Sony Lumia 920, sorry I mean Sony Xperia XZ anyone?
    Sony unveils Xperia XZ flagship and Xperia X Compact - GSMArena.com news
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-01-2016 06:59 AM
    Sony's head is so far up their asses they can just remove their appendix while they're at it.

I don't see them lasting more than 3 more years in mobile.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    sahib lopez likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:00 AM
    That review is incorrect on a lot of points the one on AC is far more accurate and well worth a read.

Sony Xperia XZ review: Return of the flagship | Android Central

Sony Xperia XZ + X Compact specs | Android Central
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:09 AM
    It's unfortunate that the compact edition has a mid range processor and no IP67/8 rating.

I'll be curious what the prices will be like... well I know they'll be sky high.

I am slightly intrigued though. If they fix the camera issues mentioned in the AC review it could be a killer phone. I don't mind the design of the XZ and I think the blue is rather nice.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-01-2016 08:17 AM
    It's unfortunate that the compact edition has a mid range processor and no IP67/8 rating.

I'll be curious what the prices will be like... well I know they'll be sky high.

I am slightly intrigued though. If they fix the camera issues mentioned in the AC review it could be a killer phone. I don't mind the design of the XZ and I think the blue is rather nice.
    So it's not bad but not any better than competition and it will cost same if not more. Don't see sense in that. And 720p screen on X Compact? I mean it is not awful but not really that good.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:27 AM
    Seems the switch was flipped on my Bing Rewards changing to Microsoft rewards this morning... looks like everything adds up the same, just times 10...

Today happens to be a double point day for me, so the daily totals are double, but:
    Instead of 1 point for every 2 searches, you now get 5 points per search
    Daily offers that were 1 point are now 10 points.

msr.png
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    09-01-2016 08:40 AM
    So it's not bad but not any better than competition and it will cost same if not more. Don't see sense in that. And 720p screen on X Compact? I mean it is not awful but not really that good.
    The compact appears to be a hybrid flagship mid range device. It's typical Sony to fudge things that were working. All their compact series phones have been 720p but they should have updated it by now to HD. Make the XZ with a higher density HD screen. I don't think 2K is really needed either.

Not entirely sure why they're shipping this with Marshmallow either, but then, it's Sony.

If they fix the camera it will probably be the best one out there. Which is what intrigues me about XZ. The rest is pretty much what I know now with the Z3, which suits me just fine.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:42 AM
    Just wish we were on W10 at work so I could get points for using Edge throughout the day
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    09-01-2016 08:55 AM
    Should have waited a bit. The will probably drop more once there's a clearer picture what Brexit will look like.
    There are more items from the UK that I want to purchase.
    09-01-2016 12:31 PM
    Seems the switch was flipped on my Bing Rewards changing to Microsoft rewards this morning... looks like everything adds up the same, just times 10...

Today happens to be a double point day for me, so the daily totals are double, but:
    Instead of 1 point for every 2 searches, you now get 5 points per search
    Daily offers that were 1 point are now 10 points.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MSR.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	130092
    The Amazon gift cards are gone, which means that I'll use Bing less. I mainly used it for the Amazon gift card rewards. I cashed out last week when I was still able to get 5 $5 Amazon gift cards.
    09-01-2016 12:34 PM
    The Amazon gift cards are gone, which means that I'll use Bing less. I mainly used it for the Amazon gift card rewards. I cashed out last week when I was still able to get 5 $5 Amazon gift cards.
    I'm still seeing the Amazon gift cards...

amazon.png
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-01-2016 03:09 PM
    I still see the $5 Amazon gift card too :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:02 PM
    Um, Sahib...

https://plus.google.com/108417447636...ts/AiA6tE7WfK7

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    That's me at times when im texting lol. It's just sad state of affairs
    09-01-2016 04:14 PM
    Um, Sahib...

https://plus.google.com/108417447636...ts/AiA6tE7WfK7

09-01-2016 04:14 PM
    Sahib broke the autocorrect in the way Kim K. tried to break the internet...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Auto correct on ios is the worst offender for me :o
    09-01-2016 04:15 PM
    the two M330 came back from the supplier with 10586 and will remain that way until Microsoft gets off their *** and solve the scaling problem.
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-01-2016 07:47 PM
    I'm no longer surprised as Microsoft broke the Wi-Fi adapter driver on the latest insider build for my Surface Pro.
    09-01-2016 09:13 PM
    Auto correct on ios is the worst offender for me :o
    Your spelling is a worse offender than any overzealous autocorrect...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Rose640 likes this.
    09-01-2016 09:43 PM
    I'm no longer surprised as Microsoft broke the Wi-Fi adapter driver on the latest insider build for my Surface Pro.
    Fix one thing, break two others. Sounds about right...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-01-2016 09:43 PM

We've been waiting for 4 years for Sony to the really improve the camera. Call me skeptical, but I'm expecting another incremental improvement.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    09-01-2016 09:47 PM
    The compact appears to be a hybrid flagship mid range device. It's typical Sony to fudge things that were working. All their compact series phones have been 720p but they should have updated it by now to HD. Make the XZ with a higher density HD screen. I don't think 2K is really needed either.

Not entirely sure why they're shipping this with Marshmallow either, but then, it's Sony.

If they fix the camera it will probably be the best one out there. Which is what intrigues me about XZ. The rest is pretty much what I know now with the Z3, which suits me just fine.
    As a former Z3 user, Sony strayed away from good battery life and didn't improve the camera. I just wished that they made most of their services apps you download from the Play Store. The theming engine to me got nerfed from 5.0, so pare the thing back further.

Clean up the lineup. The truth is Sony has a good idea, but messed it up as only Sony can.

I'd split the line up the following way:

Z series the annual flagship to compete with the Galaxy S line. $550 price. Use a 5.2" 2K screen here, and bundle your PlayStation VR efforts here.

The X line be the mid ranger to move units and priced a little below the $400 sweet spot. Go to a 4.6" 1080P screen at $400 price. Use Qualcomm mid range chip here, and keep the rest of the specs the same as the flagship.

The XA line as the base model for $250. Use the mid level MediaTek chip here.

The XA Ultra line as the big screen media junkie phone for $300. Use the high end MediaTek chip here.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-01-2016 10:02 PM
    I'm still seeing the Amazon gift cards...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazon.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	130096
    It's back for me now, which is good.
    09-01-2016 11:04 PM
    Morning folks.

I still like the HTC 10 and G5, especially the G5. The problem I have in getting either one of these devices, especially the G5, is that their strengths over the Mi 5 aren't enough to warrant both the price difference and the effort needed to acquire them...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:36 AM
    Flagship flops are always a double edged purchase. On one hand, they're a great buy, because depending on the manufacturer you can find them at good deal. For example, I can now get a G5 for $425 brand new and unlocked.

On the other hand, if the company has no rep, they'll bury the phone and you won't get updates. This is why Sammy and Apple can charge what they charge - you get a better overall experience.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    09-02-2016 06:20 AM
    My Lumia 640 got updated to Version 1607 OTA a couple of days ago. A few observations:
    1. Definitely seems smoother
    2. I like the new notifications
    3. Battery life is much improved
    4. Airplane mode toggle on/off doesn't necessarily turn the radios on, have to do it manually and restarting the phone does not help.

More to come later.
    09-02-2016 11:51 AM
142,757 ... 51175118511951205121 ...