The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    There's generally two types of conspiracy theories.

Those that have an element of truth to them, so that if they came out as being true then you're not really surprised by it. Like the Panama Papers or even the government 'spying' on people.

Then there's the real what I call 'wacky' stuff. Aliens, chemtrails, 9/11 truthers and other weird nonsense.
    Chemtrails were hugely popular around here. Everyone was talking about, there were even shows about it. Now, I never payed attention to the sky that much, after all, I'm not mentally ill to stare at it for two hours just to see whether that trail is gonna stay there or not.
    But there's wacky stuff, as you call them, that have turned out to be true, at least partially. After the floods we had here we were getting all sorts of donations, amongst which were raspberry plants from Ukraine or Poland, can't really remember. Long story short, conspiracy theorists were right about them 'cause they were ill and had destroyes other, healthy, plants and the soil, which will be unusable for the next few years. Why did they send it to us, we were competition.
    05-16-2016 09:59 AM
    Just had a lunch, going to rest a bit more, and then I'm off to study Psychology. "Just" 70 pages to learn.
    05-16-2016 10:01 AM
    Chemtrails were hugely popular around here. Everyone was talking about, there were even shows about it. Now, I never payed attention to the sky that much, after all, I'm not mentally ill to stare at it for two hours just to see whether that trail is gonna stay there or not.
    But there's wacky stuff, as you call them, that have turned out to be true, at least partially. After the floods we had here we were getting all sorts of donations, amongst which were raspberry plants from Ukraine or Poland, can't really remember. Long story short, conspiracy theorists were right about them 'cause they were ill and had destroyes other, healthy, plants and the soil, which will be unusable for the next few years. Why did they send it to us, we were competition.
    Well that's an example of some level of 'truth' to them and not so much of a conspiracy. That's just plain nasty. Chemtrails on the other hand make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Rose640 and sahib lopez like this.
    05-16-2016 10:07 AM
    Well that's an example of some level of 'truth' to them and not so much of a conspiracy. That's just plain nasty. Chemtrails on the other hand make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    What about HAARP? lol
    05-16-2016 10:23 AM
    Holy crap I totally forgot about DOOM! What am I doing?
    N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    05-16-2016 10:34 AM
    What about HAARP? lol
    Don't get me started on that. LOL! That's just a science experiment that ignorant people get 'scared' about because they don't understand it. Like most science that people don't understand.

I'm still struggling with the anti-vax ideas...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-16-2016 10:39 AM
    Oh, here's the Peavy Bandit 112 "Red Stripe"

image.jpeg
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-16-2016 10:42 AM
    Autocorrect took over. I meant you'll "clean house eventually".

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ah, gotcha! Yeah, I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for people like these. They'll never see it coming...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-16-2016 10:44 AM
    Boy, time flies when you get hit with a complicated case...almost lunch time...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-16-2016 10:50 AM
    Btw, the other day when we were talking about vinyl, I decided to go dig my vinyl LPs out of storage. For some reason I was thinking that I was missing like half of my collection, but then I remembered a while back I actually got rid of a bunch of LPs that I would never listen to. I wanted to scale down my collection to a more manageable size. If anyone's ever owned a good size vinyl collection, you know how heavy they are, and what a PITA they are to move.

Of course I kept all the best stuff! Classic rock, metal, etc... I now have just a few hundred LPs, but all good stuff!

image.jpeg
    worldspy99, MSFTisMIA and Rose640 like this.
    05-16-2016 11:18 AM
    Good morning everyone!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-16-2016 11:22 AM
    Hi Ed, I might dust off some of my LPs and play one or two this week :-)
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    05-16-2016 11:23 AM
    I leave the thread for a day or two and all hell breaks loose with rue getting a new car. What went wrong with the beema? Just high fuel cost? We got new cars around the same time last year, don't think I'm gonna get a new one now though
    Last edited by Muessig; 05-16-2016 at 04:23 PM.
    05-16-2016 12:03 PM
    Thanks.. I'm not sure what you mean by "an house" but I've been playing this game a lot longer than these people I'm dealing with now. Like I was saying, it's just going to take a little time, but when mistakes happen and something goes wrong, (and it will) everything will be lined up just right to where there will be nobody else to blame but my prime target. They don't understand that this ain't my first rodeo lol...
    Hey Ed, here's another thought to the point i raised earlier about change in the perceptions of work standards.

