I'm doing Marshall duties earlier at a local rallye sponsored by Peugeot. That's my car near the tent.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...f4ce27607a.jpg
    Those are some weird looking registration plates you have there :D
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-24-2016 08:32 AM
    You fell off your chair that this? Very surprising. Sony is doing what it's always done... over price it's stuff so no one buys it.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Except MSFTisMIA, Sony's Knight in shining armor.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 01:19 PM
    Except MSFTisMIA, Sony's Knight in shining armor.
    That's Rue you're talking about, not me...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 03:27 PM
    Hmmm...went browsing at some devices today...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 03:28 PM
    Hmmm...went browsing at some devices today...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Short version, I really want to see the V20.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    09-24-2016 03:34 PM
    Short version, I really want to see the V20.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Long version, you are again window shopping for a new device. May I suggest a Sony Xperia XZ?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 03:42 PM
    Overall:

1) I like the Honor 8. I prefer the Mi 5's screen. It's a bit more saturated LCD screen but sees nicely in sunlight. I think if I wanted to be cheap and camera was my focus solely, I'd get this.

2) The new iPhones are... interesting. I like the feel in hand on both. That jet black is akin to the old 3G(S) black...scratch city. The matte black is nice. If I had a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones, and was upgrading from a iPhone 5 and down, I'd get this. Any SE or 6 series users should skip this and wait for next year's. It feels zippy and more compact in hand - both models.

3) V10 feels smaller in hand than I remember. Makes me really want to see the V20.

4) The G5 gives me mixed feelings still. I'd still pick this over a Honor 8 at the same price easily, but man...LG missed. I still love the camera, but the screen's too dim for my tastes. The modular thing doesn't matter to me, but I'd get it in either silver or gold. I'd love a smaller G6 with a better twin camera setup.

5) I like the Axon 7. In gold it looks sweet but the silver looks pretty good too. It's smaller than I thought in hand (I've got big hands)...I wish the camera was better though...

6) The 6P looks smaller than I remember. If I could get a 64GB for about $300, I'd do it instantly...size and all.

7) I still really like the HTC 10. It feels good in hand and I like the screen a bit more than the Mi 5. I know that's a 1080P vs 2K display, but audio wise, it'll do the trick for me. At $400, I'd get this over the other $400 phones...and maybe even the G5 at the same price.

So in comparison to the Mi 5...if I could put LG's main camera, the true radio support for T-Mobile, and the HTC 10's audio in the Mi 5's size, I'd be set.

The Mi 5 is a very capable offering. I do like what Xiaomi is doing here. I'd easily see myself with two SIMs and using their dual app set up. I'm still not sure if I'll keep the Mi 5, but it just reminds me that HTC and Sony need to fix their pricing as the Chinese have really come to play.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 03:51 PM
    Long version, you are again window shopping for a new device. May I suggest a Sony Xperia XZ?
    No.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    09-24-2016 03:52 PM
    It looks like the only thing that is truly all rounder for me...is a V20. But I want to see it in person. I know the price and size and the cons for me up front. But, I would go back to a size up for the right device (6P, V20, 950 XL).

Looks like 2016 is the year to grab something before more phones come without the headphone jack next year...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-24-2016 04:01 PM
    Here you go, Laura...
    09-24-2016 04:06 PM
    Again, in good lighting, the Mi 5 kicks ***...
    09-24-2016 04:07 PM
    09-24-2016 04:24 PM
    It looks like the only thing that is truly all rounder for me...is a V20. But I want to see it in person. I know the price and size and the cons for me up front. But, I would go back to a size up for the right device (6P, V20, 950 XL).

Looks like 2016 is the year to grab something before more phones come without the headphone jack next year...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    The V20 isn't out yet. Do you mean the V10? I've played with the V10, and it's really nice, especially the camera with the manual controls. However, it's bigger than the devices you seem to favour.

I'd expect the V10 to go on sale when the V20 finally gets released.
    09-24-2016 04:27 PM
    I'm really enjoying the Honor 8 so far. Next week I get to test drive the Lumia 950๐Ÿ˜€
    09-24-2016 04:49 PM
    Only more hours of work and then im done for the day :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 05:00 PM
    I'm really enjoying the Honor 8 so far. Next week I get to test drive the Lumia 950๐Ÿ˜€
    Keep them both and retire that 640...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 05:01 PM
    Keep them both and retire that 640...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Who knows...
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-24-2016 05:07 PM
    The V20 isn't out yet. Do you mean the V10? I've played with the V10, and it's really nice, especially the camera with the manual controls. However, it's bigger than the devices you seem to favour.

I'd expect the V10 to go on sale when the V20 finally gets released.
    I speak of the same V20. Been looking through a lot of reviews of pre release units, and I like what I see so far. The V10 was a bigger, better G4.

I prefer these days for a smaller device. But since Google killed off support for the S801 chip, my Z3 Tablet compact won't see 7.0. may have to go a size up in order to get better organized and not lug around too many devices. I'm still figuring things out though...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 05:21 PM
    I love my new phone, its a samsung focus i917 ๐Ÿ˜ with this new feature called tiles......๐Ÿ˜
    09-24-2016 05:23 PM
    Who knows...
    It makes sense to me, but you love that 640 as much as you loved those 822s, so...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 05:36 PM
    The funniest part of my window shopping excursion was walking into the Verizon wireless store and seeing lit littered with Droid Turbos on the showroom floor. I'm thinking, "look at these lying *** mother****ers...showing a phone they have about as much interest in updating it to 6.0.1 as Sahib does about getting over his hiccups to ask that girl out..."

I saw a ton of Droid Turbo and Droid Turbo 2s. It's just a reason why I don't like carrier exclusives...when they don't sell, if the OEM makes a carrier free version it really holds them back on updates as they don't want to **** off their carrier partners who paid some nice $$$ for the contract...

...SMH...

09-24-2016 05:40 PM
    The funniest part of my window shopping excursion was walking into the Verizon wireless store and seeing lit littered with Droid Turbos on the showroom floor. I'm thinking, "look at these lying *** mother****ers...showing a phone they have about as much interest in updating it to 6.0.1 as Sahib does about getting over his hiccups to ask that girl out..."

I saw a ton of Droid Turbo and Droid Turbo 2s. It's just a reason why I don't like carrier exclusives...when they don't sell, if the OEM makes a carrier free version it really holds them back on updates as they don't want to **** off their carrier partners who paid some nice $$$ for the contract...

...SMH...

If you asked me last year what phone I was secretly lusting at in the closet...it was the X Force, the international version of the Droid Turbo 2. That phone is now in the dust bin. It's kinda why I soured on Moto. Even though I may end up using my Maxx temporarily, it's just a shame to see what they've done...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 05:47 PM
    It makes sense to me, but you love that 640 as much as you loved those 822s, so...

You mean the 810, right?
    The 822 were a hobby device since they were more ubiquitous than the 810.
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-24-2016 06:04 PM
    You mean the 810, right?
    And the 810 had the cyan backs.....๐Ÿ˜€
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 06:10 PM
    You mean the 810, right?
    Same thing...i will admit, it was one if the most underappreciated phones I've ever used.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 06:14 PM
145,239 ... 51485149515051515152 ...