Maybe you can help him... he seems to be struggling.
    I could if I was more fluent in it. Definitely could. I should've said it use to be my thing, but by the time I go and get back from the programming institute I plan on going to, it might be to late depending on how long sahib is taking the class. If he happens to still be taking it then yea no problem.
    11-17-2015 06:13 AM
    What a day. I'm coming down with a cold and the sky is falling down (lots of people want to make that problems my problems).

Anyone got any preventative cold remedies for me?
    Ed Boland likes this.
    11-17-2015 06:41 AM
    Why is it that forums and generally the comment section of any article seems to bring out the worst in people?

I don't quite get it. It's a weird sociological thing. I wonder if anyone is doing studies on it...

I think it's the security behind anonymity, people think they can act how they want or complain to nameless people without fear of consequences.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    11-17-2015 06:42 AM
    And that was a bad typo!
    That's actually a rotuine typo by Sahib standards...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    11-17-2015 06:59 AM
    Why is it that forums and generally the comment section of any article seems to bring out the worst in people?

I don't quite get it. It's a weird sociological thing. I wonder if anyone is doing studies on it...
    Too many internet "experts" acting like keyboard warriors who like to be cyber tough.

Ed Boland likes this.
    11-17-2015 07:01 AM
    The camera compromise on the Moto Maxx is a hard pill to swallow for me.
    Lol! And here I would think you'd kvetch about how heavy the thing would be! (It does have some weight to it).

Camera's better than the N5, which you still find impressive. I suppose the photos I've posted here aren't to your liking. Well, everyone's preferences are different. 3900mah + Qi + under 5.5" screen works for me.

I swear, you can be more picky than some of these NYC socialites. Are you going to try the Mi 4C?

11-17-2015 07:07 AM
    Morning folks. Headed to work today because I need to pay rent.

Ed Boland likes this.
    11-17-2015 07:07 AM
    Lol! And here I would think you'd kvetch about how heavy the thing would be! (It does have some weight to it).

Camera's better than the N5, which you still find impressive. I suppose the photos I've posted here aren't to your liking. Well, everyone's preferences are different. 3900mah + Qi + under 5.5" screen works for me.

I swear, you can be more picky than some of these NYC socialites. Are you going to try the Mi 4C?

Guess the Mi 4C is out...no NFC. I'll give you two weeks with that 5X...

11-17-2015 07:27 AM
    Maybe you can help him... he seems to be struggling.
    That is not the only area he is struggling in
    Ed Boland likes this.
    11-17-2015 09:25 AM

The fanboyism over at imore is worse. I got a i6 for my wife and had some questions and most answers are "it works just fine for me, there is nothing wrong with what Apple has given us". What a load of crap! I'll post specific examples in a bit.
    11-17-2015 09:27 AM
    What a day. I'm coming down with a cold and the sky is falling down (lots of people want to make that problems my problems).

Anyone got any preventative cold remedies for me?
    Ginger lemon tea with a dash of honey, piping hot of course and some echinecea.
    11-17-2015 09:28 AM
    That's actually a rotuine typo by Sahib standards...

Do I sense a pattern, every thing that is routine from him....nvm, I will behave...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-17-2015 09:28 AM
    The fanboyism over at imore is worse. I got a i6 for my wife and had some questions and most answers are "it works just fine for me, there is nothing wrong with what Apple has given us". What a load of crap! I'll post specific examples in a bit.
    I was reading through the Blackberry Priv poll article and Laura posted something and several immature jerks decided to make fun of her for no reason other than not liking a physical keyboard, being older than 40 and being female.... needless to say I wasn't impressed. Not that she needs my help or anything but I was irritated.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    11-17-2015 09:35 AM
    That is not the only area he is struggling in
    I don't think there's much any of us can help him with there... we've all tried at one point or other.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    11-17-2015 09:36 AM

Haven't got a good deal on the Mi4C yet...
    N5 takes great pics for me.
    And if I need to make any compromise, then I'll take the Lumia 640 over it. Except slightly slower hardware it has all the right things - 5" screen, stellar battery life, camera is actually very good and is lightweight.
    11-17-2015 09:39 AM
    Morning folks. Headed to work today because I need to pay rent.

Ditto.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    Guess the Mi 4C is out...no NFC. I'll give you two weeks with that 5X...

You might just be surprised...
    You might just be surprised...
    I'll give you a week then. It's not that I don't like the 5X, but to me it'd be more interesting at the $350 and $400 price points if Google was keeping the 16 & 32GB storage options.

