Mine is getting there....the landlord is not too excited about it.
    You can pretty much get replacement bulbs for every type of light here in the UK.

We bought the LEDs for our rented flat because they were all halogens at 50W each. I thought spending 30 to fit the whole place out was worth the savings. It was amazing how much we saved.

I just remembered we have two places in the house where we don't have LEDs yet. One is in the range hood the other in the second bedroom. I'll eventually replace both. The main issue with the second bedroom is that the LEDs for them are a touch ugly and seem a bit unreliable at the moment. We don't use the light in there that often anyway. The range hood I need to look into though.

The rest of the house is LED.
    04-16-2016 02:27 AM
    That's one reason why I like doing all of my automotive repairs and maintenance myself... no waiting! (not to mention the boatload of money it saves me.)
    I've never learned to repair cars and we didn't have anywhere to fix one until Thursday (garage is now empty).

Also newer cars are a bit more complex, especially BMWs.
    04-16-2016 02:29 AM
    Bad luck than.
    Anyone remember when I said my friend's OnePlus X died, around new year? Well phone is still at home, no one picked it up or anything. It has been a pain working with OnePlus. So if there is a brand I wouldn't buy a phone from it is OnePlus. He bought a used Nexus 5 for 80€ to use until they fix it.
    Wow! That's a long time. I do remember that. That is crazy he is still waiting for it to be fixed.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    04-16-2016 02:31 AM
    Speaking of the BMW. We've decided to get rid of it. It's too big and is only going to cause use more repair bills. Better to cut out losses. We can always get another one in the future.

So we're hoping to find something that will suit us better. Possibly a Peugeot 308.
    04-16-2016 02:33 AM
    Speaking of the BMW. We've decided to get rid of it. It's too big and is only going to cause use more repair bills. Better to cut out losses. We can always get another one in the future.

So we're hoping to find something that will suit us better. Possibly a Peugeot 308.
    The Peugeot 308 looks like a nice car. Too bad it isn't sold in the US.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-16-2016 02:38 AM
    Good news folks, Glance screen is working again on my 640. And since I've played with the scaling a bit (I've set it up so I can have two large tiles next to each other) it looks much sharper now.
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-16-2016 03:39 AM
    Now I really believe in WM10. If they keep doing things like they did in this build, then there's so much to come. They've finally done some things that were asked for on user voice. Can't wait to see what new features will be added.
    04-16-2016 03:42 AM

Which one will you be getting? 2008 or 2015? This newer one seems much bigger compared to the older one.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-16-2016 03:44 AM
    I just noticed that brightness settings aren't working. I got my glance, I don't have rights to complain.
    04-16-2016 03:54 AM
    You can say that again! I'll add though, that the "S" revisions are definitely a lot tougher than previous gens!

The other day I just about had a heart attack - I went up to the local grocery early in the morning to get some breakfast supplies; took my coffee with me. Well, the grocery store parking lot has a pretty rough entrance to the parking lot... with my coffee in the cup holder in the car, going over the bumps, made some coffee splash onto my lap where of course my 6SPlus was resting. Coffee all in the Otterbox case I had on the phone, I quickly parked the car and proceeded to rip the case off of the phone to clean the coffee off of it before it got into any important parts... Then, after being satisfied with the coffee clean up, I got out of the car and put the naked 6S Plus in my back pocket. (the case itself still had coffee on it as I was going to wait until I got back home to wash it under some running water)

So I go in and do my shopping etc. and come back out to the car. Loading my bags of groceries in the trunk, and getting back in the driver's seat, I forget about the naked phone in my back pocket. I hear this "clunk".....

I look down onto the pavement and see my iPhone 6S Plus laying on the ground, face down on the asphault........ Oh My GOD!!

I reach down to pick it up, steadily chanting "please don't be shattered please don't be shattered!!!" turn it over, and guess what....... Not a single freakin' scratch! wheeeew!
    And my 640 got scratched after being placed on the stairways.
    04-16-2016 03:58 AM

For a moment I thought I read you were getting a Porsche of some sorts😁
    04-16-2016 08:52 AM

Also newer cars are a bit more complex, especially BMWs.
    People who work on vehicles have been saying that since the dawn of the ECM/PCM and OBD (Engine Control Modules and On Board Diagnostics) in the 80's. While the automotive technologies are getting increasingly complex, just like the PCs we use everyday, diagnosis and repairs are actually getting easier.

