I'm not really a fan of winter, but I just can't wait to fire up that fireplace. Or go to our weekend house with friends and have a home made goulash.
    I'm not a fan of winter either. I had many years of it and I'm glad the UK isn't that bad during the winter.

There are some things that were nice about it but I can live without those if I have to. :P
    09-27-2016 03:01 AM
    I suppose this will be (or already is?) Trump's politics if he gets elected, lol.

http://9gag.com/gag/a6QePAA
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2016 03:12 AM
    I'm not a fan of winter either. I had many years of it and I'm glad the UK isn't that bad during the winter.

There are some things that were nice about it but I can live without those if I have to. :P
    Another thing I like about winter is that I get to be super lazy without anyone complaining :D
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2016 03:14 AM
    I suppose this will be (or already is?) Trump's politics if he gets elected, lol.

America right now. - 9GAG
    I think the comment section is pretty scary personally...
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-27-2016 03:21 AM
    Another thing I like about winter is that I get to be super lazy without anyone complaining :D
    Last winter I was renovating a house. I hope to have the final touches done before this winter so I can be a bit more lazy. Saying that, I'd like to go somewhere warmish in the new year. This hasn't been the best year for weather here.
    09-27-2016 03:24 AM
    I think the comment section is pretty scary personally...
    Comment section is the only thing still keeping me on 9gag. I've already seen at least 80% of the post, and in many cases comments are much funnier than the post itself.

But yes, in some cases it's filled with nonsense and hate. There are even comments trying to encourage others on hate crimes. It's easy to write bull**** under a anonymous account, most of them are probably under 15.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-27-2016 03:32 AM
    Last winter I was renovating a house. I hope to have the final touches done before this winter so I can be a bit more lazy. Saying that, I'd like to go somewhere warmish in the new year. This hasn't been the best year for weather here.
    Nice, staying in Europe or going somewhere farther?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2016 03:34 AM
    09-27-2016 03:34 AM
    Nice, staying in Europe or going somewhere farther?
    Probably just the EU but I'd like to go to other places. Finances at the moment won't really allow that though.

I do need to get back to Australia at some point in the near future but that's not going to be cheap. I should also go to Canada to see the family again (oh joy!), maybe travel some in Canada as well and there are parts of the US I'd still like to get to.

There's places all over that I'd like to see. I need to make more money! LOL!
    09-27-2016 04:24 AM
    Probably just the EU but I'd like to go to other places. Finances at the moment won't really allow that though.

I do need to get back to Australia at some point in the near future but that's not going to be cheap. I should also go to Canada to see the family again (oh joy!), maybe travel some in Canada as well and there are parts of the US I'd still like to get to.

There's places all over that I'd like to see. I need to make more money! LOL!
    Quite some plan you have there. With those costs you might as well get another house, lol.

I dig Australia, I'd like to live there since I don't mind all those nopes.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2016 08:38 AM
    Quite some plan you have there. With those costs you might as well get another house, lol.

I dig Australia, I'd like to live there since I don't mind all those nopes.
    I miss Australia more than I miss Canada and I'm Canadian. Though in the UK I'm Australian.

However, I do love living in the EU. I love being able to visit all those places I watched on TV in Canada and Australia and enjoy the different cultures. Unfortunately most people in the EU don't know how good they have it. :P

If you ever decide to go to Australia keep in mind it's a big place. Most Aussies are pretty easy going. It's an expensive place to visit. The sun doesn't always shine and when it rains it doesn't kid around. On the whole Australia is OK. It's not as exciting as it's made out on TV. :P

I need to go to Canada for family but I haven't actually visited much of it so I wouldn't mind heading out west.

I need to go to Australia because I still have things there to sort out so going there is sort of essential. I'd also like to do some 'touristy' things while I'm there.

Still lots to see in the EU and USA. I have friends in the US I'd like to see as well.

So there's a lot of travelling for me to do still.
    09-27-2016 08:53 AM
    So what song do you think has heavier bass that will blow speakers: "Into the Void" by Black Sabbath" or "The Barbarian" by ELP?
    It's not the same kind of music, but if you want bass to blow speakers, check out "Bass Computer 2000" by Techmaster P.E.B. I recall everyone using that to test their bass back in high school. I think it originally came out in 1991.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=oisrKoiH
    Last edited by sinime; 09-27-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2016 10:05 AM
    It's not the same kind of music, but if you want bass to blow speakers, check out "Bass Computer 2000" by Techmaster P.E.B. I recall everyone using that to test their bass back in high school. I think it originally came out in 1991.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=17b7VjIg
    I believe she was just being hypothetical....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2016 10:26 AM
    Yeah, but...
    You know it's all about that bass
    'Bout that bass, & treble
    It's all about that bass
    'Bout that bass, & treble

Can't believe it's been over 20 years ago that it came out. (Techmaster PEB, not Meghan Trainer... although Meghan is probably about as old at that CD.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-27-2016 10:40 AM
    Well, I just fired up the Lumia 950. So far so good...
    libra89, sinime, Rose640 and 2 others like this.
    09-27-2016 12:39 PM
    I miss Australia more than I miss Canada and I'm Canadian. Though in the UK I'm Australian.

However, I do love living in the EU. I love being able to visit all those places I watched on TV in Canada and Australia and enjoy the different cultures. Unfortunately most people in the EU don't know how good they have it. :P

If you ever decide to go to Australia keep in mind it's a big place. Most Aussies are pretty easy going. It's an expensive place to visit. The sun doesn't always shine and when it rains it doesn't kid around. On the whole Australia is OK. It's not as exciting as it's made out on TV. :P

I need to go to Canada for family but I haven't actually visited much of it so I wouldn't mind heading out west.

