Tbh, I'm not that into watches, at all. If I liked them though, my favorite would have to be the Moto 360.

I'm distracted enough, why do I need more? And my phone does everything the watch does, except monitoring my heartbeat constantly...
    I'm into watches, but of a different sort.

18-size-illinois-browns-dial.jpg

I collect antique Railroad Standard pocket watches. Railroad chronometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-18-2014 02:04 AM
    I'm into watches, but of a different sort.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18 size Illinois--Brown's dial.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	573.4 KB 
ID:	81331

I collect antique Railroad Standard pocket watches. Railroad chronometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice! :D
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2014 02:05 AM
    Now I'm curious what the ol sahib treatment is... :P

The last part sounds more like the sahib I'd expect, minus the buying rounds. :P
    having people eat tri-tip :3 !
    I would ..... maybe :P ill buy myself root beer or else ill be to tipsy to escape from all the rounds I bought :P
    09-18-2014 02:07 AM
    anyways time to take off.. good night and good morning
    09-18-2014 02:09 AM
    Nice! :D
    Thanks!

Here's what's in my pocket now.

wp_20140918_02_12_39_pro.jpg
    N_LaRUE, sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-18-2014 02:21 AM
    I like all things related to railroads/trains.

My ringtone is a Southern Pacific 6-chime steam whistle grade crossing signal.

I also have the Train Simulator 2014 game on Steam.
    09-18-2014 02:31 AM
    I like all things related to railroads/trains.

My ringtone is a Southern Pacific 6-chime steam whistle grade crossing signal.

I also have the Train Simulator 2014 game on Steam.
    When you make your way over to the EU you should look into this - Bradshaw's Guide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a show here on BBC (I think) of a guy who's an ex-politician running around using both the guides. It's rather interesting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2014 03:04 AM
    When you make your way over to the EU you should look into this - Bradshaw's Guide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a show here on BBC (I think) of a guy who's an ex-politician running around using both the guides. It's rather interesting.
    I'd love to check out this locomotive.
    09-18-2014 03:08 AM
    I'd love to check out this locomotive.
    There's all these too - Day trips and tours by train in the UK, Europe and Worldwide

Occasionally we have them at our trains station but they only run for a very short period of time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2014 03:11 AM
    Beside antique pocket watches, I also like fountain pens. I collect antique/vintage/modern fountain pens. My favourite modern pen is a replica of an antique: the Conklin Mark Twain Crescent. It is a replica of the pen Mark Twain used, with the same filling mechanism.

conklin-mark-twain-crescent.jpg
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-18-2014 03:12 AM
    Beside antique pocket watches, I also like fountain pens. I collect antique/vintage/modern fountain pens. My favourite modern pen is a replica of an antique: the Conklin Mark Twain Crescent. It is a replica of the pen Mark Twain used, with the same filling mechanism.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Conklin Mark Twain Crescent.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	81343
    If there's one thing I've yet to get around to doing is reading anything by Mark Twain. I should really do that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2014 03:19 AM
    09-18-2014 03:20 AM
    I think the reason I became interested in railroads and pocket watches is because of the local connection. Webb C Ball was the first Chief Time Inspector for the railroads, and his jewelry store was located in Cleveland, Ohio. Webb C. Ball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have an Elgin-Ball watch model 333, ca 1903. It is the oldest pocket watch I own, and it still keeps accurate time.
    elgin-ball-1-.jpg

elgin-ball-dial.jpg
    Muessig and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-18-2014 03:23 AM
    If there's one thing I've yet to get around to doing is reading anything by Mark Twain. I should really do that.
    Mark Twain was required reading in my high school English classes. I enjoyed his books.
    09-18-2014 03:25 AM
    Mark Twain was required reading in my high school English classes. I enjoyed his books.
    I wish it was required reading for me, I much prefer the idea of reading Mr. Clemens than J.D. Salenger. :/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2014 03:32 AM
    I wish it was required reading for me, I much prefer the idea of reading Mr. Clemens than J.D. Salenger. :/
    Salinger was required reading for me also.
    09-18-2014 03:36 AM
    09-18-2014 03:36 AM
    Salinger was required reading for me also.
    I still hate that book... :P
    09-18-2014 03:37 AM
    09-18-2014 03:39 AM
    I still hate that book... :P
    Me too. However, I was forced to read Tess of the d'Urervilles by Thomas Hardy. That was the worst required reading I ever endured.
    09-18-2014 03:43 AM
    Me too. However, I was forced to read Tess of the d'Urervilles by Thomas Hardy. That was the worst required reading I ever endured.
    Don't know that one, I think I know the name of the author though.

Another book I had read and we got to watch the movie was this one - Ordinary People - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It wasn't that bad.
    09-18-2014 03:48 AM
    09-18-2014 03:54 AM
    That was never required reading, and I did not read the book. The movie was not bad, though.

I later took a British literature course in university. I actually liked: Dickens, Orwell and Joyce.

I also liked Hemingway and Steinbeck, whom I read in my high school English class.
    09-18-2014 03:58 AM
    That was never required reading, and I did not read the book. The movie was not bad, though.

I later took a British literature course in university. I actually liked: Dickens, Orwell and Joyce.

I also liked Hemingway and Steinbeck, whom I read in my high school English class.
    I just tried reading 1984 by Orwell. It's not an easy book. I read quite a bit of it but I sort of lost interest. I should try to pick it up again. I haven't read any of the others but know of them. I should really start reading more again. I used to read quite a bit but it was mostly science fiction and fantasy. Escapism in other words.

Most books I read these days are non-fiction.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2014 04:02 AM
    09-18-2014 04:19 AM
145,721 ... 33843385338633873388 ...