Short version, since I've been using a G4 for three weeks going into a month now...

6.0.1 helps out in terms of improving the standby time. Doze is really great on this thing. Once you hit go and start using it, it's a typical LG phone (outside of the V10) where it is a gas guzzler. When i use mine on wifi at work, this thing eats power faster than a hungry Sahib on two Tri tip sandwiches.

Otherwise, reviews are on point. Nice screen - except for in direct sunlight, camera is good, loudspeaker is useless, 808 runs well mostly but has its moments to lag (that's why I use Nova and not the LG launcher), quick charger is the **** and the swappable battery is the **** times 2. Try one with a leather back as that ceramic plastic is a rip off like the price of food these days.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Really Mia really :p you had to use me
    04-19-2016 07:43 PM
    Well today is done for me. Today was the opening of little Cesar's ! There was a line:p
    Howz the crime rate up there :)

We haven't been robbed in a while down here.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    04-19-2016 08:06 PM
    Holy mother of all home recording studio forums!

http://homerecording.com/bbs/

And this has been happening a lot to me lately ---> why am I just now finding this site?
    04-19-2016 08:35 PM
    Yaaaay! I finally got one reply in my PC gaming peripherals thread! Thanks Stephen!
    04-19-2016 10:33 PM
    Shot with your Z3? If so, very nice...

G4 Approved
    It is my Z3. It takes a good shot. It's like any point and shoot. In the right conditions and in the right hands it takes a decent picture but never fantastic.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-19-2016 11:12 PM
    Really Mia really :p you had to use me
    Had to. It had the most punch, so I went with it.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-19-2016 11:14 PM
    Good to know MIA.
    Sounds like it's right up my alley, not perfect...but who wants perfect when we will always want imperfections anyway :)
    It's a good phone. I like it alot, and I really like the G5, contrary to all the negative stuff out on it. I'd make the upgrade to a G5, but (just like my G4), won't use it as a daily driver because of the battery woes.

G4 Approved
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-19-2016 11:16 PM
    It is my Z3. It takes a good shot. It's like any point and shoot. In the right conditions and in the right hands it takes a decent picture but never fantastic.
    When the Z3 is on, it is very good. Just wasn't on consistently enough for me...that's why I dropped it and didn't take the Z5 as it isn't that much of an improvement for the price...

I still miss it...

G4 Approved
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-19-2016 11:17 PM
    Nice! I too, prefer to live near the coast. I'm about 30-40 minute drive from the Atlantic, then there's the mighty 3 mile wide St. John's river right here in town about 10 minutes away, as well as several large lakes... Always makes for great photo shoot backdrops!
    I grew up in Toronto so I lived near Lake Ontario, short distance by bike.

It wasn't until I moved to Australia that I lived near a coast and water again. Pacific ocean and Brisbane River.

Now I'm about 10 mind to the coast which is nice. With the weather getting warmer I hope to spend more time there.
    04-19-2016 11:18 PM
    When the Z3 is on, it is very good. Just wasn't on consistently enough for me...that's why I dropped it and didn't take the Z5 as it isn't that much of an improvement for the price...

I still miss it...

G4 Approved
    I'm curious to see if 6 will be a good upgrade on the camera. Not that I find it bad now though.

I have no idea what my next phone will be. It's a waiting game at the moment and since I'm not exactly rolling in it, there's no hurry. It's looking like 2017 unless something happens to my Z3.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-19-2016 11:23 PM
    I'm curious to see if 6 will be a good upgrade on the camera. Not that I find it bad now though.

I have no idea what my next phone will be. It's a waiting game at the moment and since I'm not exactly rolling in it, there's no hurry. It's looking like 2017 unless something happens to my Z3.
    Um, there is no Z6. Sony retired the Z line in favor of the new X series. The high end is the X performance, which uses the S820 chip. The camera is an improved version of the Z5's. Still no OIS ( so automatically I'm not interested) and now, no 4K recording. Some prelim shots I saw look decent, but I'm not hopeful.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_x-review-1425.php

Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    04-19-2016 11:41 PM
    Do any of the carrier stores (here in the U.S.) carry the 6P? I'd really like to go fondle one.
    Some Best Buy stores have them. You'd have to check their website to see if any are available in stores near you.

