The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    The question is :
    Should I stay(on WP) or shoud I go ? :D :P

Depends...
    08-13-2014 09:02 AM
    Well that all puts a damper on things. :/

My nephew and his wife from Australia are coming in October. They're in their mid 20s and can't seem to realise that planning a trip in the EU is a good idea if you want to save money rather than winging it. :P They finally decided to come direct to the UK after getting flights to Turkey. We'll show them around a bit and they can head off on their own too. Then we'll go to France for a week or something then they'll head off on their own again. They're here for some time. Wish I could get that much time off in one shot. :P My company only allows 2 weeks at a time unless there's a good reason. :/
    Family coming to visit is not a compelling enough reason?
    08-13-2014 09:04 AM
    Family coming to visit is not a compelling enough reason?
    Well no. LOL!

I don't have two weeks left of vacation left anyway. :P They're young and probably don't want to hang out with the oldies anyway. :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-13-2014 09:12 AM
    5s camera is not that bad but I am sure the 920 has spoiled you.
    I wouldn't say the L920 has spoiled me. I just believe that cameras can get a lot better than they currently are. I don't need a 41MP camera like the 1020. If I had a choice I'd take one with optical zoom though (don't mention that horrible Samsung thing). I just want half decent MP and good optics and software. That's not asking too much is it? I'm surprised the Canon hasn't got into the mobile market yet...
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 08-13-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    08-13-2014 09:14 AM
    Well nothing is really out that I want at this stage. So I wait.
    Good move. Of all that I'm seeing so far, the 930 for my needs is the best of the bunch. I've got mixed feelings a out that.

Nokia better not relase that 830 with 8GB internal storage or else I'll actually encourage trolling. Again, I don't get the reason why they're doing what they're doing...and i don't have to. Besides, I think that anything from the 1520 on as far as this cycle goes will get decent support

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    08-13-2014 09:17 AM
    The Nexus devices are usually significantly cheaper than the other flagships. I'll just wait and see what happens. I just want a half decent camera to go with the phone. I can wait for the right one. I'm no hurry. :)

Only since Nexus 4 ( or first Nexus 7) ;)
    Before Nexuses' carried flagship price tag.
    But I'm not in a hurry either so I can wait, maybe even until MS releases Threshold update.
    08-13-2014 09:17 AM
    I think there might be two models, one priced Hugh and one low. Might not be a bad idea to give OPO a try.

A bit late, I already gave the invite away :).
    Last edited by Sport Driver; 08-13-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    08-13-2014 09:20 AM
    I wouldn't say the L920 has spoiled me. I just believe that cameras can bet a lot better than they currently are. I don't need a 41MP camera like the 1020. If I had a choice I'd take one with optical zoom though (don't mention that horrible Samsung thing). I just want half decent MP and good optics and software. That's not asking too much is it? I'm surprised the Canon hasn't got into the mobile market yet...
    Agreed. That's why MSFT looks to milk the current 20MP Pureview for this go around. I think this camera is enough for me at this point.

08-13-2014 09:20 AM
    Just reading the comments on the Samsung Galaxy iPhone, I mean Samsung Galaxy Alpha are hilarious.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-13-2014 09:28 AM
    Just reading the comments on the Samsung Galaxy iPhone, I mean Samsung Galaxy Alpha are hilarious.

If you can't beat them, join them:-) They were accused plenty by Apple of being copycats so now they are being serious about it in a facetious way.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-13-2014 09:31 AM
    If you can't beat them, join them:-) They were accused plenty by Apple of being copycats so now they are being serious about it in a facetious way.
    What's bad are the mindless consumers who go along with this and make such copycat moves OK by buying with their wallets. I see so many Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2 and Note 3 daily.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-13-2014 09:39 AM
    What's bad are the mindless consumers who go along with this and make such copycat moves OK by buying with their wallets. I see so many Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2 and Note 3 daily.

The question is how do you get to know the model :p for me all of them are same! :p
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-13-2014 10:07 AM
    The question is how do you get to know the model :p for me all of them are same! :p
    It's easy. You go based on what combination of needs you have and by how the device feels in hand. I'm not a fan of TouchWhiz, even though in like their hardware. Their plastics never bothered me.

Personally, I like the look of the Alpha, but wouldn't own one. I have other choices that fit me better, especially from Sony.

hope4wp likes this.
    08-13-2014 10:14 AM
    Are they coming out with a Z Ultra 2?
    08-13-2014 10:27 AM
    What are the Phablets that is coming out this year(Q3 and Q4) that worth buying? Regardless of the OS?
    08-13-2014 10:30 AM
    What are the Phablets that is coming out this year(Q3 and Q4) that worth buying? Regardless of the OS?
    If a phablet is your preference there are a few out already. As for future no idea. Couple of runours of the Note 4 is all I know of.
    08-13-2014 10:33 AM
    From what I recall I think the answer is no.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-13-2014 10:33 AM
    Lumia 1530.
    08-13-2014 10:34 AM
    Nope.

08-13-2014 10:36 AM
    Lumia 1530.
    You got a link to go with that information? I've seen nothing indicating a 1530 coming out this year.

Also the 1520 was a phablet only in size and not functions.
    08-13-2014 10:38 AM
    Note 4; if there is a successor to the 1520 (which I do t see the need for because the OS hasn't ciaght up to the current t hardware of offer anything that optimizes it for large phones); HTC One Max...that G3 with a stylus, etc...we won't know until the hardware is launched.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-13-2014 10:39 AM
    I see that the US carriers are going to make a mess of WP again for everyone. How nice. Aside from the carriers being a pain it's crap like that which reduces WP in the eyes of buyers. Carrier specific phones are such a crap move.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    08-13-2014 10:45 AM
    I've said for months that the single reason why the Note series sells is that Samsung has matched hardware with function. Even if you don't like the skin, there is balance with the form and the function. S pen does have apps that use it. The split screen actually is useful. The good camera works for scanning, shooting video, etc.

No one has matched form with function yet in the phablet range outside of Smasung. My Z Ultra can use a pen or pencil for not taking, but outside of that, there is nothing the optimizes the screen from a software perspective. Nokia didn't do that either for the 1520, most likely because the OS hasn't allowed it yet. Not sure of the need for a successor when there isn't much to succeed.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-13-2014 10:48 AM
    I've said for months that the single reason why the Note series sells is that Samsung has matched hardware with function. Even if you don't like the skin, there is balance with the form and the function. S pen does have apps that use it. The split screen actually is useful. The good camera works for scanning, shooting video, etc.

No one has matched form with function yet in the phablet range outside of Smasung. My Z Ultra can use a pen or pencil for not taking, but outside of that, there is nothing the optimizes the screen from a software perspective. Nokia didn't do that either for the 1520, most likely because the OS hasn't allowed it yet. Not sure of the need for a successor when there isn't much to succeed.

Making a 1530 is pointless until they release threshold. That would be the true phablet system for them. They say it's coming in spring. I wonder how true that is...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-13-2014 10:52 AM
    I see that the US carriers are going to make a mess of WP again for everyone. How nice. Aside from the carriers being a pain it's crap like that which reduces WP in the eyes of buyers. Carrier specific phones are such a crap move.
    The problem has been that the big two - AT&T and Verizon - can go to an OEM and get a good enough deal because their cash can cover even flops. HTC and Verizon have been tight for years, so it is no surprise that the W8 lands there first. I find it interesting that within the last year VZW has gotten 3 exclusives - Lumia Icon, Ativ SE and W8, to AT&T's 2: Lumia 1020 and 1520.

08-13-2014 10:53 AM
142,848 ... 32303231323232333234 ...