Hmmm...i guess I'm in a reviewing mode so far.

Moto Maxx, 6 months later (appropriately)

Satisfied.

Pros:

- Big battery. Gets me through a day comfortably. If i push it, well, it feels like a regular smartphone. Still, i can get two days usage.

- Screen. I like AMOLEDs and prefer this one over the ones of the X 2014 and the N6. Still a little over saturated, but a lot more balanced than those two. Very crisp panel. Good in sunlight too.

- Qi + quick charge. Surprisingly, phone charges pretty fast on Qi. Both very convenient options.

- Moto software is good. Very useful.

Cons:

- Moto software: Just like they did with the jump from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2, Moto plans to skip 5.1.1 to go directly to 6.0.1. So this thing still has the bugs of 5.0.2 in terms of battery life. I know this has a Quad HD screen, but the battery can and should be better.

- Camera: a very average shooter, as in very good in good lighting, not so good in mix lighting and low light.

Meh:

- Weight: Phone is heavy, but it packs a 3900mah battery...not Lumia 920 heavy though...

- Design: Moto X 2014 has more charm. The black kevlar is nice option, but i wish another color scheme was also available.

- Capacitive buttons: mixed feelings. I like having them, but in this case, I'd prefer on screen if it meant a slightly bigger screen.

- Audio: solid. Not good, not bad...solid.

All in all, a very good device. 6.0.1 should make a real difference in terms of improving performance. Otherwise, a good daily driver as is.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    02-07-2016 07:17 PM
    Nice!
    We'll see if i can score one...

02-07-2016 07:21 PM
    More reviews:

Z3 Tablet Compact 6+ months later.

Pros:

Design: love the fact that it is water resistant and light as hell. Like the matte finish on the back instead of going glass on both sides like the Z line phones. Size is good too.

Audio: Front facing speakers are OK, noise canceling is very good.

Battery: solid performance, and quick charge via the magic port and regular USB slot is really nice.

Cons:

- Screen is OK. Wish it were a little sharper, especially for asking price. Think the GF's mom has a better panel on her Zenpad S tablet, at half the price.

- Expensive as ****. Got this used but in great condition for $380 for the 32GB model. Hell, at that price I almost feel I should have just gone for a LTE model

Meh:

- Camera: does as asked, cannot do more.

- OS: I wish Sony did more to take advantage of the real estate. I like the small apps idea, as these non Samsung tablets suck at multitasking. I like the Sony skin, but it is getting a little stale.

Overall, a quality buy, just like the T100 before it. Unless this breaks, not buying another tablet. In fact this was good enough for my needs whereby if I had a good WP model, I could get away with not owning an Android phone.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 02-07-2016 at 09:31 PM.
    sahib lopez, N_LaRUE and azcruz like this.
    02-07-2016 07:38 PM
    So Denver wins the SB. Peyton, just retire now and call it a day.

A nice end to an interesting 2015 season. Cam Newton has yet more growing up to do. Let's hope he takes the next step.

sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-07-2016 09:25 PM

A nice end to an interesting 2015 season. Cam Newton has yet more growing up to do. Let's hope he takes the next step.

I like to think this was a defensive game and the defense won it for the Broncos . Either way it was a good game and the half time show wasn't bad at all :p
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-07-2016 10:04 PM
    Now that the band 2 is 50$ off till February this is tempting
    02-07-2016 10:07 PM
    Now that the band 2 is 50$ off till February this is tempting
    Still, see if you can find it a little cheaper...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    02-07-2016 10:26 PM
    I hate those irresponsible and big-headed proffesors. I should be studying psychology now. From the books, like every normal man. But no, she has her own material that we need to learn, her own definitions and what not.
    So what did she do? She gave one, just one god damn paper to us. It would be somewhat ok if it was only one class, but there's 4 classes, 4 classes and one paper. That's 80+ students.

