WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So...how does she feel about the new phone? Is she satisfied you've got even more brain power to spare now that you've made the leap? 

At the moment I'm talking mostly about my phone anyway. We are planning on going to the cinema next week and it's an action flick, so I made a comment that this will be a very manly evening, watching an action movie and playing with my new gadget in the break, she then said: "In this case you better go to the cinema with your phone alone."

Yeah, sometimes I'm not a clever man ;-)

(Luckily it's always in good fun!)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The latest one I read looked like the guy drank the whole jug of kool-aid...

Liquid nitrogen is cool. I like it, I just froze some cells in it.

I never got the kool-aid references, I've heard them from time to time. I think you should explain this to me ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Liquid nitrogen is cool. I like it, I just froze some cells in it.

I never got the kool-aid references, I've heard them from time to time. I think you should explain this to me ;-)

Here's Wiki's explanation - "Drinking the Kool-Aid" is a figure of speech commonly used in the United States that refers to a person or group holding an unquestioned belief, argument, or philosophy without critical examination. It could also refer to knowingly going along with a doomed or dangerous idea because of peer pressure. The phrase typically carries a negative connotation when applied to an individual or group.

Also thing to keep in mind is Kool-Aid is the name of a flavour drink in North America. It used to come as a powder which you added water and sugar to. Typically lots of sugar. They ran a bunch of commercials in the 80/90s referring using the tag line Kool-Aid Kids are Cool, if I remember correctly. It gives the impression that to be cool you need to have Kool-Aid which in term references that explanation from Wiki above.

Also here's the 'mascot' from Kool-Aid, he usually smashes through a wall in the commercial as shown.

koolaid.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Haha, 62% In you face :)
Whoops, I had to recharge it today  I will go back to my power outlet :D

This is after the first charge with higher than usual use. I expect it to only get better over the next few days. And even if it doesn't, I think that's good enough for me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is after the first charge with higher than usual use. I expect it to only get better over the next few days. And even if it doesn't, I think that's good enough for me.

I'll just stay out of this discussion altogether...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon