I just tried reading 1984 by Orwell. It's not an easy book. I read quite a bit of it but I sort of lost interest. I should try to pick it up again. I haven't read any of the others but know of them. I should really start reading more again. I used to read quite a bit but it was mostly science fiction and fantasy. Escapism in other words.

Most books I read these days are non-fiction.
    1984 was one of my favourite books of all time.

I did read the Lord of the Rings trilogy for fun. I enjoyed it.
    DoctorSaline likes this.
    09-18-2014 03:20 AM
    1984 was one of my favourite books of all time.
    It's a very eerie book.

I did read the Lord of the Rings trilogy for fun. I enjoyed it.
    I have to admit to not being a big fan of Tolkien. I did read all the books. I struggled with Lord of the Rings.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2014 03:30 AM
    It's a very eerie book.

I have to admit to not being a big fan of Tolkien. I did read all the books. I struggled with Lord of the Rings.
    I borrowed the Lord of the Rings books from a cousin who is a few years older than me. She loved the books and recommended them to me.
    09-18-2014 03:41 AM
    I borrowed the Lord of the Rings books from a cousin who is a few years older than me. She loved the books and recommended them to me.
    Ah.

From a fantasy point of view I've read several genres within it. My first book I ever read outside of school was Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings. I then went on to read pretty much all the books by Eddings.

I've read some comedy and some dark fantasy (similar to Game of Thorns).

Along with that I read some Stephen King and other bits here and there of SciFi.
    Laura Knotek and DoctorSaline like this.
    09-18-2014 04:01 AM
    Loved Lord Of the Rings. My new fantasy favorite is A Song Of Ice And Fire(aka Game of thrones) these days. Between LOTR and ASoIAF, there was Harry Potter.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2014 04:02 AM
    Ah.

From a fantasy point of view I've read several genres within it. My first book I ever read outside of school was Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings. I then went on to read pretty much all the books by Eddings.

I've read some comedy and some dark fantasy (similar to Game of Thorns).

Along with that I read some Stephen King and other bits here and there of SciFi.

Stephen King is my all-time favourite author.
    DoctorSaline likes this.
    09-18-2014 04:04 AM
    Loved Lord Of the Rings. My new fantasy favorite is A Song Of Ice And Fire(aka Game of thrones) these days. Between LOTR and ASoIAF, there was Harry Potter.

I saw the Harry Potter movies but never read the books. I probably would've read them had they been written in the early 80s, when I was a young teenager.
    N_LaRUE and DoctorSaline like this.
    09-18-2014 04:06 AM
    I saw the Harry Potter movies but never read the books. I probably would've read them had they been written in the early 80s, when I was a young teenager.
    I didn't see all the movies but it's debatable if I would have read the books. Maybe if I was into reading at an earlier enough age, maybe. I didn't really get into it until my mid teens.
    09-18-2014 04:15 AM
    Haven't read any of the Game of Thrones books or seen the show. Not entirely sure I'm interested.
    DoctorSaline likes this.
    09-18-2014 04:16 AM
    You may have heard it before, but Harry Potter films didn't do any justice to the books. And, they were good enough for adults as well. Not at all like the YA of today. But then again, it is subjective.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2014 04:29 AM
    Haven't read any of the Game of Thrones books or seen the show. Not entirely sure I'm interested.
    It's alright. Too much hype makes it over rated for people.
    09-18-2014 04:31 AM
    I've read the adventures of huck Finn in high school . I liked reading it http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9oAlBAfS4S...book+cover.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sahib lopez; 09-18-2014 at 07:45 AM.
    09-18-2014 07:34 AM
    Morning folks.

Looks like it would be the SW3 for me. While I'm not all that thrilled about the watchbands (they should offer a metal one to give it a really classy look) this Android Wear offers closest to what I want at this point. The microUSB port is the 2nd best solution on the market for this type of device (wireless charging is the best, IMO), which will allow me to use my portable battery pack to charge it. Love the built in GPS feature the most.

So I'll wait a few months for the price to come down to get one. This is the first time I've ever gotten so branded using stuff from one OEM. Guess I'm getting older and want more synergy between devices. For me, a smart watch is more of a compliment to a larger sized device like the Z Ultra.

If someone comes up with a good one that officially supports WP and Android, I'll get that instead. However, we are talking about MSFT so I'm not holding out hope there.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    N_LaRUE and Sport Driver like this.
    09-18-2014 08:07 AM
    Untill there is a smartwatch that works on all 3 platforms I'm not interested in the while smart watch idea. One day that'll happen 😃
    sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810
    09-18-2014 08:36 AM
    I'm home and generally it was just another day at school, apart from one thing.
    In the morning while I was driving to school cops pulled me over. He wanted drives license. Than he asked if scooter is tuned and I was like; nooo. Than he asked again if I'm sure and I said yes. And all her said after examining my scooter if it's ruined and not finding anything he said : Have a good day 😊
    This was my first time I was pulled over so I felt a bit odd, I want afraid though since I didn't do anything wrong but still.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    sahib lopez likes this.
    09-18-2014 09:05 AM
    I'm home and generally it was just another day at school, apart from one thing.