As it is, too pricey.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    11-17-2015 10:54 AM
    I don't think there's much any of us can help him with there... we've all tried at one point or other.
    Maybe Trump can help him...

N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-17-2015 10:55 AM
    I'd never go back there. I went to comment on an article once, and one of the lead editors opened his mouth and fanboyism spewed out. I almost threw up but decided I'd rather not waste more minutes of my minute (or risked being banned by you or Laura) by getting into a back and forth.

11-17-2015 10:57 AM
    I'll give you a week then. It's not that I don't like the 5X, but to me it'd be more interesting at the $350 and $400 price points if Google was keeping the 16 & 32GB storage options.

As it is, too pricey.

You know me, I will probably pay under $350 for the 32GB version so...
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-17-2015 11:07 AM
    Maybe Trump can help him...

This is one boondoggle even he cannot get out of...
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-17-2015 11:07 AM
    So I asked a couple of questions:
    1. Why are the apps downloading so slowly on the iPhone from the App store? I tried to setup the iPhone 6 at the same time as the MXPE. In about 25 minutes I had downloaded all of my 80 apps on the MXPE from the Play store and I had barely downloaded Spotify, YouTube, Tapatalk and Hangouts on the iPhone. The response I got it is why are you not using iTunes and plugging it into the computer? I got told it just works that way so I must install the absolute atrocity that is iTunes to get my apps. Me being me, I tried a different approach. I reset the iPhone, created a brand new Apple ID and tried installing the same 4 apps and guess what, same end result. I was just trying to set up a new iPhone and was downloading the apps straight from the App Store no trying to get a backup off the cloud. Now here is the intriguing part, if I did this on my LTE data the apps were downloading really fast! I checked the connection on my other devices and there were no issues. I downloaded a couple of apps on my iPad 2 and no issues either, so I know that it is not my Wi-Fi router/speed/connection. So I think in iOS 8 and 9 there are some serious Wi-Fi problems and my iPad is on iOS 7 so it doesn't seem to have those bugs.

2. Wanted to know how to sync Outlook contacts and that was also a fairly long winded lecture. I just ended up searching stuff on the web via Bing/Google and got that done.

3. Okay so one other thing that was bothering me in the two days I test drove the iPhone. If I am entering my email id then the period (.) shows up on the keyboard but if I am in Message or Hangouts or Tapatalk it does not show up. I have to tap the [123] button the get the period to show up to insert it, wth! So I ask about a workaround and people say just double tap the space bar - yes but that is also extra keystroke, right? SMH...
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    11-17-2015 11:15 AM
    You know me, I will probably pay under $350 for the 32GB version so...
    You'd better, or else I'll send Sahib to your job to type up one of your important reports as punishment....

Laura Knotek and azcruz like this.
    11-17-2015 11:18 AM
    So I asked a couple of questions:
    1. Why are the apps downloading so slowly on the iPhone from the App store? I tried to setup the iPhone 6 at the same time as the MXPE. In about 25 minutes I had downloaded all of my 80 apps on the MXPE from the Play store and I had barely downloaded Spotify, YouTube, Tapatalk and Hangouts on the iPhone. The response I got it is why are you not using iTunes and plugging it into the computer? I got told it just works that way so I must install the absolute atrocity that is iTunes to get my apps. Me being me, I tried a different approach. I reset the iPhone, created a brand new Apple ID and tried installing the same 4 apps and guess what, same end result. I was just trying to set up a new iPhone and was downloading the apps straight from the App Store no trying to get a backup off the cloud. Now here is the intriguing part, if I did this on my LTE data the apps were downloading really fast! I checked the connection on my other devices and there were no issues. I downloaded a couple of apps on my iPad 2 and no issues either, so I know that it is not my Wi-Fi router/speed/connection. So I think in iOS 8 and 9 there are some serious Wi-Fi problems and my iPad is on iOS 7 so it doesn't seem to have those bugs.

2. Wanted to know how to sync Outlook contacts and that was also a fairly long winded lecture. I just ended up searching stuff on the web via Bing/Google and got that done.

3. Okay so one other thing that was bothering me in the two days I test drove the iPhone. If I am entering my email id then the period (.) shows up on the keyboard but if I am in Message or Hangouts or Tapatalk it does not show up. I have to tap the [123] button the get the period to show up to insert it, wth! So I ask about a workaround and people say just double tap the space bar - yes but that is also extra keystroke, right? SMH...
    I'd rather get a colonoscopy without anaesthetics than ask questions on iMore. You had me cracking up at the Apple "users" telling you go use that junk called iTunes for your apps.

11-17-2015 11:23 AM
143,662 ... 46254626462746284629 ...