Wasn't that bad. Something useful ish I read in there. Yes, Fandroids can be as bad as iSheep and WinPhans.
    When I linked it I only had the "you are doing something wrong, don't use that many apps then, those are too many apps!" response.
    07-29-2014 11:16 AM
    Morning folks. So I started my day off with being halfways into the tunnel that connects NJ and NYC and a train stalls. Yes, they had to literally back us out and switch to the outbound tunnel. At least I wasn't on the train itself that stalled. This sojourn only added another mere hour to my commute...
    Sounds very annoying...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-29-2014 11:17 AM
    When I linked it I only had the "you are doing something wrong, don't use that many apps then, those are too many apps!" response.
    I saw that one. It reminded me of when people who bought an iPhone 4 talked about the death grip, Steve Jobs jumped up and said "you ****** ain't holding the phone right!"

People can be something else at times...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    Chregu likes this.
    07-29-2014 11:19 AM
    Sounds very annoying...
    Meh. That's how I felt. When you travel always by mass transit, you expect these things..

Chregu likes this.
    07-29-2014 11:20 AM
    The support answer from LG: Check for updates. And then make a hard-reset, doesn't matter if there's an update or not. If it doesn't help bring it to the place you've bought it, it's none of our business.
    07-29-2014 11:35 AM
    So I'm giving the doctors at work who went to the cookout on Saturday a hard time. These ones whose chops I'm busting are known "fishes", as in people who drink a lot of alcohol. I'm ragging them because they didn't try the cocktail I made. They were like "that's too badass for me". I laugh because I used a safe vanilla rum in there...if I put the Over proof Rum as I usually do, they'd have been really D.O.A.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-29-2014 11:48 AM
    The support answer from LG: Check for updates. And then make a hard-reset, doesn't matter if there's an update or not. If it doesn't help bring it to the place you've bought it, it's none of our business.
    Well, see if you can get it returned for another one...

07-29-2014 11:49 AM
    Well, see if you can get it returned for another one...
    This is not how things in Switzerland work. You don't get a new phone when you have issues. They send your phone in. Then they try to reproduce the issue, they will realize they can't (it's not reproducible), will hardreset it and send it back.

I don't feel like using my 8X for three weeks to get a hardreset done...

Well, they offered a "Why didn't you like our support answer?" button, I wrote that I don't really need a standard block answer for EVERY mobile phone problem, that they at least could mention my problem specifically instead of telling me to make a hard-reset and hope for the best. They most certainly won't care, but it makes me feel better ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-29-2014 11:53 AM
    So people ask me why I never buy on launch. Simply because I don't want to get a lemon and never crave for the latest and greatest. Now, that's not a foolproof strategy, but I'm on a streak of never getting lemons that way. Second hand money pits are a different story. Still you would think manufacturers do enough QA but like anything else in life, they never really know until the public gets a gold of the product.

Still, buying a lemon would **** me off tremendously.

N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    07-29-2014 11:54 AM
    This is not how things in Switzerland work. You don't get a new phone when you have issues. They send your phone in. Then they try to reproduce the issue, they will realize they can't (it's not reproducible), will hardreset it and send it back.

I don't feel like using my 8X for three weeks to get a hardreset done...

Well, they offered a "Why didn't you like our support answer?" button, I wrote that I don't really need a standard block answer for EVERY mobile phone problem, that they at least could mention my problem specifically instead of telling me to make a hard-reset and hope for the best. They most certainly won't care, but it makes me feel better ;-)
    Geez, you kicked that 8X to the dub really fast. Sorry to see your options are limited.

Chregu likes this.
    07-29-2014 11:55 AM
    So people ask me why I never buy on launch. Simply because I don't want to get a lemon and never crave for the latest and greatest. Now, that's not a foolproof strategy, but I'm on a streak of never getting lemons that way. Second hand money pits are a different story. Still you would think manufacturers do enough QA but like anything else in life, they never really know until the public gets a gold of the product.