Of course, the first guy or girl she gave that paper to, kept it for himself/herself and hadn't shared it with us.
    Now I'm just too pissed off to study anything.
    Soon as you said psychology and read the rest the first thing that popped in my head is that she's messing with you guys... I may be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    02-07-2016 11:38 PM
    I didn't even know the Superbowl was on! LOL! I'm so disconnected from American sports and sports in general. The only time I care is when the football is on near my house as it causes traffic jams.
    02-07-2016 11:40 PM
    So house update!
    Milestones have happened. I now have electrics back so there's lighting and power again. Central heating is complete. Kitchen is on track for completion this weekend. So it's looking good. Still lots to do though. Will be a few more months until fully complete but we'll be able to live there at least. :)
    02-07-2016 11:44 PM
    I'm up way too early. Couldn't sleep due to the storms. Also I'm suffering a bit with my stupid injuries and just thinking about everything so I haven't slept much in weeks now. Ah stress...
    02-07-2016 11:47 PM
    I didn't even know the Superbowl was on! LOL! I'm so disconnected from American sports and sports in general. The only time I care is when the football is on near my house as it causes traffic jams.
    Maybe when the NFL moves to the UK that traffic jam might happen a lot more ;)
    02-08-2016 12:11 AM
    I'm up way too early. Couldn't sleep due to the storms. Also I'm suffering a bit with my stupid injuries and just thinking about everything so I haven't slept much in weeks now. Ah stress...
    Injuries? Also it must not be your night with all that happening :/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-2016 12:12 AM
    So house update!
    Milestones have happened. I now have electrics back so there's lighting and power again. Central heating is complete. Kitchen is on track for completion this weekend. So it's looking good. Still lots to do though. Will be a few more months until fully complete but we'll be able to live there at least. :)
    So in an estimated in 2 weeks your house will be livable ? That's great news
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-2016 12:14 AM
    Injuries? Also it must not be your night with all that happening :/
    You've forgotten. I've got two herniated discs on my neck. Not the best thing to have when you're doing lifting. My legs and knees hate me as well. LOL! Ah getting old sucks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-2016 12:42 AM
    So in an estimated in 2 weeks your house will be livable ? That's great news
    Pretty much yes. We move in the end of Feb.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    02-08-2016 12:43 AM
    That's in London. I don't live in London. There won't be any NLF teams anywhere else in the UK. If any at all for that matter... We have enough issues with crowds and drinking in London we don't need more drunken stupidity here.
    02-08-2016 12:45 AM
    Morning :)
    I'm home today since we have a holiday. We are celebrating the death of our biggest poet France Preeren if anyone wants to look him up :)
    02-08-2016 01:22 AM

Cam totally messed up when he didn't try to recover his fumble. Hopefully, he learns from that.

Von Miller was awesome and totally deserves his MVP.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    02-08-2016 01:50 AM
    Cam totally messed up when he didn't try to recover his fumble. Hopefully, he learns from that.

Von Miller was awesome and totally deserves his MVP.
    Cam messed up from missing those two open throws early in the 1st quarter, especially that one on the 1st drive. I texted the attending physician at work who i talk sports alot with that if Carolina lost, they lost from that early.

Cam was probably so beat up from the game he couldn't bear risking an injury diving for the fumble. Carolina's defense was championship level, Denver's was just that much better.

02-08-2016 06:56 AM
    Morning folks. Nothing new to report...just trying to manage some stress levels...

02-08-2016 06:56 AM
    I don't think UK needs NFL, they have too many jams caused just by their football league and cups.
    Premier league plus 3-4 great cups, count high number of visiters in the equation, and what you have is more than enough people and cars on the street.
    Especially if he's in London, or Manchester.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-2016 08:33 AM
    Soon as you said psychology and read the rest the first thing that popped in my head is that she's messing with you guys... I may be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised.
    I don't think she's capable of doing that. She is a psychology proffesor but i wouldn't mark her as the brightest person i know.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-2016 08:34 AM
    This has been a truly extraordinary day for me. You won't believe it, but i got an A in German. That's like second A i got thruout my highschool.

I also placed a bet with my German proffesor. He'll shave his beard if i get three more As, but he'll do it just before our trip to Spain (hopefully it'll be Spain).

Thinking of studying physics now, but i still have to decide. Lessons are so boring.
    02-08-2016 08:40 AM
    They're renovating our gym, setting up some new stuff there, new machines, new locker room etc.
    Can't wait to check it out. I hate changing gyms, so i won't be training till they're done.
    02-08-2016 08:42 AM
144,738 ... 47494750475147524753 ...