You can spend $38 to fix it then:-)
    Or I could send it to you to fix, since you're encouraging me to spend all that money to fix it...
    06-03-2015 10:41 PM
    Checked a popular local market and I don't see 3s anymore. Perhaps keep it and load it with Microsoft stuff. Wait, can it upgrade to 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My guess is that it will upgrade to iOS 6 and then just commit suicide since the hardware can't keep up:-)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-03-2015 11:32 PM
    Or I could send it to you to fix, since you're encouraging me to spend all that money to fix it...
    The shipping alone will kill ya:-)
    06-03-2015 11:32 PM
    My guess is that it will upgrade to iOS 6 and then just commit suicide since the hardware can't keep up:-)
    I'd keep it on iOS 5, actually. The biggest problem I have is that I have no apps anymore for iOS. Here's what I mean.

On my desktop I had a large cadre of apps. During my fruit Stand stage (2010), I owned about 350 apps, including a few immoral ones no longer in the app store. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 from XP, it wiped out all those apps. My old netbook may have a few still, but these were all the good old apps that would run smoothly on the older hardware like a 3G or the Classico.

So it may prove even more of a headache at this point.
    06-03-2015 11:50 PM
    If it doesn't have value to you anymore then get rid of it for a price.
    06-04-2015 12:38 AM
    This has always been one of my favorite Greek myth characters. I do not delight in Pyrrhic victories.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhus_of_Epirus

Posted via the One (M7)
    06-04-2015 12:41 AM
    If it doesn't have value to you anymore then get rid of it for a price.
    I may just do that. There are other pressing matters at hand.

I do like the zenfone. While I think my M7 is still a competent fit as a spare, I'll watch the Zenfone 2's progress on XDA.

Posted via the One (M7)
    06-04-2015 12:43 AM
    The Zenfone 2 is a fine phone, and is even cheaper (here) and better (looks, specs) than my Honor 6. Can you do me a favor? Will you be able to have *both* LTE and Wi-Fi on at the same time?
    06-04-2015 12:47 AM
    The Zenfone 2 is a fine phone, and is even cheaper (here) and better (looks, specs) than my Honor 6. Can you do me a favor? Will you be able to have *both* LTE and Wi-Fi on at the same time?
    I would doubt that WiFi and LTE work simultaneously unless Intel did something radically different than Qualcomm.
    06-04-2015 01:36 AM
    Mine maxes out at 125...your speeds are beyond nuts...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Currently my internet speed is just 78mps, which is rarely achieved. My wife complains about it. Of course I think her laptop is 99% the issue though.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    06-04-2015 01:50 AM
    I would doubt that WiFi and LTE work simultaneously unless Intel did something radically different than Qualcomm.

My Lumia 636 works with both data and Wi-Fi on. That allows me to connect to the internet and DLNA or Miracast to my TV.

The Honor 6 and iPhone won't do that.
    06-04-2015 01:54 AM
    Currently my internet speed is just 78mps, which is rarely achieved. My wife complains about it. Of course I think her laptop is 99% the issue though.

I should point out that I think there are issues with our router which I'll look into more if this new high speed service doesn't come along quickly.

My wife's laptop is a bit on the old side. It might not have the highest speed of WiFi.
    06-04-2015 02:14 AM
    I should point out that I think there are issues with our router which I'll look into more if this new high speed service doesn't come along quickly.

My wife's laptop is a bit on the old side. It might not have the highest speed of WiFi.
    How about a new computer for her on her birthday?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    06-04-2015 02:42 AM
    How about a new computer for her on her birthday?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    We have a new computer for her to use....

She likes the one she has....

I'm taking her to Finland and Norway for her birthday. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-04-2015 03:55 AM

So she bought the new car on the spot and yet it is pulling teeth to get her a new laptop?

Yup...sounds like married life to me indeed.

By the way, she won't bite for something like a Surface with a purple cover?

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    06-04-2015 06:58 AM
    So she bought the new car on the spot and yet it is pulling teeth to get her a new laptop?

Oh she has the Surface Pro 3 with purple cover. That's her going to London computer. I've suggested making that her main computer and picking up a dock and monitor. She didn't say much to the suggestion.

We have another computer for her to start using which is a few months old. She can't make up her mind if she wants to use it or not. She was very busy the last few months so it was a bit difficult to suggest changing computers.
    06-04-2015 07:46 AM

We sort of needed a new car and we've been looking for some time. The new computer thing is a preference. Besides she bought the car she wanted. :P
    06-04-2015 07:47 AM
    Oh she has the Surface Pro 3 with purple cover. That's her going to London computer. I've suggested making that her main computer and picking up a dock and monitor. She didn't say much to the suggestion.

We have another computer for her to start using which is a few months old. She can't make up her mind if she wants to use it or not. She was very busy the last few months so it was a bit difficult to suggest changing computers.
    Well, I guess that's that.

06-04-2015 08:14 AM
    We sort of needed a new car and we've been looking for some time. The new computer thing is a preference. Besides she bought the car she wanted. :P
    Isn't it usually the case - they what they want and we have to pull teeth for our stuff?

06-04-2015 08:14 AM
    Morning folks. After 3 days of an early start to cleaning, I'm lounging around like a bum today before I get down to business...

worldspy99 likes this.
    06-04-2015 08:15 AM
    So I got my fire stick last night and of course the wrong converter came with it. Now I have to wait until tomorrow when the new one arrives. In the meantime, I'll set it up by the GF tonight. While it has been neat watching TV on my monitor and Z3TC the past few days, I want TV on my TV again.

06-04-2015 08:17 AM
    So I got my fire stick last night and of course the wrong converter came with it. Now I have to wait until tomorrow when the new one arrives. In the meantime, I'll set it up by the GF tonight. While it has been neat watching TV on my monitor and Z3TC the past few days, I want TV on my TV again.

What I really want to do is start casting games off the tablet onto the TV and use the tablet like a controller. Technically I can hook up a PS4 controller to either the Z3C or the Z3TC, but I have no PS4 and neither do I want one. I do however like the looks of the Shield TV. If I got a new TV, I'd get a shield TV to go with it. I'd buy my movies through Xbox and Amazon and run everything through that. Beats having to buy a console.

worldspy99 likes this.
    06-04-2015 08:27 AM
    Hi guys. I think my classes and study hours are eating up all of my time.i don't get enough time to do much of anything else.
    06-04-2015 08:29 AM
    Quite nice weather we have here I must say :D

Sent from my Motorola Moto G 2014
    N_LaRUE and worldspy99 like this.
    06-04-2015 08:29 AM

Mine is 30Mbps and sometimes all three of us are at streaming a show on our respective gadgets☺
    06-04-2015 08:53 AM
145,248 ... 43454346434743484349 ...