I need to go to Australia because I still have things there to sort out so going there is sort of essential. I'd also like to do some 'touristy' things while I'm there.

Still lots to see in the EU and USA. I have friends in the US I'd like to see as well.

So there's a lot of travelling for me to do still.
    It doesn't need to be exciting, that's the point, I just want to get away from this place, and you can't go further than Australia :D. Also I've heard and read somewhere that they're taking immigrants and stuff, so that's my plan after I finish the college. Who doesn't want well educated youth for free.

As far as Europe concerned, I'd really like to visit old towns in Italy, renaissance era and similar. Also Prague, Budapest, Wiena and others. I'd take those over any beach, but that's just me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2016 01:43 PM
    I just had a nice discussion about music with a friend of mine. We were trying to "find" the best metal song of all time, and we agreed that it is Hallowed be thy name by Maiden. Any other thoughts?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2016 01:49 PM
    Off to watch the game, Champions League is finally back.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-27-2016 01:51 PM
    I just had a nice discussion about music with a friend of mine. We were trying to "find" the best metal song of all time, and we agreed that it is Hallowed be thy name by Maiden. Any other thoughts?
    Another really good song is "Into the Void" by Black Sabbath.

I like their album Master of Reality better than Paranoid since they established their heavy sound with the down tuned guitar and bass on Master of Reality.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 09-27-2016 at 08:40 PM.
    Rose640 likes this.
    09-27-2016 06:56 PM
    I was. I read an article about how a guy blew out the speakers on his father's hi-fi system back in the 70s via "The Barbarian" and wondered if the same guy listened to "Into the Void".

I have Master of Reality on MP3, but vinyl is on the way.
    09-27-2016 08:39 PM
    anybody else watching the new south park season 20? i voted for turd sandwich ;D , memberberries are really trippy btw xD
    fnudxnnz0w1rsc9p7d6a.jpg
    Rose640 likes this.
    09-28-2016 12:53 AM
    I never knew what happened to him at the end. I was watching that show on Fox, but missed all thr last episodes
    OJ walked and kardashian threw up after the final verdict.( psss: he knew it was OJ)
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    09-28-2016 12:56 AM
    It doesn't need to be exciting, that's the point, I just want to get away from this place, and you can't go further than Australia :D. Also I've heard and read somewhere that they're taking immigrants and stuff, so that's my plan after I finish the college. Who doesn't want well educated youth for free.

As far as Europe concerned, I'd really like to visit old towns in Italy, renaissance era and similar. Also Prague, Budapest, Wiena and others. I'd take those over any beach, but that's just me.
    There's one thing to keep in mind with Australia, it's nothing like Europe at all. The cities have very little history and all the towns start to look the same. There are some interesting places but on the whole Australia is a very 'new' country. The aboriginals are the only ones with any real history there and most of it is oral. There's some rock painting but there out in the middle of nowhere. So if you're going there, you're going for the weather more than anything. :P

Australia is a very expensive place to live in. The food, rent and running cost of a car are all very expensive. Doing any sort of travelling isn't cheap either. Also even thinking about travelling back and forth to EU gets really expensive. The fastest flight I ever did was 28 hours between Brisbane and London. Not sure how long it would take to get to your country.

Getting a visa isn't easy. Not sure where you're getting your information from but Australia is one of the harder places to immigrate to and it's not cheap.

If you're really interested there this method for people under the age of 30 - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi/...-holiday-visas

This gives you a year to traipse around Australia and if you're lucky, either find someone to marry or get a job at a place that will sponsor you. Otherwise you should leave once your visa is ending otherwise they ban you from ever going back and your chances of obtaining a visa are toast.

There is a skills in demand list - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ions-lists/SOL

There's also studying in Australia, but again, not cheap.

This is basically the visa you would apply for if you wanted to go by yourself - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

It's a points based system and you need to meet the criteria otherwise it's a big no.

Quick story.

When I got my partner visa (my wife is Australian) we were at our interview. There was a couple beside us (yeah not private at all) and they got told there wasn't enough proof of a relationship for the visa to be accepted so they got rejected. They were married and had been together for about 6 months I believe so they are very strict. I think the agent believed it was a marriage of convenience.

There was a time when Australia was a bit easier to get into. Don't believe everything you hear.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 09-28-2016 at 02:07 AM.
    09-28-2016 01:42 AM
    It's one of my favourite Maiden songs but not sure if I'd consider it the best metal song. Music is about personal taste so there really is no such things as 'best'.
    Laura Knotek, azcruz and Rose640 like this.
    09-28-2016 01:43 AM
    I was. I read an article about how a guy blew out the speakers on his father's hi-fi system back in the 70s via "The Barbarian" and wondered if the same guy listened to "Into the Void".

I have Master of Reality on MP3, but vinyl is on the way.
    Back in the 70s I think it would have been easier to achieve than nowadays. The equipment is a lot more robust and so long as you treat it well and have it set up correctly you would probably have a hard time blowing a speaker.

If you want to blow a speaker you simply get a powerful amp and a speaker that can't handle the power. Crank it to full, play for an hour so. Once you hear distortion you've likely killed it one way or another.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 01:50 AM
144,181 ... 51515152515351545155 ...