The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Haven't been to a bbq yet this year. :( I'll probably be at one while on vacation though! :)
    It's rainy in London, huh? ;-)

Man, someday I have to visit this city for a week or so, I've been there multiple times, but only for small periods of time. That way you don't get anything to see, except of incredibly expensive Hot Dogs that taste disgustingly.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-29-2013 11:32 AM
    BBQ on coal taste the best. Gas doesn't give that yummy touch. Maybe firewood could beat it, but that have to depend on what you barbecue. Tomato on a coal grill that's been really used for a while, tastes wonderful together with some meat served with garlic butter AND creme fresh in a split open baked potatoes with ... ouch, im hungry now. Oh, I would like to BBQ my Nokia phones also because there been such a hassle. Probably wouldn't eat them though:-D
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-29-2013 11:44 AM
    You can use wood chips with a gas grill to get more flavor
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-29-2013 11:47 AM
    Whoever created the idea of 'the meeting' should be shot. OK maybe that's a bit harsh, how about a stern talking to?
    Progress meetings are the worst - you sit in a room with people higher up the food chain than you explaining that you are late because people keep issuing changes, taking a kicking for missing programme dates because of the changes then agreeing new issue dates only for them to issue you with further changes an hour after you've had the progress meeting.

One of the biggest problems of the building industry has been the computer age. Changes were never as frequent and information provided to you was always correct first time when everything was hand drawn.
    BIGPADDY and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-29-2013 11:51 AM
    Also while were on meetings - theres always one person that's intent on derailing whats on the agenda to bring up something that's completely irrelevant and nothing to do with what you are doing purely for the reason that they like the sound of their own voice.

And while we are on BBQ's have loved the last month in London been having BBQ's every weekend and at least once a week in the evening. Got another planned for this weekend too. Got myself a nice slab of beef brisket reserved at the butchers that's begging to be smoked for 6 hours
    07-29-2013 11:56 AM
    The worst meeting person is the one who has to keep asking questions to look good when the meeting should be over and everyone's ready to head out the door. Go to his office and suck up on your time, not everyone elses.
    N_LaRUE, BIGPADDY and Chregu like this.
    07-29-2013 12:02 PM
    The worst meeting person is the one who has to keep asking questions to look good when the meeting should be over and everyone's ready to head out the door. Go to his office and suck up on your time, not everyone elses.
    I can remember playing buzzword bingo in a meeting with a colleague years ago - the meeting was so insanely boring that he actually yelled "bingo" when he had filled up his card. - Guy chairing the meeting was so in love with his own voice that he thought my colleague was just agreeing with his proposal.
    BIGPADDY and stmav like this.
    07-29-2013 12:08 PM
    Duck Dynasty #whattheduck
    sinime likes this.
    07-29-2013 01:14 PM
    I may not use any of this stuff but hey look, I can sell it on Gregs List
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-29-2013 01:35 PM
    I may not use any of this stuff but hey look, I can sell it on Gregs List
    #whattheduck
    07-29-2013 01:36 PM
    Too many things in this thread I have to google... but at least I know Honey Boo Boo ;-)
    07-29-2013 01:38 PM
    Too many things in this thread I have to google... but at least I know Honey Boo Boo ;-)
    Don't bring that in to this thread!
    07-29-2013 01:48 PM
    frabz-separated-birth-honey-boo-boos-mom-jabba-hutt-4296fb.jpg

Don't bring that in to this thread!
    Too late, it's already been brought.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-29-2013 01:50 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frabz-Separated-At-Birth-Honey-Boo-Boos-Mom-Jabba-The-Hutt-4296fb.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	38587
    Scary... I think that's the reason why I don't watch horror movies anymore, real life is much more disturbing.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-29-2013 02:05 PM
    thca52csk7.jpg
    honey-boo-boos-mom-looks-like-jaba-hut.jpg
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-29-2013 02:13 PM
    If anyone here likes the Mass Effect series I found this: Mass Effect 1 New Texture Updates/Improvements Mod - Mod DB - an awesome high res texture mod for the first game to bring it up to the levels of the rest of the series when modded. This thing makes the game look incredible. It's well worth installing and it doesn't slow down the game because you're modding the game files, not sideloading the new textures when you load in.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-29-2013 02:18 PM
    ...just remember the mountains, peaceful, majestic mountains, wild and breathtaking nature, this will help, this will help... why did I start with Honey Boo Boo?! ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails dscn3050.jpg  
    07-29-2013 02:19 PM
    ...just remember the mountains, peaceful, majestic mountains, wild and breathtaking nature, this will help, this will help... why did I start with Honey Boo Boo?! ;-)
    Yes why did you? :P
    07-29-2013 02:34 PM
    Yes why did you? :P
    Just wanted to show off my knowledge about American popular culture ;-)
    07-29-2013 02:36 PM
    Just wanted to show off my knowledge about American popular culture ;-)
    American and culture don't mix... :P Sorry bad joke. :P

I know a lot of wonderful cultured and intelligent Americans. I just like to pick on them cause I'm from Canada :P
    07-29-2013 02:50 PM
    American and culture don't mix... :P Sorry bad joke. :P

I know a lot of wonderful cultured and intelligent Americans. I just like to pick on them cause I'm from Canada :P
    And they pick on you because you are incredibly polite except when you play hockey and kill each other!
    07-29-2013 02:52 PM
    It's rainy in London, huh? ;-)

Man, someday I have to visit this city for a week or so, I've been there multiple times, but only for small periods of time. That way you don't get anything to see, except of incredibly expensive Hot Dogs that taste disgustingly.
    You'll have to tell me what area of London you're visiting and why you're buying hot dogs... There's a lot better food around for a good price.

I can't say I'm the most knowledgeable about where all the foodie places are but I have a good handle on a few places. I'm very much in to my food and coffee. :) I still have plenty of places to explore in London.
    07-29-2013 02:52 PM
    And they pick on you because you are incredibly polite except when you play hockey and kill each other!
    They say Canadians are polite but have nothing on the British. They say sorry when you bump into them...
    07-29-2013 02:53 PM
    You'll have to tell me what area of London you're visiting and why you're buying hot dogs... There's a lot better food around for a good price.

I can't say I'm the most knowledgeable about where all the foodie places are but I have a good handle on a few places. I'm very much in to my food and coffee. :) I still have plenty of places to explore in London.
    Yeah, the hot dog was from an area you shouldn't buy a hot dog. Right under the Eye. But I was starving...

I've also had very good food in London. For example I remember last year, when I went there for a concert (from Manchester, not Switzerland) and we had lunch in a very nice little place. Couldn't recall the name though.

They say Canadians are polite but have nothing on the British. They say sorry when you bump into them...
    I came out of a store at the train station recently, and a woman came down the stairs from the side typing on her iPhone and run straight into me. Cursing she let the phone fall and my first response was saying: "Oh, I'm sorry!" (Actually I said: "Oh, das duet mer Leid!", Swiss German ;) )

She just picked it up and run on (still typing), if she had blamed me I would have shed the shock and acted a little less polite though.
    07-29-2013 03:14 PM
    Don't hotdogs in the UK have horse meat in them?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-29-2013 03:30 PM
142,830 ... 3334353637 ...