Considering you could consider Graphic Design marketing, I reject your hypothesis. Scrub Marketing off the list and we're good.
    09-09-2013 08:17 AM
    Considering you could consider Graphic Design marketing, I reject your hypothesis. Scrub Marketing off the list and we're good.
    Graphic design is an art, though it serves marketing. That being said, it's not the art I'm offended by it's the superficial messages. :P
    Muessig likes this.
    09-09-2013 08:21 AM
    I like sales staff who else can give you a good enough laugh!
    09-09-2013 08:25 AM
    Here's a quote, well more like a monologue from a comedian I like called Bill Hicks:

Bill Hicks: By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing... kill yourself.

[audience laughs and claps]

Bill Hicks: Thank you. Just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day, they'll take root. I don't know. You try, you do what you can. Kill yourself. Seriously though, if you are, do.

[audience laughs]

Bill Hicks: Aaah, no really, there's no rationalisation for what you do and you are Satan's little helpers, okay? Kill yourself, seriously. You're the ruiner of all things good, seriously. No, no, this is not a joke, you're going, "there's gonna to be a joke coming," there's no ******* joke coming. You are Satan's spawn filling the world with bile and garbage. You are ****ed and you are ******* us. Kill yourself. It's the only way to save your ******* soul. Kill yourself.

[audience claps and whoops]

Bill Hicks: Planting seeds. I know all the marketing people are going, "he's doing a joke..." there's no joke here whatsoever. Suck a tail-pipe, ******* hang yourself, borrow a gun from a Yank friend. I don't care how you do it. Rid the world of your evil ******* machinations. Machi... whatever, you know what I mean. I know what all the marketing people are thinking right now too, "Oh, you know what Bill's doing, he's going for that anti-marketing dollar. That's a good market, he's very smart."

[audience laughs]

Bill Hicks: Oh man, I am not doing that, you ******* evil scumbags. "Ooh, you know what Bill's doing now, he's going for the righteous indignation dollar. That's a big dollar. A lot of people are feeling that indignation. We've done research. Huge market. He's doing a good thing." Goddammit, I'm not doing that, you scumbags. Quit putting a goddamm dollar sign on every ******* thing on this planet! "Ooh, the anger dollar. Huge. Huge in times of recession. Giant market. Bill's very bright to do that." God, I'm just caught in a ******* web. "Ooh, the trapped dollar, big dollar, huge dollar. Good market. Look at our research. We see that many people feel trapped. If we play to that and then separate them into the trapped dollar..." God, how do you live like that? I bet you sleep like ******* babies at night, don't you? "What did ya do tonight honey?" "Oh, we made ah, we made ah, arsenic ah, childhood food now, goodnight."

[lays down and snores]

Bill Hicks: "Yeah, we just said you know is your baby really too loud? You know?"

[snores]

Bill Hicks: "Yeah, it'll... you know the mums will love it."

[snores]

Bill Hicks: [stands up] Sleep like ******* children, don't you? This is your world isn't it?
    09-09-2013 08:26 AM
    It's unfortunate that Bill isn't with us anymore. He was quite funny. What is scary though is that he did comedy when Bush Sr was in power. His jokes are still valid in this day and age.
    09-09-2013 08:29 AM
    Now that I'm done beating up on marketing and salespeople, what kind of phone do you hope to get next? :P
    09-09-2013 08:31 AM
    I'd personally like to get one with a proper zoom lens on it someday while still maintaining style. I think that Samsung one is ugly.
    09-09-2013 08:32 AM
    And the thread has hit the breaks.....
    09-09-2013 08:34 AM
    It's unfortunate that Bill isn't with us anymore. He was quite funny. What is scary though is that he did comedy when Bush Sr was in power. His jokes are still valid in this day and age.
    Listen to the man - youtube his stand up - he was brilliant.
    09-09-2013 08:35 AM
    Listen to the man - youtube his stand up - he was brilliant.
    I've got all his albums in MP3 format. I'd say 90% was fantastic. There were a few bits here and there that are not so great.
    09-09-2013 08:38 AM
    I meant to watch the Bill Hicks movie of his life. Not sure if I can view it here in the UK or if it's on any of the net movie sites.
    09-09-2013 08:39 AM
    I've got all his albums in MP3 format. I'd say 90% was fantastic. There were a few bits here and there that are not so great.
    I did a bit of a comedy week a little while ago just to break things up - started off with denis leary then went to bill hicks then Derek and clive live (Dudley moore & Peter o'toole) then onto the goon show, spike milligan and peter sellers kill me.
    09-09-2013 08:52 AM
    Well time for another picture of Rouen.

Sunset over the river Seine.

wp_20130906_009-1-.jpg
    Muessig likes this.
    09-09-2013 08:52 AM
    I did a bit of a comedy week a little while ago just to break things up - started off with denis leary then went to bill hicks then Derek and clive live (Dudley moore & Peter o'toole) then onto the goon show, spike milligan and peter sellers kill me.
    I do things like that occassionally. I need more material though. I only have Bill Hicks, Steven Wright, Emo Philips and Denis Leary.
    09-09-2013 08:54 AM
    Now that I'm done beating up on marketing and salespeople, what kind of phone do you hope to get next? :P
    a Lumia 1020. 😊.
    09-09-2013 09:12 AM
    a Lumia 1020. .
    I thought about that. The 1020 is a nice phone in general but it doesn't really work for me. I want a physical zoom. Yes mega pixels are important but I want to be able to zoom without distortion. Also the lack of an SD card turned me off the phone.
    09-09-2013 09:17 AM
    SONY with WP or 1520.
    09-09-2013 09:18 AM
    I like rainbows and gumdrops and cake and more importantly SONY!
    09-09-2013 09:19 AM
    SONY with WP or 1520.
    I guess a Sony phone is a small possibility. The 1520 way too big for me.
    09-09-2013 09:20 AM
    I guess a Sony phone is a small possibility. The 1520 way too big for me.
    I got big hands for working with big objects...
    09-09-2013 09:21 AM
    I got big hands for working with big objects...
    I have big mitts too but the 920 is big enough. I'm not a mining/steel worker with thick fingers. :P
    09-09-2013 09:22 AM
    My middle finger is approximately 85mm long.
    09-09-2013 09:23 AM
    I have big mitts too but the 920 is big enough. I'm not a mining/steel worker with thick fingers. :P
    I got thick figures and I work in IT where everything is small so I made my hand more delicate for working with smaller objects....
    09-09-2013 09:24 AM
    My middle finger is approximately 85mm long.
    My middle figures 4.3-4.4 inches long!
    09-09-2013 09:25 AM
    Hmm next phone...

As much as I would love to get the 1020 on an early upgrade it would come at a price. Which being honest I am not willing to pay - so all things considered im going to ride out my 2 year contract with my 8x until October 2014 - who knows what sort of phones will be out then.
    09-09-2013 09:26 AM
145,256 ... 245246247248249 ...