The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    The little people make the world go round. I have the same level of respect for the sanitation worker as I do for astrophysicists (the only folks I don't care for are politrickians).

Contemporary society loves too much flash and high end stuff. It annoys me to no end...

G4 Approved
    Politicians and clergy, I have time for neither.

You can add lawyers and accountants into that if you like. I personally think accounting is evil...
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-03-2016 10:16 AM
    Finals starting tomorrow, writing essay about Ana Karenina and one other Slovene book. I'm nervous, hope it goes well, currently I have hadache and no idea what should I be revising.
    05-03-2016 10:26 AM
    Since I've worked in various positions in life and because I'm in engineering and have seen different processes we often ignore the little things that make our lives easier and we forget that even though there's a level of automation behind those things there's also people required to keep things ticking.

All is good so long as you have water to drink and your waste goes somewhere.

I believe when waste removal employees go on strike is when people start to realise how important they are. Same goes for any 'service' we tend to ignore on a daily basis.

I don't believe in 'little people' as the rich tend to think of them and look down their noses at them. We're all human and those little people's jobs are probably more important than theirs 80% of the time...
    Reminds me of Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club...

(A quote from the book)

Remember this. The people you're trying to step on, we're everyone you depend on. We're the people who do your laundry and cook your food and serve your dinner. We make your bed. We guard you while you're asleep. We drive the ambulances. We direct your call. We are cooks and taxi drivers and we know everything about you. We process your insurance claims and credit card charges. We control every part of your life.

We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but we won't. And we're just learning this fact. So don't f#%k with us.
    05-03-2016 10:39 AM
    I'm a sanitation worker at work today...cleaning up messes that colleagues have made. Sigh...

G4 Approved
    When I used to be a program manager running a huge R&D program, the saying was that you are basically the person that offers up people TP to wipe their posteriors....nothing is too low to get the program to move forward....I am glad I am not in that role or the company anymore!
    05-03-2016 11:44 AM
    When I used to be a program manager running a huge R&D program, the saying was that you are basically the person that offers up people TP to wipe their posteriors....nothing is too low to get the program to move forward....I am glad I am not in that role or the company anymore!
    But when you have to clean up after people who think they're the ****, but in reality don't know ****, it gets to be a very ****ty job...especially when you're underpaid...

G4 Approved
    05-03-2016 01:25 PM
    I went XL!

Hmmm...it is compact for a 5.7", not that much bigger than the G4. We'll see how this goes...

G4 Approved
    05-03-2016 01:26 PM
    I went XL!

Hmmm...it is compact for a 5.7", not that much bigger than the G4. We'll see how this goes...

G4 Approved
    Mini review!
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-03-2016 01:56 PM
    The little people make the world go round. I have the same level of respect for the sanitation worker as I do for astrophysicists (the only folks I don't care for are politrickians).

Contemporary society loves too much flash and high end stuff. It annoys me to no end...

G4 Approved
    Society has always idolised the wealthy or the powerful. It's a habit I wish we'd break personally.

It's probably a throwback from our evolution and part of the reason why we still have a hierarchical society. Our natural instincts override our common sense.

Though that's just a guess and going by other natural instinctive traits we carry still.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 05-03-2016 at 11:26 PM.
    05-03-2016 02:18 PM
    Mini review!
    I'm waiting for an accompanying accessory and then I'll bust it out next week for a test run.

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-03-2016 02:22 PM
    Society has always idolised the wealthy or the powerful. It's a habit of wish we'd break personally.

It's probably a throwback from our evolution and part of the reason why we still have a hierarchal society. Our natural instincts override our common sense.

Though that's just a guess and going by other natural instinctive traits we carry still.
    Sad, but true. And you wonder why we have some of the problems that we currently have today...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    05-03-2016 02:22 PM
    I need a cold beer...

G4 Approved
    05-03-2016 03:01 PM
    I need a cold beer...

G4 Approved

I still have 4 more hours to go so only cold water for me 😊
    05-03-2016 03:12 PM
    I still have 4 more hours to go so only cold water for me 😊
    I can send you alcohol that looks like water color wise if you want...

G4 Approved
    05-03-2016 05:54 PM
    I can send you alcohol that looks like water color wise if you want...

G4 Approved
    No thanks...
    05-03-2016 06:04 PM
    Well that was a quick read ..
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    05-03-2016 11:13 PM
    I need a cold beer...

G4 Approved
    There's still people at my work who do the pub to thing at lunch. Not every day but often.

Since I don't drink often I can smell alcohol very easily.

I'm not against drinking but I'm not a fan of the 'cultural' drinking mindset that exists.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    05-03-2016 11:33 PM
    There's still people at my work who do the pub to thing at lunch. Not every day but often.

Since I don't drink often I can smell alcohol very easily.

I'm not against drinking but I'm not a fan of the 'cultural' drinking mindset that exists.
    I cannot do that at work. You get fired if you get caught drinking during work hours.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    05-03-2016 11:57 PM
    No thanks...
    Not surprised you declined...

05-03-2016 11:57 PM
    Well that was a quick read ..
    I had dinner with my sister. It was a working dinner, but it was good. Pictures are up in the eats thread. I used my G4 and did not use the flash at all.

Pretty impressed.

05-03-2016 11:58 PM
    Morning folks. My G4 while at the GF's decided it hated T-Mobile and kept disconnecting from the network - both calls and data. Gonna grab a new sim card to see if that'll do the trick...

G4 Approved
    Got a new SIM card and no help...the G4 looks to be allergic to giv ING me good signal at the GF's now.

Very strange. Makes me miss Moto and Nokia...these two would get signal in some of the weirdest places...

05-04-2016 12:00 AM
    I cannot do that at work. You get fired if you get caught drinking during work hours.

Same here...
    05-04-2016 12:00 AM
    Got the HEX sleeve for my SP3 today, really nice piece of kit!
    05-04-2016 12:01 AM

It's only Australia and here in the UK that having a 'Friday drink' as they call it is still common at lunch time, though not as popular as it used to be here in the UK. I found in Australia it was a common thing.

Lots of people have a drink at lunch time in Australia and the UK still, not just on Friday.

Saying that, on construction sites I've been on it's immediate dismissal if you're caught drinking at all or still drunk from the night before (common thing with big drinkers). That's fairly common practice now.
    05-04-2016 01:23 AM
    Got the HEX sleeve for my SP3 today, really nice piece of kit!
    Pictures please!
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-04-2016 01:42 AM
    Not having Mother's Day at the same time is rather frustrating... :/
    Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    05-04-2016 04:36 AM
142,729 ... 49144915491649174918 ...