Still, buying a lemon would **** me off tremendously.

Nokia seems to have this issue a lot but it seems to be spreading. :P Things are too rushed these days and quality suffers.
    Chregu, sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-29-2014 12:14 PM
    Geez, you kicked that 8X to the dub really fast. Sorry to see your options are limited.
    It's not about the 8X, it's about me missing my shiny new device...

I've got the smart cover! It actually replaces the original backplate with a slightly more rugged one and of course the attached screen cover. I think it's really cool so far. And it looks good too.
    07-29-2014 12:23 PM
    so new phones are coming......yay .... I hope they are 82X successors :D
    07-29-2014 12:28 PM
    well im here working on a Samsung tab 3 and I have to say....... I hate touchwize even more >.> and how laggy it is....... yup android+ touchwize has to be the worse combo ever
    MSFTisMIA and S Vaibhav like this.
    07-29-2014 12:34 PM
    anyways its a Tuesday afternoon and its not that bad today of a day outside
    07-29-2014 12:36 PM
    The Quick Circle is awesome!

You can look at notifications and upcoming events, access the camera, use the LED as a flashlight, access the call history and control Spotify (!!!) from the closed cover, while it just looks awesome. I love this.
    N_LaRUE, sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-29-2014 12:46 PM

I think Tesla is. Tech journalist are missing a bit of common sense; http://www.phonearena.com/news/Micro...s-week_id58740

So they are saying the Pureview model is 720 successor, what is than Supermen, since is positioned under Tesla ? Tesla is probably 830 and superman 730. Now we just need 1030 ;).

Anyway, if 820 comes with Snapdragon 400 I'm out, won't buy a phone with weak chipset.
    07-29-2014 12:48 PM
    I guess some people get excited over these intermediate phones... Hopefully this year ends the crazy numbering system...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-29-2014 12:50 PM
    I think Tesla is. Tech journalist are missing a bit of common sense; http://www.phonearena.com/news/Micro...s-week_id58740

So they are saying the Pureview model is 720 successor, what is than Supermen, since is positioned under Tesla ? Tesla is probably 830 and superman 730. Now we just need 1030 ;).

Anyway, if 820 comes with Snapdragon 400 I'm out, won't buy a phone with weak chipset.
    I wonder if they'll bring out a successor to the 1020. Do they really need to? I guess it's easy enough to do with the same tech but different phone internals. Then again I have no idea how popular the 1020 has been. We have no statistics.
    07-29-2014 12:53 PM
    I think Tesla is. Tech journalist are missing a bit of common sense; Microsoft's Lumia Superman and Lumia Tesla were showcased by Stephen Elop this week

remember that speed isn't everything....for all we know they could of revampted the SD400 to be better than the pervious SD400
    07-29-2014 12:53 PM
    I guess some people get excited over these intermediate phones... Hopefully this year ends the crazy numbering system...
    ya and im one of them :D... I hope tmobile picks one up because I really want some LTE and maybe some 700 LTE ^.^ ohhhhhhh that would be awesome !!
    07-29-2014 12:54 PM
    The LG G3's backup logo looks ugly. I'm making a backup, then I'll hardreset my phone, then I'll restore it, and hope the issue is gone.

It probably won't be, but who knows?
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-29-2014 01:14 PM

The CGI still looks like from a computer game. Just look at this coach scene... it's terrible. I liked the first Hobbit movie, I really disliked the second one, but it doesn't seem to get better judged by this trailer.
    07-29-2014 01:19 PM
    Sahib, I just got an update for the navigation app and the maps both on my iPad. I feel well supported by them so far.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-29-2014 01:27 PM
    Sahib, I just got an update for the navigation app and the maps both on my iPad. I feel well supported by them so far.
    on the same day ? .....that's legit :D
    Chregu likes this.
    07-29-2014 01:31 PM
145,166 ... 31323133313431353136 ...