There are exceptions in some cases (and with some makes - certain German makes, like VWs, that my master mechanic buddy refers to as "Hitler's revenge") where it seems the engineers that designed the car did it in such a way that replacing a part requires a "special tool", or having to disassemble the whole engine just to perform a simple spark plug change.
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-16-2016 09:34 AM
    I guess growing up around it in my family (my step father was a mechanic and one of my best friends is a master mechanic who's worked for Chysler for 40+ years) working on our own vehicles just comes natural.

Which reminds me.. I need to get out here in the garage and sell some more parts!
    04-16-2016 09:48 AM
    In other news, I downloaded and installed the latest Fast Ring build on the 1520 last night just for s-h-i-t-s and giggles. Seems pretty good after giving everything a quick once over. I think I've got to reformat my sd card though.
    04-16-2016 09:53 AM
    People who work on vehicles have been saying that since the dawn of the ECM/PCM and OBD (Engine Control Modules and On Board Diagnostics) in the 80's. While the automotive technologies are getting increasingly complex, just like the PCs we use everyday, diagnosis and repairs are actually getting easier.

There are exceptions in some cases (and with some makes - certain German makes, like VWs, that my master mechanic buddy refers to as "Hitler's revenge") where it seems the engineers that designed the car did it in such a way that replacing a part requires a "special tool", or having to disassemble the whole engine just to perform a simple spark plug change.
    BMWs notoriously difficult to repair and cost a fortune to fix.

We have a slight issue with our exhaust at the moment and the mechanic thinks it's the catalytic converter... Over 400 (after market) for the part, four hours to replace it. Simply because the way it's installed.
    04-16-2016 09:55 AM
    The 1520 has been coming in handy for my musical productions. I use it as an auxiliary audio source playing a backing track through the headphone/line out into my PC's line in and into the mixing/recording application. This would be while using the 6S Plus to record the 4K video of it all. (Which is just much faster at all of that: recording, saving, deleting, re-starting etc)

Of course if I wasn't recording video, I'd just use the 6S Plus to perform the same function that I'm using the 1520 for... It is nice to have alternative devices to use though!
    04-16-2016 10:00 AM
    BMWs notoriously difficult to repair and cost a fortune to fix.

We have a slight issue with our exhaust at the moment and the mechanic thinks it's the catalytic converter... Over 400 (after market) for the part, four hours to replace it. Simply because the way it's installed.
    Yes Sir, BMW, Mercedes, all of those German makes are expensive to repair.

That sounds about right for the going rate for a Cat swap. It's no easy task on any make really, as the entire exhaust system has to be removed for the most part. I'm sure BMW has it tucked waaaay up in there where it's as much of a PITA as possible lol
    04-16-2016 10:07 AM
    In other news, I downloaded and installed the latest Fast Ring build on the 1520 last night just for s-h-i-t-s and giggles. Seems pretty good after giving everything a quick once over. I think I've got to reformat my sd card though.
    I'm going to wait till msft Sends a build to the slow ring. Just because the fast ring right now seems risky
    04-16-2016 10:56 AM
    Now I really believe in WM10. If they keep doing things like they did in this build, then there's so much to come. They've finally done some things that were asked for on user voice. Can't wait to see what new features will be added.
    I can't wait for messaging everywhere
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-16-2016 10:57 AM
    Wow. Slow night in here... it's been 2 and a half hours since the last post! Mine...
    I was out playing indoor soccer. The game as intense a guy from the other team got a sprained ankle and one from My team got kneed in the head and got knocked out he blacked out. They took him to the hospital.
    04-16-2016 11:00 AM
    I'm doing a mid-Sahib crazy session... trying to catch up!
    You too Ed?
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-16-2016 11:10 AM
    I'm going to wait till msft Sends a build to the slow ring. Just because the fast ring right now seems risky
    I don't mind now, as the 1520 isn't my daily driver anymore... bring on the Fast Ring builds!
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-16-2016 11:46 AM
    You too Ed?
    Don't worry, you're just merely an easy target...if you were the real butt of the jokes, you'd be in trouble...

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-16-2016 01:34 PM
    I was out playing indoor soccer. The game as intense a guy from the other team got a sprained ankle and one from My team got kneed in the head and got knocked out he blacked out. They took him to the hospital.
    Hope they both are OK. Some folks just don't know how to play the sport well and are a danger to everyone on the pitch....

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    04-16-2016 01:35 PM
    Headed home for the night. Need to do laundry and a few other things.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-16-2016 01:35 PM
143,631 ... 48524853485448554856 ...