WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Disregarding h-stuff, there's still a lot of content that would make Western audiences uneasy.

For instance, a lot of characters in those fanservice-y situations are in the range of 15-18 years old. Well, they're in senior high school, as far as I know.
(Their bodies say otherwise.)

I've not only seen some of the more racey stuff that most American censors would blow a head gasket over I've got a pretty good understanding of it. I'm not deep into anime but I know the concepts. I've seen a few shows on Japan culture and it's always a bit interesting to say the least.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Many of those things are actually more adult in nature but the people who wanted to make money by mainstreaming it cleaned it up some. People's fashions are interesting. I remember going on a cruise some years ago and a group of four cute Japanese girls were on the ship. We got off on the north coast of Jamaica as the stopover and I remember one of them wearing this short short summer dress that when she walked briskly you could see her white bloomers. I tell you, many a man had their jaws dropped when she walked by; I just laughed and chalked it up to the experience of seeing some of them wear short stuff like that on the regular.

I will admit that seeing pretty women in NYC, especially while having a crummy day, is a great momentary distraction.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Majority of comics and cartoons have an adult side. There are some that are specific to children (which bore adults to no end) but even Disney knows they need to have a broad audience. There's always that borderline.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've not only seen some of the more racey stuff that most American censors would blow a head gasket over I've got a pretty good understanding of it. I'm not deep into anime but I know the concepts. I've seen a few shows on Japan culture and it's always a bit interesting to say the least.

Indeed. I watched some stuff back in the days that would make people's head spin in the west too. The Japanese culture, like many other places, has some interesting layers...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Majority of comics and cartoons have an adult side. There are some that are specific to children (which bore adults to no end) but even Disney knows they need to have a broad audience. There's always that borderline.

Agreed. That's why I used to watch my Anime when I was into that stuff in high school with subtitles, not those atrocious English dubs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. That's why I used to watch my Anime when I was into that stuff in high school with subtitles, not those atrocious English dubs.

Since we're talking about more adult cartoons, have you ever seen the movie Heavy Metal or Rock and Rule? Heavy Metal was a lot more adult but both were adult in nature.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Since we're talking about more adult cartoons, have you ever seen the movie Heavy Metal or Rock and Rule? Heavy Metal was a lot more adult but both were adult in nature.

I don't think I've every seen that one. Must be worth checking out.

I will say I do have 2 CDs chock full with Anime in my house from my high school years. One series that killed me with the adult humor was the Excel Saga and the character Menchi...who was the pet that was the emergency food ration to be eaten in the most dire of straits. You just need to watch it to see how sarcastically wicked the humor is in that series. You know it is something different when they label it as "weird Anime".

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

And we are heading home from sea :).
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20140812_002.jpg
    WP_20140812_002.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think I've every seen that one. Must be worth checking out.

My sentence might be a touch confusing there. There's two movies.

Heavy Metal (1981) - IMDb

Rock & Rule (1983) - IMDb

The second one is more fantasy based and humourous but it's not a kid's movie. It's got a lot of rock songs in it as well by rock stars.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is what I'm jamming to between patients...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yBtAqktZk_A

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

that video sample of the 1520 and video is pretty awesome ...... im pretty sure if its was an iPhone or S device it would of sounded crappy. im glad nokia put stuff that I think are important like the those :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3