Internet works now. Just doing some software updates, then it is on to cable management... I'm glad this process is almost over...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    I cable management is somewhat an art :p to make it super clean is hard for me

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    10-04-2015 11:44 AM
    Internet works now. Just doing some software updates, then it is on to cable management... I'm glad this process is almost over...

Need to connect both optical drives. So I decided to hook up the DVD drive only. Will fix that another day. Otherwise, PC runs great.

10-04-2015 02:05 PM
    I cable management is somewhat an art :p to make it super clean is hard for me

Here's the final look...first two are with the flash on. That's the best I could get it at this point. The SSD is at the very bottom of the PC (as seen in the second photo) to lengthen the cables out and not make that knot as much of a cluster**** as it looks. Visually, I think the airflow is good enough.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    Attached Thumbnails 13092.jpg   13091.jpg   13089.jpg   13090.jpg  
    10-04-2015 02:11 PM
    Need to connect both optical drives. So I decided to hook up the DVD drive only. Will fix that another day. Otherwise, PC runs great.

The journey has ended. The GF's machine runs on Windows 10 Home (64-bit) edition. It looks so much better on a desktop than a tablet, it's not even funny.

Curious to see MSFT's Tuesday announcement.

10-04-2015 07:07 PM
    Glad to be out of Singapore. The haze is so unhealthy I contracted cough and sinusitis, thankfully my single malt-honey recipe cured me in time for work.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    10-04-2015 08:10 PM
    The journey has ended. The GF's machine runs on Windows 10 Home (64-bit) edition. It looks so much better on a desktop than a tablet, it's not even funny.

Curious to see MSFT's Tuesday announcement.

Msft killed what worked awesome for tablets. I still don't like tablet mode on Windows 10.

MSFTisMIA likes this.
    10-04-2015 11:29 PM
    Glad to be out of Singapore. The haze is so unhealthy I contracted cough and sinusitis, thankfully my single malt-honey recipe cured me in time for work.
    That's rough . Get well soon or at least in time for Tuesday ;)

10-04-2015 11:31 PM
    That's rough . Get well soon or at least in time for Tuesday ;)

Thanks, I'm actually better today and 100% on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    10-04-2015 11:32 PM
    It's a sport designed to watch on TV.
    Considering it was created long before TV was invented that's highly unlikely...

All sport have benefited by TV and has allowed the sport to become more interesting as all the slow parts can be manipulated out.

I went to a basketball game and I was so bored it wasn't funny. Even ice hockey suffers from this issue. You have to be a real fan to suffer going to a live game.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    10-05-2015 01:16 AM
    <snip>

I went to a basketball game and I was so bored it wasn't funny. Even ice hockey suffers from this issue. You have to be a real fan to suffer going to a live game.

Cricket...
    10-05-2015 04:25 AM
    Looks like I'll go crazy with Xcode...
    screen-shot-2015-10-05-4.52.39-pm.png
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2015 04:31 AM
    Cricket...
    Cricket or baseball. About the same really.

You really need to love the game to be there in person.
    10-05-2015 05:21 AM
    Morning folks. I see the hype machine for tomorrow's MSFT announcement is cracking up.

At this point, all I care to see is price and availability. I hope they have units ready to purchase quickly after announcement. Still, if the overprice these, they're pretty much ****ed.

I wouldn't mind seeing them launch a mid range tomorrow along side those flagships. But hey, when you don't ask for much, you're never disappointed when you don't get what you want.

10-05-2015 08:03 AM
    Considering it was created long before TV was invented that's highly unlikely...

All sport have benefited by TV and has allowed the sport to become more interesting as all the slow parts can be manipulated out.

I'm sure that games didn't have as many stoppages in the 19th or early 20th centuries as they do today.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2015 08:06 AM
    Morning folks. I see the hype machine for tomorrow's MSFT announcement is cracking up.

At this point, all I care to see is price and availability. I hope they have units ready to purchase quickly after announcement. Still, if the overprice these, they're pretty much ****ed.

I wouldn't mind seeing them launch a mid range tomorrow along side those flagships. But hey, when you don't ask for much, you're never disappointed when you don't get what you want.

They will have the low end 550 but no mid ranger..
    10-05-2015 08:07 AM
    They will have the low end 550 but no mid ranger..
    They were onto something with the 830...but MSFT being MSFT, overpriced it. Will they every learn?

sahib lopez likes this.
    10-05-2015 08:17 AM
    I'm sure that games didn't have as many stoppages in the 19th or early 20th centuries as they do today.
    Back in those days, when people went to a game, they went for the game. These days, the whole thing is an "experience".

10-05-2015 08:18 AM
    Back in those days, when people went to a game, they went for the game. These days, the whole thing is an "experience".

To get bored? I have walked out of a football game in a brand spanking new stadium with center seats (each ticket in excess of $100) after the first 20 minutes or so...baseball is do able and so is basketball but I can't seem to catch onto watching football live. On TV I'll watch football and basketball but no baseball.
    10-05-2015 08:22 AM
    To get bored? I have walked out of a football game in a brand spanking new stadium with center seats (each ticket in excess of $100) after the first 20 minutes or so...baseball is do able and so is basketball but I can't seem to catch onto watching football live. On TV I'll watch football and basketball but no baseball.
    To each his own. The thing that makes football tolerable on TV is the actual broadcasting. Still, I prefer live in person sports, especially if you've got company.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2015 08:36 AM
    I'm mostly with you. They're all intolerable, but that's my opinion of course. I had centre court seats at a basketball game and even with the 'entertainment' every break it got boring. Baseball... snore.

To each his own. The thing that makes football tolerable on TV is the actual broadcasting. Still, I prefer live in person sports, especially if you've got company.

In nice weather maybe. Still, better things to do on a nice day.

Even though I'm not a sports person I think playing them is far more interesting than watching. Even then, it can be boring. LOL!
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-05-2015 08:45 AM
    I'm mostly with you. They're all intolerable, but that's my opinion of course. I had centre court seats at a basketball game and even with the 'entertainment' every break it got boring. Baseball... snore.

In nice weather maybe. Still, better things to do on a nice day.

Even though I'm not a sports person I think playing them is far more interesting than watching. Even then, it can be boring. LOL!
    I guess. I think for me, I was raised in a sporting environment that my love for sports allows me to enjoy both live viewing and TV broadcasts. Golf is one of the hardest sports to watch on TV. I think with anything it's better to play than to watch, but I still like live sports. Maybe the technical aspect or just the antics in the crowd are some of the most fun parts.

I don't think I'd go to a soccer match in Europe though. Those crowds are a bit too ethnocentric for my tastes.

sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-05-2015 08:52 AM
    10-05-2015 08:58 AM
    Not bad business class prices. Too bad none of them are going to where I want to go... :P

Besides, not going to be travelling too much next year probably. Maybe a couple of small trips but nothing else at this moment.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2015 09:27 AM
    I think the stoppages nowadays are for TV commercials.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    worldspy99, N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-05-2015 10:21 AM
    They were onto something with the 830...but MSFT being MSFT, overpriced it. Will they every learn?

No?
    Maybe?
    I can draw the parallels between MSFT and Sahib, if you want...
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    10-05-2015 10:43 AM
144,439 ... 45584559456045614562 ...