Morning folks. I should be looking forward to being off two days from work next week but I'm spending those days going the final "finish all these damn assignments" push.
    Off topic
    The word "push" reminds me of a song and now that I think of the lyrics....i feel sick that I've been singing the song out loud in public!
    04-25-2014 05:55 AM
    Off topic
    The word "push" reminds me of a song and now that I think of the lyrics....i feel sick that I've been singing the song out loud in public!
    Without using youtube can you direct me to the song and group?
    04-25-2014 05:57 AM
    So i beat you all in owning cell phone count :p :Cool: 😎
    04-25-2014 05:58 AM
    I still didn't understand what he meant but....i dug up a neat grave, put all my senses into it and closed it....because I'm never gonna understand what he meant
    I'm not going to bother going over it again. There's some sort of block there in his head and it makes no sense to me. I could explain to him what people may be thinking when they hear that but he still probably wouldn't get it. As you say, though. Best to move on.
    hope4wp likes this.
    04-25-2014 06:01 AM
    LOL! Not exactly. I was debating on whether I should. I wanted to see what happened with others first then decide. But yes, I have have the preview. It works fine on my phone with no issues. I even have Cortana going though I haven't bothered much with it, which is what I thought would happen.

I think the dev preview is a good idea. The problem comes from the fact that people think it's the RTM version and they have issues (go look at the WP8.1 forum for a taste) and wonder why the OS is so bad after the 'update'. That's my issue with it. If WP8.1 caused me problems I'd wipe it off my phone.
    Yeah the forum is a wash with people moaning it is seriously doing my nut in! I was thinking of giving the 8.1 preview a go as well but then just before the preview came out my.phone broke :S so not too sure now :)
    hope4wp likes this.
    04-25-2014 06:01 AM
    Personally, I'm thinking more and more about consolidation again. I like the feel of the Icon as as much as I don't like to switch formats and use adapters, I may get the 930 and just use that as my daily driver. I have a good pair of headphones now so I can tolerate the crappy audio from Nokia a little better.

Now I could fix that by selling my Z Ultra and getting a HTC One M8 in Gunmetal Gray, but I like my Z Ultra too much. So I won't get the 930 until maybe at year's end at the earliest.
    There's a good deal to get a 1020 but I don't want the older CPU. I'd rather wait and see what comes.
    04-25-2014 06:02 AM
    Yeah the forum is a wash with people moaning it is seriously doing my nut in! I was thinking of giving the 8.1 preview a go as well but then just before the preview came out my.phone broke :S so not too sure now :)
    Didn't you get a new phone or am I thinking of someone else?

You have a L920 right? I have zero issues with WP8.1. If everything is smooth on your phone then go for it. If you have any minor issues I'd do a hard reset or use the NSU then load WP8.1. That's my opinion though.
    04-25-2014 06:03 AM
    Without using youtube can you direct me to the song and group?
    Like in vevo/dailymotion?
    04-25-2014 06:06 AM
    Didn't you get a new phone or am I thinking of someone else?

You have a L920 right? I have zero issues with WP8.1. If everything is smooth on your phone then go for it. If you have any minor issues I'd do a hard reset or use the NSU then load WP8.1. That's my opinion though.
    Yeah Vodafone replace my 920, although it is most likely not a new phone probably one someone had and didn't like and returned it within 14 days :S

I may give it a try then. I really am looking forward to all the new features 8.1 gives. However currently my xbox music beta app i have installed isn't working at all on my 8 load it up and screen goes white :S and Nokia mix radio doesn't work with 8.1 right now. I listen to my music at work currently :)
    04-25-2014 06:10 AM
    http://www.metrolyrics.com/push-lyri...-iglesias.html
    Maybe you can hear it on jango from this lyrics site :p
    04-25-2014 06:11 AM
    Yeah Vodafone replace my 920, although it is most likely not a new phone probably one someone had and didn't like and returned it within 14 days :S

I may give it a try then. I really am looking forward to all the new features 8.1 gives. However currently my xbox music beta app i have installed isn't working at all on my 8 load it up and screen goes white :S and Nokia mix radio doesn't work with 8.1 right now. I listen to my music at work currently :)
    Before upgrading to WP8.1 you need the phone to have no issues. Honestly, they'll just carry over otherwise.

I'd use this: FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - UK

Do a good run through your phone and then upgrade.

What's supposed to be wrong with Nokia Music? I use it as the player currently but I can't remember if I used it since I upgraded for the mixes.
    04-25-2014 06:13 AM
    Enrique Iglesias - Push Lyrics | MetroLyrics
    Wow, that's a first. That site actually came up! Usually all media (aside from BBC) gets black listed.
    04-25-2014 06:14 AM
    The l920 you were talking about in the other thread?
    04-25-2014 06:15 AM
    Enrique Iglesias - Push Lyrics | MetroLyrics
    Excuse my sarcasm for minute... Oh look! Another song about sex is popular! Should I be surprised???? :P

I can see why singing that in public could be an issue. :P
    hope4wp likes this.
    04-25-2014 06:17 AM
    Wow, that's a first. That site actually came up! Usually all media (aside from BBC) gets black listed.
    maybe they don't know about it yet :P
    Excuse my sarcasm for minute... Oh look! Another song about sex is popular! Should I be surprised???? :P

I can see why singing that in public could be an issue. :P
    all I cared about was the beats in it :P you need more examples?
    04-25-2014 06:26 AM
    all I cared about was the beats in it :P you need more examples?
    Yes, yes I know. That's what all the 11-12 year olds say. :P

Look up Nine Inch Nails - Closer

Then we'll talk.
    04-25-2014 06:29 AM
    I just bought a brand new camera with 12 MP. Why should I care about 40 or 20 MP on a phone then? ;-)

Honestly, I don't look at them on a screen with a higher resolution, and I have never printed a poster. I rather have a high quality than a big number that looks good on paper.

I feel like drinking a coffee.
    04-25-2014 06:30 AM
    04-25-2014 06:31 AM
    OMG I'm so confused by this deal.. It is so complicated and so many things are going on.. 😲
    04-25-2014 06:34 AM
    Yes, yes I know. That's what all the 11-12 year olds say. :P

Look up Nine Inch Nails - Closer

Then we'll talk.
    nah I couldn't read the lyrics...I read only two lines :P maybe me and my friends can make fun of the lyrics but I'm never gonna listen to it :P =|
    04-25-2014 06:38 AM
    I have a feeling my wife will want this camera to replace the one we have:

Canon IXUS 230 HS Digital Camera - Purple 3.0 inch LCD: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo
    Looks good! Fancy color :D
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2014 06:38 AM
    nah I couldn't read the lyrics...I read only two lines :P maybe me and my friends can make fun of the lyrics but I'm never gonna listen to it :P =|
    I meant for you to listen to the music. :P The beat is very good. :) Especially with the bass cranked up.
    04-25-2014 06:43 AM
    We all knew that was coming though right? Do you guys think highly of this step?

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    I'm indifferent. I just want a good OS and a good phone to go with it.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-25-2014 06:44 AM
    OMG I'm so confused by this deal.. It is so complicated and so many things are going on.. 😲
    Confession: when I first read your post, I thought "our thread always has a lot going on".

But to solve your confusion: Nokia sold the handset making part of itself. They kept the innovative mapping and advanced research part. They wanted to add the Chennai plant to the deal, but the flap with the Indian government changed that.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    We all knew that was coming though right? Do you guys think highly of this step?
    If Microsoft implements the Lumia features into the OS for every manufacturer and the take-over doesn't slow development, I think it's fine.
    hope4wp and kmji1957 like this.
144,455 ... 22562257225822592260 ...