I'm quite happy with the latest official WM10 on the Lumia 640. I'll post a mini review tomorrow.
    09-05-2016 12:07 PM
    I won't laugh, I promise.... I will explain the pun later😁
    OK.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    09-05-2016 12:09 PM
    I'm quite happy with the latest official WM10 on the Lumia 640. I'll post a mini review tomorrow.
    Well, looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Sometimes I miss WP. I'm almost tempted to get one and another wear watch...

sahib lopez likes this.
    09-05-2016 12:16 PM
    I've lived in four countries now, one that wasn't English. All places have their good and bad points.

Not knowing anyone while going to college isn't a bad thing. Good age to make friends and so on.

Where were you planning to go? Also, lots of young people in other countries have learned English as a second language.
    It wouldn't be such a problem if it was UK or somewhere else where they speak English. It's German that's the problem, never had sympathies for this one. I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to Rammstein's lyrics, lol.

It's Austria we're talking about. Now that I've mentioned it, it came to me that there are in fact many ex Ex Yu residents there, so it could be a bit better experience.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-05-2016 12:23 PM
    Of course there is. More of what you see in competitive dominoes is where the first one to get rid of all their cards, wins. If the game is blocked, as in no one else can play, the person with the lowest score based on the total number of their remaining cards wins.

That you can play individual or in teams. The team stuff is fun. We were playing individual Saturday night when I took this picture. It can get vicious when you play with experienced folks. I learned by watching grown men play on the side of the street as a kid...

That's exactly how I played it. Though I've never done the team thing, I'm guessing it's more interesting.

As for many things, you would be judged for playing dominos here. People would probably tell you to go running or something, but again, if they see you doing that exact thing, you'd be "kindly" suggested to sit back home and take the god damm book in your hands and start learning something. Then they would complain about how this country has stuck only on theoretical part, and never moved to practical, and then the circle would repeat itself.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-05-2016 12:29 PM
    Man I get this stream of thoughts from time to time.
    09-05-2016 12:30 PM
    Which version is that? It's been a whilr since I've updated mine. Don't know if I've missed any, I'l have to check.
    09-05-2016 12:31 PM
    Well, looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Sometimes I miss WP. I'm almost tempted to get one and another wear watch...

Lumia 640 is probably your best bet.
    09-05-2016 12:33 PM
    Which version is that? It's been a whilr since I've updated mine. Don't know if I've missed any, I'l have to check.
    I'm on Version 1607 or 10.0.14393.67.
    I don't participate in the Insider Builds.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    09-05-2016 12:35 PM
    I had strong prejudice about this book I'm currently reading. As I (ashamed to admit) never heard of it, neither it's author, I thought it'll be very boring and was already set to make myself read it, rather to enjoy it. Boy I was surprised how good it was. It's literally one of the best reads I've ever had and I haven't even finished it. I've always loved the way Russian realists wrote, and this is almost the same, though a bit newer.

Just need to make a small pause for my eyes and then I'll dive right back into it.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-05-2016 12:37 PM
    I thought it was the Insider you were refering to. Still looking forward to your review.
    09-05-2016 12:40 PM
    Oh, the book I wad talking about is Steppenwolf, by Hermann Hesse.
    09-05-2016 12:42 PM
    Lumia 640 is probably your best bet.
    Doubt I'd get that phone. If I come back it would be for the 950 or the XL...simply for the camera and Qi, as those cameras are better than the 640 and are a better fit to my Mi 5.

09-05-2016 12:43 PM
    Doubt I'd get that phone. If I come back it would be for the 950 or the XL...simply for the camera and Qi, as those cameras are better than the 640 and are a better fit to my Mi 5.

Those are fine but the 640 on the latest build makes me wonder why people shell out hundreds more for other devices.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    09-05-2016 12:59 PM
    Those are fine but the 640 on the latest build makes me wonder why people shell out hundreds more for other devices.
    For the same reasons as usual, there are certain features that OEMs sell folks.

Here's my thing. If I compare a Mi 5 with a S7 (and you know this having used both), the differences are most likely in the outdoor qualities of the display, low light capabilities of the camera, the charging options, slightly better battery life, better radio support and the SD expansion. Does it justify the price difference?

It is why I still own a Mi 5 and haven't gone crazy to get a Honor 8 or better yet, a G5. Now, I may ultimately get something else because if I'm traveling in a lot of dead zone spots in my area I need appropriate radios for better network coverage. Outside of that, it is hard justifying the effort needed to sell a Mi 5 for a G5 because the areas where the G5 (and add the HTC and the Xperia X in this too) bests the Mi 5 aren't enough.

And this is the reason why the G5 didn't sell. They hit the camera out of the ballpark. They hit a solid double with the design concept. They hit a double with maintaining the battery as removable. They hit some singles with the quick charging, IR blaster and always on display and curve of the top of the screen ergonomically. Yet the struck out on battery life, quality of the display, quality control issues with the build of the phone and the complimentary mods. And the price at launch was still too high. I'd put a cap in someone if I got a poor unit at launch for that price. LG should not have QC issues... they've been having these since the G3.

$400-450 is the new price point for consumers.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-05-2016 01:29 PM
    When I woke up, my 636 is on this build. The scaling is broken again. I remembered setting it to defer updates, so I am surprised.

Damn.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-05-2016 05:26 PM
    I really love Dio's stuff with Rainbow.
    Agreed, and his Black Sabbath years!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-05-2016 08:27 PM
    I'm running 1607, but 10.0.14915.1000 on my 1520.
    09-05-2016 08:31 PM
    Taking a break from No Man's Sky to try out the Battlefield 1 open beta.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-05-2016 08:32 PM
    Some pics from the beach visit yesterday.
    N_LaRUE, Ed Boland and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-05-2016 11:55 PM
    09-05-2016 11:56 PM
    Oh, the book I wad talking about is Steppenwolf, by Hermann Hesse.
    I heard of the book but never read it. Reading the Wiki sounds a bit trippy and interesting. I can see why it became popular in the 60s.
    Rose640 likes this.
    09-06-2016 04:44 AM
    It wouldn't be such a problem if it was UK or somewhere else where they speak English. It's German that's the problem, never had sympathies for this one. I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to Rammstein's lyrics, lol.

It's Austria we're talking about. Now that I've mentioned it, it came to me that there are in fact many ex Ex Yu residents there, so it could be a bit better experience.
    Austria. I'm heading to Vienna next month, my first time there. The country sounds like a nice place but I don't know much about it unfortunately.

I'll wish you the best of luck in achieving your goal of getting into university there.
    Rose640 likes this.
    09-06-2016 05:19 AM
    Morning!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-06-2016 06:14 AM
    That's exactly how I played it. Though I've never done the team thing, I'm guessing it's more interesting.

As for many things, you would be judged for playing dominos here. People would probably tell you to go running or something, but again, if they see you doing that exact thing, you'd be "kindly" suggested to sit back home and take the god damm book in your hands and start learning something. Then they would complain about how this country has stuck only on theoretical part, and never moved to practical, and then the circle would repeat itself.
    It's easy to play in teams. When we play in teams, the pairs sit facing each other and minimal cues are allowed. If you know how to "read the game", playing in teams is cake. You just need a good partner to make things much easier.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    09-06-2016 07:50 AM
144,076 ... 51215122512351245125 ...