In the morning while I was driving to school cops pulled me over. He wanted drives license. Than he asked if scooter is tuned and I was like; nooo. Than he asked again if I'm sure and I said yes. And all her said after examining my scooter if it's ruined and not finding anything he said : Have a good day 😊

This was my first time I was pulled over so I felt a bit odd, I want afraid though since I didn't do anything wrong but still.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

:p you got off easy. I remember my first cop encounter at age 18. I was only going 10mph over the speed limit ( 55 on highways so I was going 65) anyways I had to pay off a 200$ ticket >.> . I was scared that my parents were going to kill me 😂 but they didn't they just made fun of me :p. I haven't gotten on after that then again its been 2years ago
    09-18-2014 09:44 AM
    Untill there is a smartwatch that works on all 3 platforms I'm not interested in the while smart watch idea. One day that'll happen 😃
    Talk to MSFT about that.

09-18-2014 09:54 AM
    Talk to MSFT about that.

WP is wearable challenged... :P

MS needs to sort that out. Thankfully the market is still minute enough to get in early but they phone is lacking apps for the existing wearables. That needs to be fixed.

Of course some will never be compatible simply because they're tied to Apple.
    09-18-2014 09:59 AM
    I hope the next revision to whatever MS plans to call their smartphone range is better than the current one. This was truly a bad year for WP. Only one real flagship (HTC) and even that was 'older' tech. :P

I see HTC managed to make a half decent panorama app at least.
    09-18-2014 10:02 AM
    I hope the next revision to whatever MS plans to call their smartphone range is better than the current one. This was truly a bad year for WP. Only one real flagship (HTC) and even that was 'older' tech. :P

I see HTC managed to make a half decent panorama app at least.
    Nah, people are really happy with 730/830. They are eagerly waiting for them. According to me these are some good mid & higher mid ranged phones. Next year would be even better
    09-18-2014 10:07 AM
    Nah, people are really happy with 730/830. They are eagerly waiting for them. According to me these are some good mid & higher mid ranged phones. Next year would be even better
    For me, a person who wants a good flagship, what's out is simply meh.

I don't really care what other people want. I want a decent flagship smartphone, there is none. That goes for Android as well and I'm not interested in iPhone.

So it's been a crap year as far as I'm concerned, so far. At least Android has some possible flagships before the holidays. There doesn't seem to be anything for WP except more low end and mid range phones. How exciting...
    09-18-2014 10:22 AM

I don't really care what other people want. I want a decent flagship smartphone, there is none. That goes for Android as well and I'm not interested in iPhone.

So it's been a crap year as far as I'm concerned, so far. At least Android has some possible flagships before the holidays. There doesn't seem to be anything for WP except more low end and mid range phones. How exciting...
    Yes, an OS is only successful if it has low end & mid range phones, so MS is definitely focusing on such phones. Its good for me, at the same time there are also some high end phones. In my country many people are turning to WP from Android & are quite satisfied with it.

& which type of phone you want? Any specs you are expecting from a phone?
    09-18-2014 10:41 AM
    Untill there is a smartwatch that works on all 3 platforms I'm not interested in the while smart watch idea. One day that'll happen
    That's what he/she said....and as MIA said.....
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    09-18-2014 10:46 AM
    Yes, an OS is only successful if it has low end & mid range phones, so MS is definitely focusing on such phones. Its good for me, at the same time there are also some high end phones. In my country many people are turning to WP from Android & are quite satisfied with it.

& which type of phone you want? Any specs you are expecting from a phone?
    They have no high end phones currently and only one good design from HTC. I'll know when I see the phone that I want it. At this stage the HTC was the closest but I can't get it so by the time it's released here in the UK it be too old for me to be interested.

I just don't want another experience as I've had with the L920. I'm seriously thinking I don't a Lumia because it's been disappointing. But I have no idea what to get. I am seriously considering Android but there's nothing from there that I want either. So I wait. I won't buy right away. I'll give it two to three months regardless what phone I get so they can iron out the bugs.

That's where I am currently. Spec wise my main thing is battery then camera. Size I would like to stick to similar size as the L920 but I may consider larger. It all depends.
    09-18-2014 10:46 AM

It would be awesome if Sammy were to save the day by say
    1. Taking the Galaxy Alpa
    2. Updating the camera
    3. Definitely a bigger battery
    4. Waterproofing would be nice and an SD card would be great
    5. Slapping WP8.1.1 on it
    09-18-2014 10:51 AM
144,441 ... 33853386338733883389 ...