Since you like enviro stuff occasionally I thought I would send you this link - Woodbuds - Colourful Wood Earphones

I only found this one review. Not sure if they suit you or not. WoodBuds HeadPhones, eco-friendly and pocket friendly wood earphonesEssentialMac
    I was using a wood bodied in ear monitor years ago, and it sounded real good. I lost it in one of our company outing. Felt bad about it.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 07:13 AM
    I've seen a video with it running. While I like it, I may be a dinosaur and hold onto 4.4.4 a little longer. Lol.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    What's holding you back??? I don't see anything wrong with it at all. It's a lot more zippy than 5.0.2 was. I think the new settings menu is a lot nicer too.
    07-28-2015 07:14 AM
    I was using a wood bodied in ear monitor years ago, and it sounded real good. I lost it in one of our company outing. Felt bad about it.

I don't own them myself but now that I found them I'm considering it!
    07-28-2015 07:15 AM
    What's holding you back??? I don't see anything wrong with it at all. It's a lot more zippy than 5.0.2 was. I think the new settings menu is a lot nicer too.
    Can you please post the settings screen? I'd like to compare it with mine, which may be shrouded by EMUI 3.1

07-28-2015 07:16 AM
    Since you like enviro stuff occasionally I thought I would send you this link - Woodbuds - Colourful Wood Earphones

I only found this one review. Not sure if they suit you or not. WoodBuds HeadPhones, eco-friendly and pocket friendly wood earphonesEssentialMac
    These look good and would run me probably $60 over here. Cannot get it on Amazon yet, only seen the knock off ones. I'll keep them in mind.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    07-28-2015 07:17 AM

That's the thing I liked with the Marley's. Stupdily comfortable for my ears. These Sony's I just got are OK, but more like back up headphones. I don't like to use the noise cancelers as much because it is digital noise canceling, but the design I'm not a fan of mostly.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    azcruz likes this.
    07-28-2015 07:20 AM
    These look good and would run me probably $60 over here. Cannot get it on Amazon yet, only seen the knock off ones. I'll keep them in mind.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    They're a small company that ships direct. I checked the US price (without shipping) and it was $46.70.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-28-2015 07:20 AM
    Remember, I have 5.0.2 on my tablet. What's holding me back is that I like kitkit better. Lol. I'll still do the upgrade eventually, but I'm in no rush.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    07-28-2015 07:21 AM
    Can you please post the settings screen? I'd like to compare it with mine, which may be shrouded by EMUI 3.1

Here's one screen shot.

screenshot_2015-07-28-13-21-17-1-.jpg
    MSFTisMIA and azcruz like this.
    07-28-2015 07:25 AM
    They're a small company that ships direct. I checked the US price (without shipping) and it was $46.70.
    I'll add them to the list for sure then. I don't mind the no volume controls or on-line mic. As a Z3 owner, one mic is by the audio Jack and I use Android Wear, so that's fine by me...

I tell you, the amount of knock offs you can find on Amazon is amazing at times.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-28-2015 07:27 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me riding on NYC public transit and seeing the number of iphones and Galaxy phones. Meanwhile, I slink by with my Z3 + 360.

I'm not mad...just glad to have something no one wants to steal. Read a news article about a gut who had an iPhone and got jumped for it yesterday.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-28-2015 07:30 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me riding on NYC public transit and seeing the number of iphones and Galaxy phones. Meanwhile, I slink by with my Z3 + 360.

I'm not mad...just glad to have something no one wants to steal. Read a news article about a gut who had an iPhone and got jumped for it yesterday.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I see a lot of iPhones and Samsungs as well. I saw a L930 for the first time in the wild. I do catch the occasional Lumia device here and there since the percentages are high here.

I see a few Sony devices as well though not as many as I used to.
    07-28-2015 07:46 AM
    I'll add them to the list for sure then. I don't mind the no volume controls or on-line mic. As a Z3 owner, one mic is by the audio Jack and I use Android Wear, so that's fine by me...

I tell you, the amount of knock offs you can find on Amazon is amazing at times.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I don't need the mic or controls at all personally. :)

I'm seriously considering these as my next earphones. My wife wants a new pair as well. Not sure if any of the colours will suit her. She doesn't mind different colours for headphones.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-28-2015 07:47 AM

I'm seriously considering these as my next earphones. My wife wants a new pair as well. Not sure if any of the colours will suit her. She doesn't mind different colours for headphones.
    As long as the phone is purple, right?

Posted via Xperia Z3
    azcruz likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:16 AM

I'll probably try them out. I didn't want Bluetooth headsets because that's something else to charge...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    07-28-2015 08:17 AM
    As long as the phone is purple, right?

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Well she prefers purple but is open to other colours. Purple seems to fallen out of fashion with electronics.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:24 AM
    I'm also on 5.1.1 and while there are small changes here and there I don't really see what is Lollipop all about. Ha ha ha

It is all about sucking...
    07-28-2015 08:24 AM
    A new pair of Marley's but I'm lazy to buy them.

Seriously though, something durable enough for my commute, preferably water proof, comfortable ergonomics, and clean sound. Not trying to spend a ton.

The new Sony's I have are disappointing because they don't block out the noise as well. I like the noise canceling ones I have but not a fan of the loop behind the ear design.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Decisions, decisions...
    #headphonesearch
    07-28-2015 08:26 AM
    I see the OnePlus Two is out. Color me not as impressed. As a former OnePlus One user...I'm not seeing the upgrade.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Same here...
    Sport Driver and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-28-2015 08:28 AM
    Here's one screen shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-28-13-21-17[1].jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	109397
    Call me biased but I like stock settings better on my Nexus 7...
    07-28-2015 08:31 AM
    I see a lot of iPhones and Samsungs as well. I saw a L930 for the first time in the wild. I do catch the occasional Lumia device here and there since the percentages are high here.

I see a few Sony devices as well though not as many as I used to.
    I haven't been able to spot a single Sony so far in the wild. I have actually seen more WP devices. On the flip side haven't seen many Samsung mobile phones either. It's iPhone all the way around here.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    07-28-2015 08:33 AM
    Have seen 4 Apple watches so far and not one with the screen lit....I'll pass...
    07-28-2015 08:34 AM
    I haven't been able to spot a single Sony so far in the wild. I have actually seen more WP devices. On the flip side haven't seen many Samsung mobile phones either. It's iPhone all the way around here.
    You're in Cali where it's all about fashion...
    07-28-2015 08:36 AM
    Have seen 4 Apple watches so far and not one with the screen lit....I'll pass...
    I've only seen one on a guy here at work.
    07-28-2015 08:36 AM
    You're in Cali where it's all about fashion...
    The cases people use on their iPhones are mostly drab...
    My 830 gets more attention with the green back and a clear case😁
    Last edited by worldspy99; 07-28-2015 at 08:57 AM.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:38 AM
143,632 ... 44554456445744584459 ...