You are his pet, go talk to the penguin, make him feel better
    Need a different twist on this joke, it is definitely getting old...
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    10-22-2014 08:07 AM
    Oh... *confused*... Ahem... Would you mind explaining a bit about the difference between moderators and ambassadors? I'm confused. :S
    I can't edit/delete threads or issue folks warnings or in extreme cases ban their account. All I do is help answer questions and welcome new members to the forums. That is about it.
    N_LaRUE and Toan Le like this.
    10-22-2014 08:09 AM
    :p yay updates !

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Nothing new.
    You could clearly see how many updates are pending. I have a habit of skipping updates. I only update an app if it has new features
    10-22-2014 08:09 AM
    Need a different twist on this joke, it is definitely getting old...

Old is gold
    10-22-2014 08:10 AM
    I can't edit/delete threads or issue folks warnings or in extreme cases ban their account. All I do is help answer questions and welcome new members to the forums. That is about it.

Ah got it, thanks. I don't know why but I've always thought that "Ambassador" is higher than "Moderator". :p
    10-22-2014 08:11 AM
    *cough* I'm Toan, not Ton *cough* "ton" is a unit of measurement and I'm not that heavy. :p

He has a habit of misunderstanding names of many of them, first me & now you.
    10-22-2014 08:11 AM
    Old is gold
    In a different context, repetition of the same thing becomes rather lame especially name calling so I think it's best to leave it alone.
    10-22-2014 08:12 AM
    It's one of the reasons why people don't have much interest in engineering these days. There's lots of maths behind it but people can't grasp the practical side until they start realising where it comes from. Engineering is simply practical science. Most people don't realise that. The maths are there so you have a foundation for understanding.

If you're not interested in maths intensive subjects then you don't go out of your way to figure out the practical reasons for it.

I work in the electrical industry without math our understanding of what electricity is would go out the window.

Engineers are never good at maths, believe me. :P
    10-22-2014 08:13 AM
    Nothing new.
    You could clearly see how many updates are pending. I have a habit of skipping updates. I only update an app if it has new features

40 updates pending? Well... I always leave them auto-updated, though I know the risk.
    10-22-2014 08:14 AM
    He has a habit of misunderstanding names of many of them, first me & now you.

Maybe... WordFlow? :/
    sahib lopez likes this.
    10-22-2014 08:15 AM
    In a different context, repetition of the same thing becomes rather lame especially name calling so I think it's best to leave it alone.

Left it alone. As you command ambassador. :P
    10-22-2014 08:16 AM
    Maybe... WordFlow? :/

No, especially the ones not present in wordflow. Yours was still a different case
    10-22-2014 08:16 AM
    Um... you're talking to someone with over 20 years in the industry. I have no idea what you're talking about.
    10-22-2014 08:17 AM
    40 updates pending? Well... I always leave them auto-updated, though I know the risk.

What risk?
    10-22-2014 08:17 AM
    What risk?

Like broken updates, ads-adding updates etc...
    10-22-2014 08:18 AM
    Um... you're talking to someone with over 20 years in the industry. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ahh, again I wasn't focusing at you. I'm talking in general, it's the most trending joke nowadays on social networking sites.
    10-22-2014 08:19 AM
    Like broken updates, ads-adding updates etc...

Like I said, I only update apps/games with new features or some zombie apps which I know wouldn't get an update soon
    10-22-2014 08:20 AM
    Says who?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-22-2014 08:20 AM
    Ah got it, thanks. I don't know why but I've always thought that "Ambassador" is higher than "Moderator". :p
    Nope! I'm glad I was able to help answer your query☺
    10-22-2014 08:21 AM
    Nope! I'm glad I was able to help answer your query☺

Looks like I've just helped an ambassador do his work? :p
    10-22-2014 08:23 AM
    Ahh, again I wasn't focusing at you. I'm talking in general, it's the most trending joke nowadays on social networking sites.
    Well, there's generalization and then there's reality. I'm not going to say every engineer I've met has been amazing but I'd say it's a very small percentage that are questionable. As for social media, I wouldn't trust trends on that. Anything to put down people with any intelligence these days.

Being dumb is the new cool. It's been a growing trend since the late 80s. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be slowing down any. Technology should be helping us become better and smarter but all it's doing is making people lazy. With the amount of information at everyone's fingertips I was expecting more from the internet. It would appear that my expectations were exaggerated. :P
    10-22-2014 08:24 AM
    I tend to use more statistics and general math skills in my day to day activities and yes I am an engineer, been one for about 20 years. This does not preclude me from having to open an old text book every now and then for solving a heat transfer or fluid flow problem and solving complex equations. Sometimes thermodynamics and reaction engineering require some specific math application as well.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-22-2014 08:30 AM
    Catch up with folks in a bit, gotta get ready for work.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-22-2014 08:31 AM
    I tend to use more statistics and general math skills in my day to day activities and yes I am an engineer, been one for about 20 years. This does not preclude me from having to open an old text book every now and then for solving a heat transfer or fluid flow problem and solving complex equations. Sometimes thermodynamics and reaction engineering require some specific math application as well.
    There are of course engineering tools that people use on a daily basis to help with things but sometimes going back to the books is the easiest thing to do.

Then there's arguing with people over standards, specifications and sometimes simple schematics. :/
    10-22-2014 08:35 AM
    I'm happy that I met some experienced engineers here. Ahh, I would now be able to solve my doubts
    Sent from whichever device I happen to be using today.
    10-22-2014 08:35 AM
142,818 ... 35963597359835993600 ...