I guess it served it's purpose though...
    04-20-2016 07:17 AM
    Ed if I had a desktop PC I would consider it. Thing is I don't game and don't need that level of power... oh well.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-20-2016 07:21 AM
    Wow.. I totally "need" this sound card! It's got a separate "daughter card" to handle input and recording. Also has a 600 Ohm headphone amp and the whole nine yards..

Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCIe 124dB SNR Sound Card with 600ohm Headphone Amp and Desktop Audio Control Module - Newegg.com

image.jpeg
    04-20-2016 07:30 AM
    Ed if I had a desktop PC I would consider it. Thing is I don't game and don't need that level of power... oh well.
    It'd be a great card for someone who still plays older DX10 games.

Besides gaming (though it is geared toward gamers), it also would add a ton of graphical processing power for heavy video editing and such, far beyond the capabilities of an onboard proprietary video chipset.
    04-20-2016 07:37 AM
    Coffee!
    04-20-2016 07:42 AM
    Y'know what else I need... a new computer chair! Damn this thing hurts my azz...
    04-20-2016 07:45 AM
    It's almost like they don't talk to each other. Kind of like the way MS used to be....
    Well, Sony has been restructuring for the better part of 10(!) years, so I'm not surprised. The truth of the matter is that I like the idea of where they've settled with the X line. This rumored X Premium phone makes no sense to me though. I think they took the best of the compact and OG Z phones and makes something compelling. The S652 chip is as good as the 808.

But the truth is that Samsung now offers water resistance and may do so for a while. HTC has arguably equalled Sony's audio chops, maybe surpassed them in other areas too. So...what do they have to offer to stand out? The UI, while light looking, takes too much work for updates. They may want to take the HTC approach and pare down their skin even more to pump out quicker updates.

Sony doesn't have a strategy, so they'll always overprice their stuff and watch people not buy it.

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-20-2016 08:24 AM
    I'm tired and would have stayed home if I wasn't working with the group of peer educators today. They've got today's meeting to prep for their trial run group facilitation next week before doing the live workshop in two weeks. I'm going get very grumpy today if they're lollygagging and time wasting in the meeting...

G4 Approved
    04-20-2016 08:28 AM
    There was a shooting here yesterday.
    The perp was on the run for a while.

Sacramento has always been a good hideout for parolees on a crime spree.
    I'd like to move up to Los Molinos or Red Bluff to escape this BS down here...

Los molinos? Man that place is super and I mean super quite. The only thing you would have to worry about is if you get cell service :p
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-20-2016 08:39 AM
    Morning gang... It's Hump Day!

Which means it's comic book day...or so says my history teacher o.O
    04-20-2016 08:41 AM
    At least he is not suing you!
    And since you aren't mentioning tri tip these days....someone had to😀

Times are tough, tri-tip going up a dollar makes it harder to choose it over pizza.
    04-20-2016 08:45 AM
    Wow.. I totally "need" this sound card! It's got a separate "daughter card" to handle input and recording. Also has a 600 Ohm headphone amp and the whole nine yards..

Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCIe 124dB SNR Sound Card with 600ohm Headphone Amp and Desktop Audio Control Module - Newegg.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	570.9 KB 
ID:	125341

Man I can't wait to build my new computer rig. I just got to choose a new case, mobo,cpu,and ram.
    04-20-2016 08:47 AM
    Morning gang... It's Hump Day!
    Morning Ed. It's a very busy day today at work.
    04-20-2016 08:47 AM
    I'll never understand why a company dominating the sensor sales is so horrid in camera software. That's the one thing I like about Samsung: it's leveraging the parts of its conglomerate better than Sony for the mobile division.

Until Sony makes a good camera all around, I'll pass.

G4 Approved
    *cough, cough*
    You will still run out and buy a smartwatch, some accessories and a tablet though, right?
    04-20-2016 08:49 AM
    Morning folks. Another trip to the funny farm awaits...

G4 Approved
    Maybe some days, I hope it's actually funny😀
    04-20-2016 08:50 AM
    Well, Sony has been restructuring for the better part of 10(!) years, so I'm not surprised. The truth of the matter is that I like the idea of where they've settled with the X line. This rumored X Premium phone makes no sense to me though. I think they took the best of the compact and OG Z phones and makes something compelling. The S652 chip is as good as the 808.

But the truth is that Samsung now offers water resistance and may do so for a while. HTC has arguably equalled Sony's audio chops, maybe surpassed them in other areas too. So...what do they have to offer to stand out? The UI, while light looking, takes too much work for updates. They may want to take the HTC approach and pare down their skin even more to pump out quicker updates.

Sony doesn't have a strategy, so they'll always overprice their stuff and watch people not buy it.

G4 Approved
    They need to do a cool yoga maneuver and pull their head out of their collective posteriors.
    04-20-2016 08:52 AM
    Looking at (and drooling over) headphones... these HD600's look pretty good. For a $400 pair of cans, they better be! There's some pretty lengthy, and quite technical reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0199A...pUvbUpU3466864
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-20-2016 09:10 AM
    Morning Ed. It's a very busy day today at work.
    I can imagine.. I don't go in until 4pm today (which I hate!) so I'm just home chillin this morning.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-20-2016 09:12 AM
    *cough, cough*
    You will still run out and buy a smartwatch, some accessories and a tablet though, right?
    You mean HAD, not WILL.

Honestly, if you wanted one watch to do it all, the Sony SW3 was the best Gen 1 wear option. Get the metal one and buy 2 straps and you can switch up the look easily based on your flare. The Z3 tablet compact is still one of the best 8" around.

But Sony makes ****, believes you'll buy it just because, and when it doesn't, they act surprised...

G4 Approved
    04-20-2016 09:38 AM
    Maybe some days, I hope it's actually funny😀
    "Hell no!"

It's more sad than anything else these days...

G4 Approved
    04-20-2016 09:39 AM
    Well, I guess I have been posting a lot in this thread lol

image.jpg
    worldspy99 likes this.
    04-20-2016 10:31 AM
    Best satire piece today...

Oh, thank heaven! We now know how Trump will make America great again.

Its very close to my heart because I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen down at 7-Eleven, down at the World Trade Center right after it came down, and I saw the greatest people Ive ever seen in action. Donald Trump, Apr...

The Washington Post - Tuesday, April 19, 2016

http://a.msn.com/r/2/BBrZstX?a=1&m=EN-US
    04-20-2016 12:37 PM
    Well, I guess I have been posting a lot in this thread lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	125343
    Good job Ed.

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-20-2016 12:48 PM
    They need to do a cool yoga maneuver and pull their head out of their collective posteriors.
    They don't even know where their head is or where their *** is...so how can they know to pull their head out of their ***?

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-20-2016 12:50 PM
    Well, half my face hurts and I'm in a grump mood.

If anybody gets any butthurt over my comments (especially those offline), they need to put on some ointment and wear loose clothing before sitting down...

G4 Approved
    04-20-2016 12:52 PM
142,845 ... 48694870487148724873 ...