The carrier stores won't sell the 6P or 5X, since both are unlocked and unbranded. It's like the way it is with the iPhone. You have to go to the Apple Store for a SIM free iPhone. The difference is that all carriers sell locked iPhones, so it's not hard to find an iPhone to play with in any store.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 04-20-2016 at 12:07 AM.
    MSFTisMIA, Guytronic and Ed Boland like this.
    04-19-2016 11:46 PM

I would like to test drive the G5, Nextbit Robin and the HTC 10 this year. I don't know if I will get to do any of the three, but I'd like to. Not really interested in anything else. I'm still very content with keeping what I have.

04-20-2016 12:13 AM
    The HTC 10 looks nice
    04-20-2016 12:13 AM
    Howz the crime rate up there :)

We haven't been robbed in a while down here.

No robbing , or police chase . actually now that I think about it, nothing really major has happened as for crimes committed in Orland. There was murder 5 years ago. That's the only recent one
    04-20-2016 12:38 AM
    Had to. It had the most punch, so I went with it.

G4 Approved

I will say what I always say ...i didn't see that comming :p
    04-20-2016 12:41 AM
    Really Mia reallyyou had to use me
    At least he is not suing you!
    And since you aren't mentioning tri tip these days....someone had to😀
    04-20-2016 01:05 AM
    I will say what I always say ...i didn't see that comming :p
    Face Palm!
    04-20-2016 01:07 AM
    Um, there is no Z6. Sony retired the Z line in favor of the new X series. The high end is the X performance, which uses the S820 chip. The camera is an improved version of the Z5's. Still no OIS ( so automatically I'm not interested) and now, no 4K recording. Some prelim shots I saw look decent, but I'm not hopeful.

Sony Xperia X hands-on: A closer look - GSMArena.com

I know the Z series is pretty much obsolete so I'm not going to bother with the Z5 now. I don't know what to make of the X series yet but I'm not sure I'll stick with Sony. At this stage the X series doesn't do much for me.

But in general nothing really appeals to me. That's why it's 2017 for the next phone or mini tablet as they're trying to push here on WC. :P
    04-20-2016 01:28 AM
    No robbing , or police chase . actually now that I think about it, nothing really major has happened as for crimes committed in Orland. There was murder 5 years ago. That's the only recent one
    There was a shooting here yesterday.
    The perp was on the run for a while.

Sacramento has always been a good hideout for parolees on a crime spree.
    I'd like to move up to Los Molinos or Red Bluff to escape this BS down here...
    04-20-2016 01:34 AM
    Morning gang... It's Hump Day!
    04-20-2016 06:56 AM
    I know the Z series is pretty much obsolete so I'm not going to bother with the Z5 now. I don't know what to make of the X series yet but I'm not sure I'll stick with Sony. At this stage the X series doesn't do much for me.

But in general nothing really appeals to me. That's why it's 2017 for the next phone or mini tablet as they're trying to push here on WC. :P
    I'll never understand why a company dominating the sensor sales is so horrid in camera software. That's the one thing I like about Samsung: it's leveraging the parts of its conglomerate better than Sony for the mobile division.

Until Sony makes a good camera all around, I'll pass.

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-20-2016 06:56 AM
    Morning folks. Another trip to the funny farm awaits...

G4 Approved
    04-20-2016 06:57 AM
    I'll never understand why a company dominating the sensor sales is so horrid in camera software. That's the one thing I like about Samsung: it's leveraging the parts of its conglomerate better than Sony for the mobile division.

Until Sony makes a good camera all around, I'll pass.

G4 Approved
    It's almost like they don't talk to each other. Kind of like the way MS used to be....
    04-20-2016 06:59 AM
    Anyone wanna buy a used Nvidia GTX 295 dual GPU video card? This is a very powerful gaming card... Problem is though, is that it's a DirectX 10 card. It will not run newer titles that require DirectX11 hardware.

I'm thinking of asking $100 OBO (which is sad because back in 2010, this was a $675 card new)
    sahib lopez likes this.
    04-20-2016 07:15 AM
144,172 ... 48684869487048714872 ...