So, I'm walking in the hallway at work and deputy director pulled me to the side. She decided to give me a compliment stating she likes how the fact that I am on time and I don't call out from work, since i was sick two months ago. I'm like in my head "but this is what I'm paid to do...show up on time and work".

She then decides to be a little snarky and say - "I told your supervisor that if your team ever has a week where you all show up on time and don't call out, I'll buy the first round of drinks. I don't think I'll be doing that soon".

I'm thinking in my head: "shower me with a raise and not drinks..., not because i merely show up to work on time, but I've been good at my job for 9 years."

Posted via Moto Maxx
    05-16-2016 01:17 PM
    Don't get me started on that. LOL! That's just a science experiment that ignorant people get 'scared' about because they don't understand it. Like most science that people don't understand.

I'm still struggling with the anti-vax ideas...
    Ah, the never ending saga betwen science and ignorance. They started doing that crap here too, but they don't have many 'followers', people were getting those since forever, and there's no reason to change that, 'cause you know, it's good for us and stuff like that. But it seems that some people are too ignorant and stubborn to realise that.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-16-2016 01:34 PM
    Btw, the other day when we were talking about vinyl, I decided to go dig my vinyl LPs out of storage. For some reason I was thinking that I was missing like half of my collection, but then I remembered a while back I actually got rid of a bunch of LPs that I would never listen to. I wanted to scale down my collection to a more manageable size. If anyone's ever owned a good size vinyl collection, you know how heavy they are, and what a PITA they are to move.

Of course I kept all the best stuff! Classic rock, metal, etc... I now have just a few hundred LPs, but all good stuff!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	126425
    Is that the disco era KISS vinyl?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-16-2016 01:36 PM
    Soo, I thought it was 70 pages, turns out it's more of a 90. Anyway, I'm half way through, gonna take a break for at least a 30 minutes and then go back and hopefully learn at least another 20.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-16-2016 01:38 PM
    Uhh, in which point of my life am I going to need the knowledge of how emotions are made, or what types of studying there are. I mean, all of this stuff are happening automatically, I know that's the point of Psychology, but I just don't want to go this deep into that stuff.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-16-2016 01:43 PM
    You know, this whole Psychology situation would have been so much easier if I hadn't gotten that F the other day for beeing a total jerk. I definetely deserved it and regret it even more.
    05-16-2016 01:46 PM
    Me and my long tongue. I need to get my sh** together and learn how to keep my mouth shut.
    sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-16-2016 01:48 PM
    You know, this whole Psychology situation would have been so much easier if I hadn't gotten that F the other day for beeing a total jerk. I definetely deserved it and regret it even more.
    And this is why it doesn't pay to "skull" classes...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    05-16-2016 01:53 PM
    And this is why it doesn't pay to "skull" classes...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Well I haven't skulled this one yet, only PE, English, Bosnian and Informatics.
    I got an F for crossing the line betwen joking with professor and being disrespectful.
    05-16-2016 01:59 PM
    This Bosnian keyboard isn't bad at all ... Missing 'only' two characters, not to mention how narrow it is.
    05-16-2016 02:00 PM
    Is that the disco era KISS vinyl?
    You're not knowing your KISS albums lol... That's their very first self titled album from 1974.

The album you're referring to is the Dynasty (1979) album which I have also. I have all of their old albums from the original "make up" days...

image.jpeg
    05-16-2016 02:05 PM
    I know some people who would act like the woman in this clip...

https://plus.google.com/+DominiqueNo...ts/SP9Q2PCk7Gi

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-16-2016 02:08 PM
142,736 ... 49454946494749484949 ...