• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
    When is that? I'm going on September 1 st.
    next Monday. to be honest im felling nervous again not sure why but that nervousness is coming back.
    08-20-2014 12:47 AM
    next Monday. to be honest im felling nervous again not sure why but that nervousness is coming back.
    I'm not very happy either but that's how life works v
    08-20-2014 12:50 AM
    :P lol that's just a bad night. sleep is not your friend anymore
    In the last two days I've had the equivalent of 8 hours of sleep or less. I know there are people out the who get less sleep all the time, like Donald Trump. I'm beginning to understand him more now. At this little sleep I'm beginning to hallucinate as well... :P
    08-20-2014 12:51 AM
    I'm not very happy either but that's how life works v
    well at least we will be busy :P so it not as bad
    08-20-2014 01:01 AM
    In the last two days I've had the equivalent of 8 hours of sleep or less. I know there are people out the who get less sleep all the time, like Donald Trump. I'm beginning to understand him more now. At this little sleep I'm beginning to hallucinate as well... :P
    as long as you don't start hallucinating 10% market share for windows phone then you are fine :P
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-20-2014 01:02 AM
    well at least we will be busy :P so it not as bad

I'm not really happy because the stress grades bring :(.
    08-20-2014 01:04 AM
    bah its just stress...... it wont last forever. lol don't stress over stress :P
    08-20-2014 01:09 AM
    well im off to sleep ... good night and good morning
    08-20-2014 01:09 AM
    as long as you don't start hallucinating 10% market share for windows phone then you are fine :P
    If that ever happens....
    08-20-2014 01:37 AM
    Biggest issue regarding school. It's no longer about learning.

I could write a book about the subject.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    08-20-2014 01:38 AM
    Biggest issue regarding school. It's no longer about learning.

I could write a book about the subject.

True but if there weren't grades we would have problems with motivation. Probably.

So HTC One M8 for WindowsPhone ( good that's stupid name) will be also available for at&t. So even we in Europe might see it :)
    08-20-2014 01:42 AM
    True but if there weren't grades we would have problems with motivation. Probably.

So HTC One M8 for WindowsPhone ( good that's stupid name) will be also available for at&t. So even we in Europe might see it :)
    We'll see it in the EU once no one cares about it . :P

My issue with the school system is more than to do with grades. The whole thing is systematically wrong. I don't have an issue with grades in general and I'm dead set against the 'fluffy' schooling that has come out. There are better ways of doing things, problem is, the government wants KPIs (key performance indicators) so they can tout how good their schooling is. It's rubbish and all schooling has become is the same thing that having a big house or fancy car is about. 'My kid goes to such and such'.... Such tosh.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 08-20-2014 at 02:28 AM.
    08-20-2014 02:07 AM
    It's kind of the same here but more than than government the problem here are schools itself, where everyone boasts about achievements and some school after considered more up clad than others.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    08-20-2014 02:19 AM
    It's kind of the same here but more than than government the problem here are schools itself, where everyone boasts about achievements and some school after considered more up clad than others.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    In Australia and here in the UK it's all about sending your child to a 'good' school to ensure their future. There were people in Australia putting themselves into debt just to send their kids to a private school. That's when you know there's a problem.
    08-20-2014 02:38 AM
    In Australia and here in the UK it's all about sending your child to a 'good' school to ensure their future. There were people in Australia putting themselves into debt just to send their kids to a private school. That's when you know there's a problem.

Yeah, almost all schools here are state(government) schools and private schools are rarity. Probably because our communistic history. Price schools are now also in development here and by the time I will have children things could be similar here too.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-20-2014 02:43 AM
    Just to change subject for a moment.

The L920 update was for Vodaphone. O2 has had their updates out for some time. The country variant is still under testing however. I'm not entirely sure why that is. If anything it should have been the first one updated. So that's disappointing. What's the point of buying unlocked if you're left waiting for an update?

Mine will probably show up sometime in September/October unless there's some push to get them out by the end of this month. Who knows?
    08-20-2014 02:56 AM
    Yeah, almost all schools here are state(government) schools and private schools are rarity. Probably because our communistic history. Price schools are now also in development here and by the time I will have children things could be similar here too.
    In Finland, one of the top rated school systems in the world, has such a different way of doing things. Their schooling is free and it's free up to Phd level. So you find a lot of people with Masters in Finland.
    08-20-2014 02:57 AM
    In Finland, one of the top rated school systems in the world, has such a different way of doing things. Their schooling is free and it's free up to Phd level. So you find a lot of people with Masters in Finland.

Schools are free here too. Up to university(including it). Sure you have to buy/borrow books and that on your own but we don't generally have tuition. There could be tuition for university of your grades aren't good enough that they would accept you in the first place.
    08-20-2014 03:05 AM
    Am I wrong, or does 'public school' mean a school that requires payment of tuition in the UK? I was told that 'public schools' are not free schools paid for by the government. I was told that 'public schools' in the UK are what we call 'private schools' in the US.
    08-20-2014 03:25 AM
    Am I wrong, or does 'public school' mean a school that requires payment of tuition in the UK? I was told that 'public schools' are not free schools paid for by the government. I was told that 'public schools' in the UK are what we call 'private schools' in the US.
    There school system here is a bit of a mess if you want to know the truth. The terminology used makes it even more confusing. - https://www.gov.uk/types-of-school/faith-schools

Generally they use the therm 'state schools' but private is the term used for paid schools.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-20-2014 04:21 AM
    There school system here is a bit of a mess if you want to know the truth. The terminology used makes it even more confusing. - https://www.gov.uk/types-of-school/faith-schools

Generally they use the therm 'state schools' but private is the term used for paid schools.
    Is this Wikipedia article outdated? Public school (United Kingdom) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    08-20-2014 04:28 AM
    The m8 for Windows has nearly double the battery life of its Android counterpart. M8 Windows usage time -21 hours. M8 Android-12 hours. Nearly 75% more battery life, on the same hardware.
    08-20-2014 04:40 AM
    The m8 for Windows has nearly double the battery life of its Android counterpart. M8 Windows usage time -21 hours. M8 Android-12 hours. Nearly 75% more battery life, on the same hardware.

Ummm, no it doesn't ?
    M8 Andro : Talk Time 20h, standby time 496h
    M8 WP : Talk time: 22h , standby time 528h
    source: HTC site

Sure it's better but not by much.
    08-20-2014 05:16 AM
    My guess would be yes? I don't have kids in school so I'm a bit out of touch with the whole thing. As you can see by the link I sent it's a government website that denotes the different types of schools.

I think that's an old fashioned terminology but probably still in use in some places.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-20-2014 05:16 AM
    Ummm, no it doesn't ?
    M8 Andro : Talk Time 20h, standby time 496h
    M8 WP : Talk time: 22h , standby time 528h
    source: HTC site

Sure it's better but not by much.
    You'll have to forgive him, anything to put down another OS. He's full on MS fan.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    08-20-2014 05:28 AM
143,557 ... 32733274327532763277 ...