Almost makes sense xD it could happen, true, but i think it wouldn't be soon :)
    yeah not in our life time but maybe in the future. who knows
    06-18-2014 12:38 AM
    In "Her" having a relationship with an OS was socially accepted. That was a big plus of the movie for me, as it made the topic deeper.

If you haven't seen it you should, it's much more clever than it seems in the first part.
    06-18-2014 12:50 AM
    In "Her" having a relationship with an OS was socially accepted. That was a big plus of the movie for me, as it made the topic deeper.

If you haven't seen it you should, it's much more clever than it seems in the first part.
    I seen it already :P if that was the directed to me :)
    06-18-2014 12:52 AM
    I like watching documentary's because they seem correct. im watching gangland and extremist political views
    Be careful with documentaries some can have a view they want to get across. Completely biased. Some do it better than others.
    06-18-2014 12:58 AM
    Be careful with documentaries some can have a view they want to get across. Completely biased. Some do it better than others.
    im wathing the documentaries from net geo , the history channel and discovery channel. i trust them enough
    06-18-2014 01:06 AM
    I seen it already :P if that was the directed to me :)
    General remark.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-18-2014 01:08 AM
    General remark.
    ahhhh makes sense
    06-18-2014 01:11 AM
    im wathing the documentaries from net geo , the history channel and discovery channel. i trust them enough

I wouldn't.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-18-2014 01:13 AM
    I wouldn't.
    that's what i am using all three. 3 different views :)
    06-18-2014 01:14 AM
    anyways im off... good night and good morning i think
    06-18-2014 01:14 AM
    Sleep well Sahib.
    06-18-2014 01:27 AM
    i actually have a copy of the movie Her in phone. I love how this movie can make me forget I'm watching a movie about a human-AI relationship. It all feels so real, you know. And all the emotions and the new perspective I got from it... Wow. Just wow
    06-18-2014 01:49 AM
    i actually have a copy of the movie Her in phone. I love how this movie can make me forget I'm watching a movie about a human-AI relationship. It all feels so real, you know. And all the emotions and new the new perspective I got from it... Wow. Just wow
    Some people find the idea of Her a bit creepy. I'm indifferent personally and we're already heading that way anyway. Japan has already dipped it's toes in.

We can discuss what 'alive' and 'life' is another time. :P
    06-18-2014 01:52 AM
    Absolutely. I gotta hit the road again now. Guess I'm not gonna make Cortana play my playlist this time since she proves to be quite clumsy in handling my tunes :)
    06-18-2014 01:56 AM
    Some people find the idea of Her a bit creepy. I'm indifferent personally and we're already heading that way anyway. Japan has already dipped it's toes in.

We can discuss what 'alive' and 'life' is another time. :P
    There seems to be a new quoting feature implemented, it doesn't seem to work right though.

I'm not indifferent. I'm entirely side of the protagonist's ex-wife. A relationship to a programmed operation system is an artificial one, it can never replace a real relationship. It's avoiding conflict, it's taking advantage. You can't just shut down or update a person, you can't just give the person you have a relationship with back. It's worse than an internet relationship with a person you know you will never be able to meet, at least that's a real person, a person with a face and a history.

No manufacturer would however allow this to happen anyway. A relationship of a person with the published software could lead to nasty law-suits from all directions. I really don't see this happen.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-18-2014 02:00 AM
    Wow 😲 Sahib is learning about Islam :p
    06-18-2014 02:31 AM
    There seems to be a new quoting feature implemented, it doesn't seem to work right though.

I'm not indifferent. I'm entirely side of the protagonist's ex-wife. A relationship to a programmed operation system is an artificial one, it can never replace a real relationship. It's avoiding conflict, it's taking advantage. You can't just shut down or update a person, you can't just give the person you have a relationship with back. It's worse than an internet relationship with a person you know you will never be able to meet, at least that's a real person, a person with a face and a history.

No manufacturer would however allow this to happen anyway. A relationship of a person with the published software could lead to nasty law-suits from all directions. I really don't see this happen.
    I haven't seen the movie so I wasn't aware of the ex-wife bit.

I do agree there are many issues around the use if AI or OS as a sub to real relationships. We are already seeing the issues with social media and the lack of empathy that people have when they are not connected face to face. Though I personally think humans have a long way to go with that anyway.

My indifference was to do with whatever 'floats your boat'. In Japan they are already having 'virtual' relationships with AI. I have little doubt that AI sex is either already happening or will happen soon. There's already ways to have 'virtual' sex with your partner using either a computer or smartphone. They're not perfect but we're already heading that way. I won't go into the 'Real Doll'.

As we both know a lot of the hang ups about sex and relationships is from religious thinking. To me AI will never be a substitute for a real person but it may be helpful for some situations.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-18-2014 02:46 AM
    Wow Sahib is learning about Islam :p
    I don't know if I would call it learning. :P Watching any of those channels would end up with a bit of a slanted perspective.
    06-18-2014 02:49 AM
    06-18-2014 03:25 AM
    I don't know if I would call it learning. :P Watching any of those channels would end up with a bit of a slanted perspective.

Well yeah that is true :p
    06-18-2014 03:35 AM
    Agreed. There are people on the article bashing it of course but that's nothing new.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-18-2014 at 05:42 AM.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-18-2014 05:19 AM
    why don't I ever get 160/160 in QuizUp?? :(
    06-18-2014 05:34 AM
    Hold your horses, human has a long way to go until such a human like AI can be created. Intellectual capabilities, sure, but I'm not too sure about emotional capabilities. Something like Stark 's Jarvis :) now that's an impressive AI
    hope4wp likes this.
    06-18-2014 05:38 AM
    Scarlett Johansson bad choice for AI :p
    06-18-2014 05:47 AM
    Hold your horses, human has a long way to go until such a human like AI can be created. Intellectual capabilities, sure, but I'm not too sure about emotional capabilities. Something like Stark 's Jarvis :) now that's an impressive AI
    No one said that there was a perfect AI available. I was just pointing out that we're already moving in that direction. There are guys in Japan taking their virtual 'girlfriends' on dates. Not sure what else goes on. It also depends on what you want out of that other 'person'. There's a lot of strange people out there.

To be used just for gratification it doesn't take much does it?
    06-18-2014 05:48 AM
143,644 ... 28382839284028412842 ...