1GB phone, otherwise i'd play O&C with you. :(
    i doubt if the game will ever come to 512 devices. Shame 😞 i could have used the company of a fellow forum member
    09-01-2013 11:07 AM
    Going for a stroll with my mother's puppy confirmed on one hand that I am still able to walk a few kilometers, and on the other hand that this little dog is getting bigger fast. She looks now like a half-sized version of the dog she will become.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20130901_002.jpg  
    09-01-2013 11:19 AM
    Got roped in to helping a friend install windows today.

Well, it' actually a door with windows.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-01-2013 11:27 AM
    Naaaa Naaa Na NaNaaaaa .. Giroud!!
    09-01-2013 11:31 AM

Name that quote!
    09-01-2013 11:33 AM
    Name that quote!
    Carrey's only great movie I guess, but it was slightly different there ;-)
    Muessig likes this.
    09-01-2013 11:37 AM
145,796 ... 194195196197198 ...