Pantless beer?
    05-06-2015 10:28 PM
    Pantless beer?

Nuffin huh?
    05-06-2015 10:29 PM
    Nuffin huh?
    Hey, you're on a roll so why stop you?

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Carjackd, sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-06-2015 10:42 PM

If you insist
    05-07-2015 12:13 AM

Sorry I was tied up postwhoring in the 500k challenge at Cb
    worldspy99 likes this.
    05-07-2015 12:14 AM
    For anyone not from the UK. You might find this interesting. It's mostly accurate. Not all homes have the pull cord. Nor is the toilet and bath separate.

the one that stuck out was the washing machine in the kitchen and the on and off switch for the electricity o.O
    05-07-2015 12:47 AM
    Sorry I was tied up postwhoring in the 500k challenge at Cb
    one day ill get 50k posts like you :P
    05-07-2015 12:49 AM
    The sinks in older houses in the US also have separate hot and cold faucets. By older, that usually means ca 1920s or earlier.

I didn't notice a dishwasher in the kitchen. Are dishwashers common in the UK?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    We have a dishwasher but they are not common. As you saw the kitchens can be rather small.

I'm surprised she didn't mention the sink bucket. That's something that messes with your mind.

The place we lived at up north had no dishwasher. The bathroom was recently updated and still had the two faucets. That's the issue with rented places....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-07-2015 01:06 AM
    the one that stuck out was the washing machine in the kitchen and the on and off switch for the electricity o.O
    The pull switch is not as common as it used to be but it's still around. We had it in our place up north. The regulations on electricity as she mentioned is very strict here. North America is too laid back about electricity IMO.

Our washing machine is in the kitchen. Even newer places still have it that way.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    05-07-2015 01:10 AM
    Just to make things even more interesting the rest of the EU is different.

You find the washing machine in the bathroom. The electrical plugs are different. They have sockets in the bathroom.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    05-07-2015 01:12 AM
    Ops my bad I mean Flower ._.
    I see you still misspelt it.
    05-07-2015 01:14 AM
    We have a dishwasher but they are not common. As you saw the kitchens can be rather small.

I'm surpassed she didn't mention the sink bucket. That's something that messes with your mind.

The place we lived at up north had no dishwasher. The bathroom was recently updated and still had the two faucets. That's the issue with rented places....
    That's interesting, because my parents got a dishwasher in their house in 1975. The house was originally built in 1957. They tore out part of the kitchen cabinets and put the dishwasher in that spot.

It's only apartments that usually don't have dishwashers here.
    05-07-2015 01:15 AM
    The pull switch is not as common as it used to be but it's still around. We had it in our place up north. The regulations on electricity as she mentioned is very strict here. North America is too laid back about electricity IMO.

Our washing machine is in the kitchen. Even newer places still have it that way.
    Is your washing machine also a dryer? That's new to me! I've never seen a single machine that washes and dries clothes here.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-07-2015 01:17 AM
    That's interesting, because my parents got a dishwasher in their house in 1975. The house was originally built in 1957. They tore out part of the kitchen cabinets and put the dishwasher in that spot.

It's only apartments that usually don't have dishwashers here.
    The issue we have here is the rental market. With investors not wanting to spend on their investments things just stay the way they are. They do the bare minimum and sometimes not even that. There are lots of calls for changes to rental laws but so far no government seems to care.

We have whole apartment complexes being built specifically for investors here.

Dishwashers are becoming more common but that's only happening with owner homes and newer builds.

Then lastly we have the wage issue. Even if people own their home doing anything to it is expensive. To a lot of people here 100 is a lot of money.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-07-2015 01:23 AM
    The issue we have here is the rental market. With investors not wanting to spend on their investments things just stay the way they are. They do the bare minimum and sometimes not even that. There are lots of calls for changes to rental laws but so far no government seems to care.

We have whole apartment complexes being built specifically for investors here.

Dishwashers are becoming more common but that's only happening with owner homes and newer builds.

Then lastly we have the wage issue. Even if people own their home doing anything to it is expensive. To a lot of people here 100 is a lot of money.
    The rental market isn't all that different here in the US.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-07-2015 01:24 AM
    Is your washing machine also a dryer? That's new to me! I've never seen a single machine that washes and dries clothes here.
    Fairly common in the EU. Ours is like that but we don't use that function too often.

My sister tried a front loader in Canada and it leaked. I never had that issue with them. I think she over loaded it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-07-2015 02:00 AM
    Fairly common in the EU. Ours is like that but we don't use that function too often.

My sister tried a front loader in Canada and it leaked. I never had that issue with them. I think she over loaded it.
    Most of the washers in laundromats here are front loaders. The washer in the laundry room of my apartment is a front loader. Three of my cousins have front loaders.

I've never experienced leakage, nor have my cousins.

I think you're probably right wrt user error with your sister's washer.
    05-07-2015 02:13 AM
    The rental market isn't all that different here in the US.
    Oh I know. The rest of the world keeps copying everything the US does. Both good and bad.

When it comes to the idea of free markets everyone looks to the US with envy and usually drools.

Saying that, the UK and specifically London, has become a tax haven for the super rich and the whole idea of trickle down economy is alive and well here.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-07-2015 02:15 AM
    Oh I know. The rest of the world keeps copying everything the US does. Both good and bad.

When it comes to the idea of free markets everyone looks to the US with envy and usually drools.

Saying that, the UK and specifically London, has become a tax haven for the super rich and the whole idea of trickle down economy is alive and well here.
    I thought UK citizens who are super-rich, such as celebrities in the music and film businesses, typically reside outside the UK for tax purposes.
    05-07-2015 02:20 AM
    I thought UK citizens who are super-rich, such as celebrities in the music and film businesses, typically reside outside the UK for tax purposes.
    Things have changed. I'll have to find some articles. The super rich are all flocking here now. Doesn't mean they don't have offshore accounts but the UK is the place to be if you're wealthy.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-07-2015 02:36 AM
    Things have changed. I'll have to find some articles. The super rich are all flocking here now. Doesn't mean they don't have offshore accounts but the UK is the place to be if you're wealthy.
    Yeah they may have a residence here but it doesn't mean that they 'live' here. Plus their money is in Monaco..... and that's where they are in the winter!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-07-2015 02:47 AM
    For anyone not from the UK. You might find this interesting. It's mostly accurate. Not all homes have the pull cord. Nor is the toilet and bath separate.

Haha great video!

You do get dishwashers in the kitchen too, yes, but it depends.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-07-2015 03:05 AM
    Haha great video!

You do get dishwashers in the kitchen too, yes, but it depends.
    Do you have a washer in your kitchen? Is the same machine both a washer and a dryer?
    05-07-2015 03:08 AM
    Do you have a washer in your kitchen? Is the same machine both a washer and a dryer?
    Personally we have a washing machine and a dishwasher in the kitchen. They are side by side, but not the same machine. Same make though.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-07-2015 03:09 AM
145,268 ... 42964297429842994300 ...